Look out! little mickey's back just in time for England! Will he return fit?

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonchina

"I’ll listen to the surgeon and not anyone else."

"I know the manager here said I did it in the last international matches but I was playing in pain even before them."

By saying that,he is obviously showing some lack of respect to Big Sam and trying to refute him.

It seems some people tend to believe that the press such as the Sun or Evening Chronicle is always tring to stir shit up out of nothing.But sometimes it's not the case.Lots of people like to have a go at Alan Oliver.But more than often,his stories are true.When he first revealed Kieron Dyer was unhappy,he was accused of making rubbish.But what happened after that?

As for Owen,I believe he does have something against Sam as the Sun revealed today.Owen tried to refute Sam for at least 4 times since he recovered.He's such an arrogant and untrustable player.

"Ill listen to the surgeon and not anyone else."

"I know the manager here said I did it in the last international matches but I was playing in pain even before them."

By saying that,he is obviously showing some lack of respect to Big Sam and trying to refute him.

It seems some people tend to believe that the press such as the Sun or Evening Chronicle is always tring to stir shit up out of nothing.But sometimes it's not the case.Lots of people like to have a go at Alan Oliver.But more than often,his stories are true.When he first revealed Kieron Dyer was unhappy,he was accused of making rubbish.But what happened after that?

As for Owen,I believe he does have something against Sam as the Sun revealed today.Owen tried to refute Sam for at least 4 times since he recovered.He's such an arrogant and untrustable player.

:lol: :jesuswept: Championing the Sun and Alan Oliver over the best player at the club.

"I?ll listen to the surgeon and not anyone else."

:lol: :jesuswept: Championing the Sun and Alan Oliver over the best player at the club.

:lol:

Guest toonchina

The best player at this club?

The best player who next week will have started 17 games for the club and 18 games for the country in 26 months?

I trust Owen to do better than any other Newcastle player in two areas:

In a goalscoring situation

Helping the team keep possession when the ball is in the final third of the field

And in the end of the day, isn't that all that matters. There is no reason whatsoever that Owen will suffer an injury recurrence during international duty based on the advice of the surgeon. Nothing happenned to Shearer after his trip to the same surgeon, and that was during a busy fixture schedule as well iirc.

It's gonna be fun when Michael Owen leaves this club because he gets sick of all the "England's Michael Owen" s***.  I can't wait to have Martins as first choice, so we can lose games we should have drawn and draw games we should have won through him missing chances.  Maybe we can have a permanent conveyor belt of A.N. Other striker to partner him too, like most other clubs in the league have where it's a constant trial and error every transfer window to find someone (anyone!?) who can score regularly in the Premiership.

Or maybe we could shut the f*** up, accept that the lad has had some bad injuries since he got here, accept that he loves playing for his country, and just be thankful for the fact that we've got a player of his class in our squad.  Unfortunately, the choice isn't mine, it's up to the St James' Park "faithful", half of whom haven't got two brain cells to rub together, as evidenced by some of the patter on here (although tbf, half the s**** on here comes from people who've never set foot in the ground).  So anyway, let's look forward to no better than Benjani Martins and A.N. Other that can't hit a barn door with a banjo.  It's gonna be fun.

Spot-on, Gemmill - I am getting to believe that because Owen IS a top striker, undoubtedly England's best bet for a goal, many NUFC fans have a big Chip-on-shoulder syndrome about him ; they know, deep down, that the club hasn't been the successful environment which a player like Owen normally wants, and that because he asked for an escape clause in his Contract(and who wouldn't when joining a club who had so much turmoil & lack of success as NUFC), they fear he may leave and by so doing, confirm that the Club is NOT among the winners of the Prem.

People have conveniently forgotten how Shearer was unfortunate enough to have many months out with injury during his first couple of years with the club,but no-one was accusing him of not being interested in playing for us, simply because he's a Geordie....also, Les Ferdinand was a far better striker than Martins will ever be, yet no-one thought that Shearer was taking his place, despite being given the No 9 shirt...

We were DESPERATE for someone of Owen's calibre to join the club because Shearer was finishing, AND getting past it, so even though Owen HAS had long periods out, we were still lucky to get him.

Where would we be now without his goals this season ??

As you rightly say, Martins is not and will NOT be the answer, but because he doesn't play for England(and is therefore not a favourite of the Cockney Press!), some fans see him as more a 'Newcastle' player ; i.e,

inconsistent, like the Club, and not one of the 'Establishment' which Owen represents - a bit of reverse-snobbery, if you like...

Unfortunately, the type of reaction we are seeing to Owen, both on this site and by the booing of Martins being replaced by him/singing of Martins' name when Owen comes on, is likely to grant fans their wishes ;

I believe that Owen HAS been affected by it all, and will definitely leave if we fail to qualify for Europe this season - those fans responsible will only have themselves to blame, and the rest of us have to live with the consequences of it..just who are we going to replace him with - Huntelaar? He is probably the best option, but out of our reach, and Chelsea have targeted him already.

All this could put Sam's rebuilding job back by a couple of years - all footballers are mercenaries, and to land Owen with all the blame for being one is ludicrous.

Guest toonchina

OK,as a player,Owen's ability when fit is absolutely trustable.But as a man,whatever he says and does is definitely untrustable.

Guest johnson293

OK,as a player,Owen's ability when fit is absolutely trustable.But as a man,whatever he says and does is definitely untrustable.

And people question why he doesn't come out and say he's happy/committed to the club, etc more often???

Seems he probably wouldn't be believed anyway, even if he did!

Of course, for the average Chinese fan limited to highlights, Martins bicycle kicks and 30 yard screamers must look infinitely better than Owen's unmarked headers.

(Not that I don't rate Martins, but Owen is a World Class player, whereas Martins is an impact substitute for a good European club)

Guest toonchina

NO no no,I'm not referring to that.

Give you an example.Last month,before he went to England,he said this,"I've been able to play 90 minutes for a long time, but obviously it's glued into people's heads that I'm still injured."

But now he said this,"I know the manager here said I did it in the last international matches but I was playing in pain even before them."

OMG,does he mean he was fit in a lot pain?

The best player at this club?

The best player who next week will have started 17 games for the club and 18 games for the country in 26 months?

So, when Shearer had a number of long spells on the sidelines he wasn't the best player at the club?

Guest toonchina

You are so wrong.Chinese fans can watch whatever live games they want to.And it cost about 20 pence per game.

And I rate Owen,the goal-poacher,as a player much more than Martins.You are wrong again.

Give you an example.Last month,before he went to England,he said this,"I've been able to play 90 minutes for a long time, but obviously it's glued into people's heads that I'm still injured."

But now he said this,"I know the manager here said I did it in the last international matches but I was playing in pain even before them."

Players play in pain all the time. Players play through hernia-type injuries for as long as they can. Shearer did that at least once.

You clearly dont know what you are talking about.

To all who may have looked at the back of the Sun today.

Remenber, any article on our club in this paper or its national Sunday accomplice TNOTW is written simply to shift more copy and is likely to be no where near reality.

I am more convinced than ever that the Cockney tabloids have an agenda to see our demise. They would never do this with their beloved Spurs for instance.

Guest toonchina

So, when Shearer had a number of long spells on the sidelines,he wasn't playing for his country either.But so many times for Owen,he was fit for his country but unavailable for his club in 2005.

So, when Shearer had a number of long spells on the sidelines,he wasn't playing for his country either.But so many times for Owen,he was fit for his country but unavailable for his club in 2005.

Wrong again.

Guest johnson293

He did have a number of niggling injuries from when he signed, but he had gotten back to fitness, including scoring at Hattrick for us at West Ham just before breaking his foot at Spurs.

Are you saying he broke his foot on purpose, so that he could have a few months off before the world cup???

Do you actually think not playing for Newcastle benefits Owen's England career and as such, he's deliberately not playing for us?

Guest toonchina

Players play in pain all the time. Players play through hernia-type injuries for as long as they can. Shearer did that at least once.

Is your English reading even worse than me?Owen wants to tell you,that Sam believes his injury was aggravated when he played for England,but he believes it had started to be aggravated at the club.Do you think when an injury is being aggravated,you could call it "fit"?

Guest toonchina

Do you actually think not playing for Newcastle benefits Owen's England career and as such, he's deliberately not playing for us?

He didn't want to take any risk for Newcastle.But he would like to take a risk for England.That's the difference.

Players play through pain for a reason, Shearer done it because he wanted to wait until the International break before having surgery so he would miss less games for us.

Guest johnson293

Is your English reading even worse than me?Owen wants to tell you,that Sam believes his injury was aggravated when he played for England,but he believes it had started to be aggravated at the club.Do you think when an injury is being aggravated,you could call it "fit"?

When Owen said... ,"I've been able to play 90 minutes for a long time, but obviously it's glued into people's heads that I'm still injured." I believe he was referring to being 'Match Fit' and thus beign able to complete 90 minutes based on fitness, not any potential niggles he may have been carrying - which may or may not have turned out be anything more than a niggle and thus went away.

Unfortunately, it turned out to be the hernia, and needed surgery.

He still only missed two matches due to it though! (Arsenal & Man Cty away)

He didn't want to take any risk for Newcastle.But he would like to take a risk for England.That's the difference.

Did he, or did he not play against Derby and West Ham despite carrying this injury?

That alone makes all your comments about the timing of pain, and only taking risks for England irrelevant. There is a difference between being in pain and being unfit to play.

Like I said, you clearly don't know what you are talking about.