For Those who Said last season we needed defenders

NE5

As for far too negative and boring, fuck me we are in the top 5 or were and have made one of our better starts to a season in years, all this on the back of an absolute mess left by Souness and Roeder. I really do think we have some right idiots on here with fucking muck or something between their ears blocking the brain. Incredible. :lol:

Typical shite from HTT, making out everyone's thick because they don't hang out of Allardyce's arse.

Guest Wally_McFool

Man City have bought EXACTLY the type of players that we needed, the type of players who would have made the biggest difference.

....and spent £40 million doing it.

Some of their young uns are rather good as well.......  :(

Guest Knightrider

What would people rather had happened - rebuilding the entire defence or ignoring that and buying more attacking players instead? We can't have both because we didn't have the funds and nor did we really have the time. It's all good and well saying we need more creative attacking players in the team now, which is err, obvious, but if we did do what people are advocating we should have done, we'd all be saying we need a new defence or some more defenders. Can't have it both ways. We'll get some creative and attacking players in future windows.

All he's done is swap problems about, its probably better problems than what we had before, but wasting £6m on Smith, amongst bringing players far too late and unfit has again not helped. But at least the problem have narrowed slightly, i just think he could of done a better job with what he's got so far.

Far too negative, for too boring, far too fuked up in terms of formation and leaving Martins out of the team for a has been crock on far too much money.

No he hasn't just swapped one problem for another, we actually have attackers and midfielders, we had no defence. Defence was and should be the priority. I mean when you have players like Owen, Viduka, Duff, Emre, Barton, N'Zogbia, Milner et al, there is plenty of goals in there so Sam can be forgiven for thinking he can make do with them for now. Could he have done that with the defence? Like shite he could have, he'd have been lynched had he spunked all the money on a striker or playmaker and ignored the defence. I love hindsight me btw :lol:

If you think it's hindsight then you couldn't have been around the board over the summer, people were saying all along that we lack creativity yet Allardyce decided to replace Dyer and Solano with Alan Smith, as far as creativity goes we've gone backwards on what we had last season.

We've discussed this before, but to repeat. At the time we didn't know whether Owen or Martins or both would be off, so we needed another striker just to be safe. With Emre and Barton also injured, we needed another CM type player too. So Smith makes perfect sense. Furthermore Martins will be away in Jan and we all know how Owen can't keep fit, and Viudka.

Imagine only having Ameobi to pick...

Exactly. And on a have to sell before you buy type of budget too. He did fantastically well in the transfer market and anyone who cannot see that is a complete and utter cretin.

He didn't have a sell before you buy type of budget, he didn't have a budget.  He was allowed to buy any player that he felt he needed to strengthen the team/squad.

What would people rather had happened - rebuilding the entire defence or ignoring that and buying more attacking players instead? We can't have both because we didn't have the funds and nor did we really have the time. It's all good and well saying we need more creative attacking players in the team now, which is err, obvious, but if we did do what people are advocating we should have done, we'd all be saying we need a new defence or some more defenders. Can't have it both ways. We'll get some creative and attacking players in future windows.

All he's done is swap problems about, its probably better problems than what we had before, but wasting £6m on Smith, amongst bringing players far too late and unfit has again not helped. But at least the problem have narrowed slightly, i just think he could of done a better job with what he's got so far.

Far too negative, for too boring, far too fuked up in terms of formation and leaving Martins out of the team for a has been crock on far too much money.

No he hasn't just swapped one problem for another, we actually have attackers and midfielders, we had no defence. Defence was and should be the priority. I mean when you have players like Owen, Viduka, Duff, Emre, Barton, N'Zogbia, Milner et al, there is plenty of goals in there so Sam can be forgiven for thinking he can make do with them for now. Could he have done that with the defence? Like shite he could have, he'd have been lynched had he spunked all the money on a striker or playmaker and ignored the defence. I love hindsight me btw :lol:

If you think it's hindsight then you couldn't have been around the board over the summer, people were saying all along that we lack creativity yet Allardyce decided to replace Dyer and Solano with Alan Smith, as far as creativity goes we've gone backwards on what we had last season.

We've discussed this before, but to repeat. At the time we didn't know whether Owen or Martins or both would be off, so we needed another striker just to be safe. With Emre and Barton also injured, we needed another CM type player too. So Smith makes perfect sense. Furthermore Martins will be away in Jan and we all know how Owen can't keep fit, and Viudka.

No it doesn't make perfect sense and again you continue to make excuses for what was a poor signing.

Exactly. And on a have to sell before you buy type of budget too. He did fantastically well in the transfer market and anyone who cannot see that is a complete and utter cretin.

He didn't have a sell before you buy type of budget, he didn't have a budget.  He was allowed to buy any player that he felt he needed to strengthen the team/squad.

Exactly, he chose to spend his budget on making us a workmanlike team rather than introducing any sort of creative spark.

Exactly, he chose to spend his budget on making us a workmanlike team rather than introducing any sort of creative spark.

How do we know this exactly, that he had an unlimited budget?

Guest Knightrider

No it doesn't make perfect sense and again you continue to make excuses for what was a poor signing.

Stunning, absolutely stunning.

Even with some evidence to support a makes sense case, you still can't see it.

Forget about Smith the player, I didn't want him here either nor do I rate him highly, he's average at best and shouldn't be in the first team (good squad player) but I accept that we needed such a player due to the things I've outlined above which you in your dislike of the player, just can't see.

The chairman said he didn't have budget and would go for any player he wanted within reason.

Guest Knightrider

The chairman said he didn't have budget and would go for any player he wanted within reason.

Aye, from now on. In the summer that wasn't the case though, not for a good chunk of it anyway. Btw I'm not having a dig at the board here, that was clearly the policy they thought was best and Big Sam to his credit, did a good job under those conditions in bringing in the players he did, as did the board who negotiated the deals.

Stunning, absolutely stunning.

Even with some evidence to support a makes sense case, you still can't see it.

Forget about Smith the player, I didn't want him here either nor do I rate him highly, he's average at best and shouldn't be in the first team (good squad player) but I accept that we needed such a player due to the things I've outlined above which you in your dislike of the player, just can't see.

Because if Owen was injured he'd play his 4-3-3 formation which he has done nearly everytime this season when Owen's been out, he plays Milner as an attacking wide player and could play N'Zogbia there too, the money we got for Dyer should have been spent on a pacey wide man that can play right wing in a 4-4-2 formation or right attack in a 4-3-3.

Allardyce has come out and said he has faith in Ameobi, say it's to do with him trying to keep his confidence up but if he didn't rate him he would have looked to shift him off to Boro when the chance came.

Guest Knightrider

As for far too negative and boring, fuck me we are in the top 5 or were and have made one of our better starts to a season in years, all this on the back of an absolute mess left by Souness and Roeder. I really do think we have some right idiots on here with fucking muck or something between their ears blocking the brain. Incredible. :lol:

Typical shite from HTT, making out everyone's thick because they don't hang out of Allardyce's arse.

No it's the incredulous sense of self pitty on here and the sense of negativity and anxiety that gets me, and not because some people don't rate the manager more than me or whatever.

Aye, from now on. In the summer that wasn't the case though, not for a good chunk of it anyway. Btw I'm not having a dig at the board here, that was clearly the policy they thought was best and Big Sam to his credit, did a good job under those conditions in bringing in the players he did, as did the board who negotiated the deals.

No, he said it in the summer in an interview with the Journal.

Nothing to do with from now on.

Sounds like good PR alright, I'm sure the reality was a little more complicated.

The bit of I've bolded is quite relevant really. He's basically trying to rebuild the team entirely, you can't have everything straight away. You need to build the foundations solidly, then when you bring in your creative spark you're throwing them into a good, organised side rather than a team that's completely rebuilding.

We're very poor to watch at the moment, I don't disagree with that at all, and we will need to introduce some real quality in CM. But I do believe the work we're doing at the moment will serve us well for years to come.

The key for Allardyce will be having the balls to being in some flair once he has his foundations laid.

Guest Knightrider

Is that why in Gibson's recent interview he said something about how Sam could have kept Parker but felt for the money generated, he'd be able to buy Barton who was a better player which means to me Sam wouldn't have been able to buy Barton if he didn't sell Parker. And weren't you one of those that thought the board were withholding money from the manager in the summer, or criticised them for not backing him enough? My you change your tune quickly. Or was that one of your dizzy spells were you weren't really meaning what you were saying :lol:

Guest Knightrider

The key for Allardyce will be having the balls to being in some flair once he has his foundations laid.

He can't do that, you see, he blew his chance. It had to be done the window just gone or not at all. We're doomed I tell thee, doomed.

Is that why in Gibson's recent interview he said something about how Sam could have kept Parker but felt for the money generated, he'd be able to buy Barton who was a better player which means to me Sam wouldn't have been able to buy Barton if he didn't sell Parker. And weren't you one of those that thought the board were withholding money from the manager in the summer, or criticised them for not backing him enough? My you change your tune quickly. Or was that one of your dizzy spells were you weren't really meaning what you were saying :lol:

So are you saying our chairman was lying in that interview? The fact is Allardyce has spent £25 million and not replaced either Solano or Dyer properly, this is fact.

As again you try and belittle people with a stupid smilie, this coming from someone who backed Souness and Roeder and thinks he's fucking Jose Mourinho because he's  done a learn direct football managers course.

Allardyce didn't have a budget at anytime during the summer, nothings changed on that. 

Guest Knightrider

So are you saying our chairman was lying in that interview? The fact is Allardyce has spent £25 million and not replaced either Solano or Dyer properly, this is fact.

As again you try and belittle people with a stupid smilie, this coming from someone who backed Souness and Roeder and thinks he's fucking Jose Mourinho because he's  done a learn direct football managers course.

:lol:

Touchy and ironic.

Lying? No. Just misinterpreted by you. Like I said you changed your tune. In the summer you questioned the board about withholding money back or not backing the manager with funds, now you're saying money was available all along and that the manager could have bought whoever he wanted. Of course that suits your argument so I'm not surprised.

Oh and back with the supporting Souness and Roeder myth which you now drop into all most every debate we have.

Man City have bought EXACTLY the type of players that we needed, the type of players who would have made the biggest difference.

....and spent £40 million doing it.

Some of their young uns are rather good as well.......  :(

indeed. Their new owner obviously has ambitions for the club. He might be despicable, but I don't suppose the Citeh fans will care too much about that.

Guest Knightrider
The fact is Allardyce has spent £25 million and not replaced either Solano or Dyer properly, this is fact.

Why you feel you need to stress that I don't know as no-one is arguing otherwise.

:lol:

Touchy and ironic.

Lying? No. Just misinterpreted by you. Like I said you changed your tune. In the summer you questioned the board about withholding money back or not backing the manager with funds, now you're saying money was available all along and that the manager could have bought whoever he wanted. Of course that suits your argument so I'm not surprised.

Oh and back with the supporting Souness and Roeder myth which you now drop into all most every debate we have.

I questioned that money wasn't available after comments made by Allardyce, since then he changed his tune to say money was there if he needed it, Mort also came out and said he didn't have a budget and we'd go for whoever he wanted with in reason.

You say we couldn't sign anyone creative because we had a budget yet a week ago you were claiming we were seriously interested in Deco.

So do you think Mort was lying and wasn't backing his manager?

The fact is Allardyce has spent £25 million and not replaced either Solano or Dyer properly, this is fact.

Why you feel you need to stress that I don't know as no-one is arguing otherwise.

Because it's the truth.

He failed to replace these players and we're suffering as a team because of it.

We need one top class playmaker, no doubt.

The positive for me is that we're laying good foundations. This season the defence should develop into a unit and get an understanding of each other, attack minded players work more on instinct so they'll gel easier.

By next summer I think we'll be one top class playmaker and one very good striker away from being able to be a very formidable team.

The real test will be whether Allardyce gets the right players and is willing to sacrifice a bit of functionality for some real flair.

I agree, but another real test is will they allow him to buy them, a couple of these "trophy players" are needed I would say.

Allardyce has been allowed to buy the players he wants and has been backed, he might have been backed with even more if the last clown hadn't run up the debts which have cost something like £75 million to be dished out with nothing to show for it.

complete rubbish.

In the meantime I am pleased you appear to think that buying Martins last season, who's goals kept us up, was the actions of a clown. Unlike the board who sold our best players for 30 years and couldn't even sell the club for 2m quid in 1991 and were completely bankrupt, that didn't embarrass you in the slightest for spending years in the lower divisions suffering ritual humiliation at dozens of clubs who compete at the level of Hartlepool.

Lets hope the new regime gets a few Champions League appearances to match the old one, in return for backing their manager to the extent you claim.