Do you think Sam will succeed as a NUFC manager?

ATB
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think he's capable of establishing us in the top 6. I don't think his 'brand' of football is really made for teams who need to compete at the very highest level on a regular basis and I'm not convinced he is able or willing to change that.

I see him as a step in the right direction, but that's all he is.

He will help us climb the mountain but we might need someone else to get to the peak.

Beautifully poetic, Parks.

PS - don't forget that 50 notes. He's good, but he's not that good.

;)

Phoned my mate in Leicster this morn. [Possible place for wink/]

*grumble grumble*

Guest Knightrider
I don't think his 'brand' of football is really made for teams who need to compete at the very highest level on a regular basis and I'm not convinced he is able or willing to change that.

The same brand that won Liverpool the Champions League and Chelsea two league titles?

There is more than one way to skin a cat as the old saying goes...

Not every champion plays like Arsenal or Man Utd.

We need some one like the special one to turn this club up and down. I am impressed with Sam so far but he didn't win any silverware in his career and I am not sure if thats is gone change at Newcastle or not. It might or it might not.

Coachs like Mourniho, Cappelo, or Lippi gurentee success but unfortuntly for us Big Sam is not there yet.

Guest Knightrider

Coachs like Mourniho, Cappelo, or Lippi gurentee success but unfortuntly for us Big Sam is not there yet.

Like Dalglish who won it all? Or Bobby even? No manager guarantees success, not even the 'special one'

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Fat Sam can look above the bargain basement for players and that's going to win Fuck all these days. Even if he has the money, IMO, he'll buy at best average grafters without any flair and in 3 years we'll be back at square one. He has no imagination unless it involves monitors and blood tests.

We haven't played a decent team yet and I'm not holding my breathe based on what I've seen so far this season.

Like Dalglish who won it all? Or Bobby even? No manager guarantees success, not even the 'special one'

Well, to be fair to them, they came f****** close with us, both of them with kinda goes to show how far ethigeordies comments stretch.

I think to a degree SA is already a success, i cant remeber seeing so much positivety about the club in such a long time, now the FS considerable shadow has been replaced with Mr Ashleys, it gotta be onwards and upwards, it also depends on what you see as success,  in my eyes at the moment, i think that estabilishing ourselves amongst the top4 is the ultimatess goal if am honest and i would happily sacrifice cup wins to get there although that is quite a contradictory statement to make.

Guest Knightrider

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Fat Sam can look above the bargain basement for players and that's going to win Fuck all these days. Even if he has the money, IMO, he'll buy at best average grafters without any flair and in 3 years we'll be back at square one. He has no imagination unless it involves monitors and blood tests.

We haven't played a decent team yet and I'm not holding my breathe based on what I've seen so far this season.

The first bit of money he got at Bolton, £8m which is like £30m at Newcastle, he blew it all on one player, Anelka. I'm sure he won't be afraid to spend good money on good players.

For every grafter there has been an Okocha.

At Bolton he somehow fused hard graft with flair and creativity, which not many managers can do. Those that can tend to be more successful. He'll do the same here.

I remember many people saying the same about Souness regarding signings who went on to blow £50m or so on Luque, Emre, Nobby, Owen, Boumsong and Parker. Hardly a team of grafters. Mind I can't see Big Sam wasting his money or many players flopping at Newcastle under his command, unlike the Scot.

Again more reactionary shite based on very little.

It's all about opinions, isn't it, HTT?

You prefer to clutch at straws while turning a blind eye to what is happening on the pitch. Which is not a lot in terms of quality football and the only hope I see is that Barton can turn it on in midfield quickly.

Bolton were a team of grunts, one of the reasons they had so many empty seats. Fat Sam couldn't change his way of thinking and look at a big picture. Flair and excitement fill seats...everywhere. Trophies fill seats but as chelsea are finding, not everywhere. At the Toon, trophies and shite football will fill the stadium but you have to have a few more ideas than a team like arsenal reserves, and I'm not sure Sammy has that ability to either coach it into them or buy flair players that can turn a game.

Well if he can get us in the top four on a regular basis, then why can't we win a trophy? Any trophy?

I don't think he can get us into the top four but IMO, he can repeat what he did at Bolton. Get us in the top seven and bore the pants off us.

Well if he can get us in the top four on a regular basis, then why can't we win a trophy? Any trophy?

I don't think he can get us into the top four but IMO, he can repeat what he did at Bolton. Get us in the top seven and bore the pants off us.

If we can get into Europe in any capacity on a regular basis then we're at least a much better proposition for whoever comes in next.

If we can get into Europe in any capacity on a regular basis then we're at least a much better proposition for whoever comes in next.

We got into Europe on a regular basis when Shepherd was chairman but he was accused of holding the club back by many, now it's acceptable for a manager to achieve that standard again even though we're owned by a billionaire?

We got into Europe on a regular basis when Shepherd was chairman but he was accused of holding the club back by many, now it's acceptable for a manager to achieve that standard again even though we're owned by a billionaire?

I thought we were discussing the manager.

So it's acceptable for a manager to qualify for Europe on a regular basis but not good enough for the chairman, does that mean Mort is holding us back too?

So it's acceptable for a manager to qualify for Europe on a regular basis but not good enough for the chairman, does that mean Mort is holding us back too?

Eh? Times change.

Eh? Times change.

So does standards by the sound of it.

Guest Knightrider

You prefer to clutch at straws while turning a blind eye to what is happening on the pitch. Which is not a lot in terms of quality football and the only hope I see is that Barton can turn it on in midfield quickly.

7 GAMES MAN, 7 GAMES.

Btw I have said time and time again our football hasn't been the best and that our performances have been poor so there is no blind eye or straw clutching from me. Just realism that a new team can't turn it on from the off and most certainly not after a few games.

Bolton were a team of grunts, one of the reasons they had so many empty seats. Fat Sam couldn't change his way of thinking and look at a big picture. Flair and excitement fill seats...everywhere. Trophies fill seats but as chelsea are finding, not everywhere. At the Toon, trophies and shite football will fill the stadium but you have to have a few more ideas than a team like arsenal reserves, and I'm not sure Sammy has that ability to either coach it into them or buy flair players that can turn a game.

What are you dribbling on about, he bought flair players at Bolton and some very high profile ones too yet you claim he won't do the same for us? And the reason Bolton can't fill their stadium is because they are a shitty small town club with shitty fans in the same way Blackburn, Boro, Wigan and even Reading can't fill theirs either, not because the football is shite or even because ticket prices are sky high.

Allardyce changed his way of thinking every season at Bolton fwiw, hence them improving every season. Again to suggest he won't at Newcastle is reactionary shite. Buying Anelka, which you conveniently ignore, was a bold and progressive move on Big Sam's behalf. Did you see some of their football last season?

Bolton 2-0 Liverpool

Newcastle 1-2  Bolton (they tore us to pieces in the second half)

Bolton 3-1 Arsenal

Bolton 4-0 West Ham

Bolton 3-2 Portsmouth

Arsenal 1-1 Bolton

Wigan 1-3 Bolton

Chelsea 2-2 Bolton

Impressive wins and performances that suggest they were more than a long ball team full of grafters. teams don't pick up them kind of wins or feature in those kind of high scoring games if all they can do is huff and puff.

7 GAMES MAN, 7 GAMES.

Btw I have said time and time again our football hasn't been the best and that our performances have been poor so there is no blind eye or straw clutching from me. Just realism that a new team can't turn it on from the off and most certainly not after a few games.

What are you dribbling on about, he bought flair players at Bolton and some very high profile ones too yet you claim he won't do the same for us? And the reason Bolton can't fill their stadium is because they are a shitty small town club with shitty fans in the same way Blackburn, Boro, Wigan and even Reading can't fill theirs either, not because the football is shite or even because ticket prices are sky high.

Allardyce changed his way of thinking every season at Bolton fwiw, hence them improving every season. Again to suggest he won't at Newcastle is reactionary shite. Buying Anelka, which you conveniently ignore, was a bold and progressive move on Big Sam's behalf. Did you see some of their football last season?

Bolton 2-0 Liverpool

Newcastle 1-2  Bolton (they tore us to pieces in the second half)

Bolton 3-1 Arsenal

Bolton 4-0 West Ham

Bolton 3-2 Portsmouth

Arsenal 1-1 Bolton

Wigan 1-3 Bolton

Chelsea 2-2 Bolton

Impressive wins and performances that suggest they were more than a long ball team full of grafters. teams don't pick up them kind of wins or feature in those kind of high scoring games if all they can do is huff and puff.

And only now we can how much of a linch pin SA was at Bolton same players alot of the same backroom staff a manager that had plenty of time to see how it works and to learn and improve on sam's techniques and the club are like a big pile of stinking shit from front to back at the moment Anelka with his general class being one of the only few exceptions.

Giving Sam time just like we did wore bob is the only way to see a true picture of the guys class or middle of the roadness