Do you think Sam will succeed as a NUFC manager?

ATB
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How don't we have enough quality to pass it around? There are clubs with worse players that do it.

And to answer the top question - not if he keeps making the mistakes (that I think are mistakes) he is now, which are; having Ameobi on the pitch, Alan Smith as captain, Milner on the left, Zoggy at left back, playing long balls, playing 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 against the wrong teams (my opinion), and talking crap about other managers. :p

Yes if he can continue the forward momentum that we have going. Even though I just said all of that against him, he's still doing a cracking job (my opinion) and we're still a much better team than we have been since SBR got sacked.

So, final answer - if he gets 3+ seasons, yes.

I think he would succeed, but I am doubting that he will be given time.

And then we could end up with an inferior replacement, what then ?

How inferior? We could replace him with the water cooler which would almost be on the same level of incompetence as replacing SBR with Souness...

:razz:

How inferior? We could replace him with the water cooler which would almost be on the same level of incompetence as replacing SBR with Souness...

To clarify, you think Ashley and Mort will make a trophy winning appointment every time and/or better than Allardyce - when he is eventually replaced ?

To clarify, you think Ashley and Mort will make a trophy winning appointment every time and/or better than Allardyce - when he is eventually replaced ?

Of course they won't. I don't like to watch the way Sam has us playing but as someone mentioned in another thread - it's relatively effective. I think sam will be here a while and he may well succeed. Not convinced due to the power other clubs have and the crap platform he was given when he came here - i.e a lot of mediocre player. Happy with the defence. Nidfield is a big problem and we need proper wide men as well as some pace.

Definitely.

Definitely.

Can't say definitely but I know what you mean. I don't see these two as the type to chop and change tbh

Definitely.

:lol:

I bet you say Ian Huntley isn't really all that bad, after all we have all commited a crime in our lives at some point haven't we?

have you ?

Can't see your point mind.

Yes as I am sure you have.

The point is you seem to fail to see that a bad decision can sometimes be a lot worse than another bad decision. Appointing Souness and then Roeder took us from a team just falling out of fighting from a champions league place to a team battling against relegation.

Mort and Ashley would have to make a pretty huge mistake (well a few of them) to fuck us up on that scale.

still in mourning for McKeag are we ?

Perfect gentleman wasn't he  mackems.gif

:lol:

no comment on what you consider to be more important than qualifying for europe regularly ?

mackems.gif

Unless allardyce changes his style of play and actually used a system that suits the players he has to work with then no he will not succeed at newcastle