brummie

London - Newcastle

Birmingham - Newcastle

Liverpool - Newcastle

Manchester - Newcastle

Sheffield - Newcastle

Glasgow - Newcastle

Wild Card - Newcastle

This, but taking it purely on face value.

London - Charlton

Birmingham - Villa

Liverpool -  Tranmere (I have many relatives down there and they are big Tranmere fans, so I've actually seen them play a number of times down the years)

Manchester - Man City

Sheffield - Dunno. No preference towards either, but probably Wednesday as Sheff U wear Red and White stripes - and I automatically find red and white stripes repulsive

Glasgow - Partick, can't be doing with the Old Firm b*llocks

Wild Card - Hibs

London - Fulham, nice traditional ground, shame about the football (watch other teams)

Birmingham - Aston Villa.

Liverpool - Don't like either...

Manchester - Man city

Sheffield - Sheff Wed

Glasgow - Bigoted s****, train to edinburgh -Hibees

Wildcard - Berwick Rangers (just for the sex and danger!)

hibs are just as bigoted as rangers or celtic

Why are people picking Arsenal for 'the quality of the football' and not picking Man Utd who also play some of the best football in the country?

Man U have more glory supporters and the majority of there supporters come from either Ireland or London.

Bollocks, tbh. ManYoo always get told Citeh have more supporters in Manchester, and that's shite. Fact is they're the most popular club in the world: the majority of those may be glory supporters originally but there are few if any clubs in the world who could consistently sell as many tickets as they do. They have a lot of glory supporters, as do any club who are successful, bu they also have a huge and loyal fanbase.

London - Fulham, nice traditional ground, shame about the football (watch other teams)

Manchester - Man city

Sheffield - Sheff Wed

To be fair mate, they're not.

Hearts and Hibs fans (for all their flaws) are sometimes capable of having a laugh (in my experience anyway).

Rangers and Celtic fans are absolutely 100% conviced that everybody else in the whole world actually gives a rat's arse about their silly little rivalry.

It's rather sad.

Manchester - Man city

Sheffield - Sheff Wed

Not really. Neither are Hearts but they are worse than Hibs- booing the minutes silence for the Pope etc

Guest toonlass

Manchester - Man city

Sheffield - Sheff Wed

Hearts and Hibs fans (for all their flaws) are sometimes capable of having a laugh (in my experience anyway).

Rangers and Celtic fans are absolutely 100% conviced that everybody else in the whole world actually gives a rat's arse about their silly little rivalry.

It's rather sad.

That is generalisation of all Rangers and Celtic fans. They are not all bigots, just like not all Newcastle fans chanted crap about Mido. If you had actually been to a Rangers or Celtic game you would realise that, but maybe its just easier to follow the tabloid press.

Anyway back to the question and seeing that Newcastle can't be the answer to the question

London - Millwall (mad people)

Birmingham - Do I have to go to Birmingham? Yes? Ok then I guess West Brom for no real reason at all.

Liverpool - Tranmere Rovers

Manchester - Preston North End

Sheffield - Rotherham

Glasgow - Rangers (born a blue-nose through Mam being a weegie)

Wild card - Bedlington Terriers if Newcastle didn't have a game.

Manchester - Man city

Sheffield - Sheff Wed

It's rather sad.

That is generalisation of all Rangers and Celtic fans. They are not all bigots, just like not all Newcastle fans chanted crap about Mido. If you had actually been to a Rangers or Celtic game you would realise that, but maybe its just easier to follow the tabloid press.

I don't read tabloids.

And I work for Dundee United on match days so i've been to more games involving Rangers and Celtic than I care to remember.

So that's that one blown out of the water for the f****** cynics.

To answer your point, yes it would be a generalisation to label Newcastle fans for the racist chanting because it doesn't happen at every game Newcastle play.  If it did then it wouldn't be a generalisation.  But it doesn't.

Rangers' and Celtic's travelling support sing their bigoted tripe every time they come to Tannadice.  I can't remember a single time when it didn't happen. 

That's the difference.  When it happened with Newcastle it was an isolated incedent (not that i'm trying to justify it).  With those two it's a culture and for many of their fans it's the only reason they watch the team.

Guest toonlass

Manchester - Man city

Sheffield - Sheff Wed

It's rather sad.

I don't read tabloids.

And I work for Dundee United on match days so i've been to more games involving Rangers and Celtic than I care to remember.

To answer your point, yes it would be a generalisation to label Newcastle fans for the racist chanting because it doesn't happen at every game Newcastle play.  If it did then it wouldn't be a generalisation.  But it doesn't.

Rangers' and Celtic's travelling support sing their bigoted tripe every time they come to Tannadice.  I can't remember a single time when it didn't happen. 

That's the difference.  When it happened with Newcastle it was an isolated incedent (not that i'm trying to justify it).  With those two it's a culture and for many of their fans it's the only reason they watch the team.

But there are many of the fans of the Old Firm who do not subscribe to the bigotry shite. They are actually more interested in the football. I just don't like the generalisation.

Manchester - Man city

Sheffield - Sheff Wed

It's rather sad.

I don't read tabloids.

But there are many of the fans of the Old Firm who do not subscribe to the bigotry s****. They are actually more interested in the football. I just don't like the generalisation.

That's the thing though.  We keep hearing about this silent majority but i've honestly never met one of them. 

If they do exist then they should be trying do do something about it.  If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem and all that.

Manchester - FC United, really respect what they've been doing, turning their back on trophies and brilliant football to stay loyal to the game

Good call that, forgot about them.

What does "staying loyal to the game" actually mean though?

I don't remember them complaining during the nineties when they were outspending everybody and winning everything.

They did. The idea for FC United first came about when Rupert Merdoch was thinking of buying them in the late 90s.

Manchester - FC United, really respect what they've been doing, turning their back on trophies and brilliant football to stay loyal to the game

I don't remember them complaining during the nineties when they were outspending everybody and winning everything.

They did. The idea for FC United first came about when Rupert Merdoch was thinking of buying them in the late 90s.

I didn't realise that.

What took them so long?

Guest toonlass

Manchester - Man city

Sheffield - Sheff Wed

It's rather sad.

I don't read tabloids.

But there are many of the fans of the Old Firm who do not subscribe to the bigotry s****. They are actually more interested in the football. I just don't like the generalisation.

That's the thing though.  We keep hearing about this silent majority but i've honestly never met one of them. 

If they do exist then they should be trying do do something about it.  If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem and all that.

You may not have met one face to face, but hello, I am a rangers fan, and I don't believe I am a bigot. I have never sang sectarian bile at Ibrox(but have seen others who have), I have never attacked a Celtic fan because of their choice of team and my daughter goes to a Roman Catholic Middle School if that has anything to do with anything. :hello:

Manchester - Man city

Sheffield - Sheff Wed

It's rather sad.

I don't read tabloids.

You may not have met one face to face, but hello, I am a rangers fan, and I don't believe I am a bigot. I have never sang sectarian bile at Ibrox(but have seen others who have), I have never attacked a Celtic fan because of their choice of team and my daughter goes to a Roman Catholic Middle School if that has anything to do with anything. :hello:

I think you missed out a hello there  :lol:

What you're saying is essentially correct in that (allegedly) not every single Infirm fan is a bigot but, as i've said, we keep hearing about this moderate silent majority but they seem to be very reluctant to show themselves.  If they were serious about it then they would shout the morons down and start banning them from their buses.  But they don't.  Failure to do this suggests that they think it's acceptable behaviour and gives grounds for people to "generalise" about them.

Manchester - Man city

Sheffield - Sheff Wed

It's rather sad.

I don't read tabloids.

its the add ons of FTP etc that are bigoted! the sash and loyalist songs are not!

Manchester - Man city

Sheffield - Sheff Wed

It's rather sad.

I don't read tabloids.

its the add ons of FTP etc that are bigoted! the sash and loyalist songs are not!

But that's what happens though.

From a scottish point of view I just think it's embarassing that it's left to Uefa to take action because the SFA/SPL don't have the balls.  It makes us look like we're not capable of getting our own house in order.

i agree mate! am not saying everyone does it but in my experience its drunken neds that usually sing stuff like that at games and most people dont want to say anything incase theres an incident which is understandable but the stewards and police do nothing to help either

Guest toonlass

I was at the game at Ibrox against Aberdeen with my brother. The Aberdeen fans were singing sick chants, throwing lighters and coins and basically acting like idiots and nothing was done, nothing was said and as just football fans there was nothing we could do when the Rangers fans reacted. We had to stand and watch the mayhem around us while the stewards stood and watched on too.

i agree mate! am not saying everyone does it but in my experience its drunken neds that usually sing stuff like that at games and most people dont want to say anything incase theres an incident which is understandable but the stewards and police do nothing to help either

There was an incedent in the main stand at Tannadice last season when we played Celtic.  I wasn't involved because I work in the executive boxes but I heard about it from one of the stewards.  The police confronted a group of louts about "inappropriate" singing and the next thing the whole stand were screaming abuse at the police.  So much for the silent majority.  There's only so much the police can do without causing a riot.  It's one of these things that has to be self-policed imo.  If people behaved then there wouldn't be a problem.  But they invariably don't.

I was at the game at Ibrox against Aberdeen with my brother. The Aberdeen fans were singing sick chants, throwing lighters and coins and basically acting like idiots and nothing was done, nothing was said and as just football fans there was nothing we could do when the Rangers fans reacted. We had to stand and watch the mayhem around us while the stewards stood and watched on too.

Aberdeen fans are a disgrace aswell btw.  They've got a chip on their shoulder about everything.

Aberdeen fans are a disgrace aswell btw.  They've got a chip on their shoulder about everything.

spot on a agree there is no place for bigoted chants in football but singing songs about the ibrox disaster is right bang out of order but nothing every gets said about that

I didn't realise that.

What took them so long?

Well Murdoch's takeover fell through so they didnt bother, but kept all the plans in case it happened again, which it did when the Glazers took mover.

London - West Ham (all those ex-Magpies)

Birmingham - Villa

Liverpool - Liverpool

Manchester - City (that's who Oasis cheer for and they're my favorite band, which is a horrible reason, I know)

Sheffield - United

Glasgow - Inverness CT (because I wouldn't live in Glasgow. If I lived in Scotland, I would live in Inverness)

Wild card - Norwich.

I didn't realise that.

What took them so long?

Well Murdoch's takeover fell through so they didnt bother, but kept all the plans in case it happened again, which it did when the Glazers took mover.

If those guys think that people like Murdoch and the Glazers are bad for the game then that's their view and they're entitled to it.  I personally disagree.  I was there in the 80s and yes it was cheap and affordable to go to the match but the conditions were appalling compared to what they are since money came into the game.  No amount of romanticising about "the good old days" will change my mind about that.

I luuuurve going off topic in threads - sorry folks :-)

London - West Ham (Solano, hope to see Dyer get injured)

Birmingham - Villa (live in the midlands, two of my best mates support Villa, have had some good days out with them)

Liverpool - Everton (I fucking HATE Liverpool)

Manchester - Man U (Best Manager Ever)

Sheffield - Sheff Utd (Keith Gillespie, plus everyone else said Wednesday n i like to be different:D)

Glasgow - Kilmarnock (Bet my mate they would get third)

Wild card -  Away team at Stadium Of shite/Home teams when Sunderland play away.