James Milner

Guest Pie

Utter s****. Contribtion today? Nil. third goal indirectly as a result of his lack of pace. Slows play down amd plays a s**** ball when there are acres to go at. we're under pressure. Free kick ensues in build from that...Get rid from first team. Nice lad, hard working. s****.

Not like you to single Milner out at every opportunity. Don't know why it needed a new thread really, as you give everyone your opinion on Milner whenever he is mentioned in a thread.  Why not just put it in your signature??

What did he contribute today?

I'm not saying he contributed or had a goog game.  If you read what I've actually said, my point is that you are singling him out .  So if you aren't, what did the rest of the midfield contribute today?

4-3-3? Midfield? Isnt he meant be attacking?

Ok, well don't answer the question

I'll slow down the thought process for you. Was he meant to be attacking? Defending? Or neither as he did today?

Just answer the question about the rest of the midfield and I'll be happy, instead of diverting every question in this thread so far with another question of your own! FFS

The rest of the midfield were poor too, however long term people are hoping N'Zogbia will be back on the left and Barton through the middle.

That still leaves us with the problem of the right hand side of midfield where Milner is likely to be unchallenged as first choice winger, I personally think he's an average player who gives his all but that isn't enough if we want to improve, I've been going on for ages about the need for pace and penetration in the team and it was missing again today, City on the other hand showed what the benefits of a quick winger are with Petrov bombing down the wing for them.

I agree 100% with that Baggio.  I think the key will be who steps down when Barton is fit.  Shame Pie can't see past it all being Milners fault every time we are poor at the minute.

Can't recall saying that. Will happily own up to implying we don't need passengers. At the minute the kid does nowt. In a 4-4-2 he os mediocre. The fact that Obafeni fits in better sort of sums it up. Hope Milner nevers needs to see Gemmill for a reference.

Utter s****. Contribtion today? Nil. third goal indirectly as a result of his lack of pace. Slows play down amd plays a s**** ball when there are acres to go at. we're under pressure. Free kick ensues in build from that...Get rid from first team. Nice lad, hard working. s****.

Not like you to single Milner out at every opportunity. Don't know why it needed a new thread really, as you give everyone your opinion on Milner whenever he is mentioned in a thread.  Why not just put it in your signature??

I'm not saying he contributed or had a goog game.  If you read what I've actually said, my point is that you are singling him out .  So if you aren't, what did the rest of the midfield contribute today?

I'll slow down the thought process for you. Was he meant to be attacking? Defending? Or neither as he did today?

Just answer the question about the rest of the midfield and I'll be happy, instead of diverting every question in this thread so far with another question of your own! FFS

The rest of the midfield were poor too, however long term people are hoping N'Zogbia will be back on the left and Barton through the middle.

That still leaves us with the problem of the right hand side of midfield where Milner is likely to be unchallenged as first choice winger, I personally think he's an average player who gives his all but that isn't enough if we want to improve, I've been going on for ages about the need for pace and penetration in the team and it was missing again today, City on the other hand showed what the benefits of a quick winger are with Petrov bombing down the wing for them.

I agree 100% with that Baggio.  I think the key will be who steps down when Barton is fit.  Shame Pie can't see past it all being Milners fault every time we are poor at the minute.

Can't recall saying that. Will happily own up to implying we don't need passengers. At the minute the kid does nowt. In a 4-4-2 he os mediocre. The fact that Obafeni fits in better sort of sums it up. Hope Milner nevers needs to see Gemmill for a reference.

Every time we have been poor, you have singled out Milner.  See you post history if you don't believe me.  Oh and you still haven't answered the question about the whole midfield today, but I tell you what, I'm bored with asking it, so don't bother

Every time we have been poor, you have singled out Milner.  See you post history if you don't believe me.  Oh and you still haven't answered the question about the whole midfield today, but I tell you what, I'm bored with asking it, so don't bother

I did.. Just find the humour in it amusing, 4-3-3. Does Sam play that system? I assume Viduka is in 'midfield' too? Hence use of 'xxx' when describing James as a winger. Something he clearly isn't. That would be harsh on professional footballers like Petrov (scored 1, made 1).

Utter shite. Contribtion today? Nil. third goal indirectly as a result of his lack of pace. Slows play down amd plays a shite ball when there are acres to go at. we're under pressure. Free kick ensues in build from that...Get rid from first team. Nice lad, hard working. Shite.

Harsh, but rings true I'm afraid. Milner's got a good right foot, but his lack of pace allowed City to regroup too easily when he was in a psition to hit them on the break. He also has a bit of Ameobi's lack of ambition and self-belief and I'm starting to think he's playing at a level above his ability.

Really should have given Milner a game through the middle in the 4-3-3 by now, as with his pace limitations he can't play wide in that system with any positive effect.

Through the middle he could be useful though and would give us some penetration from the middle and get some players with proper pace down the wings.

---------------- Given

Beye -- Taylor -- Rozenhal -- Enrique

------ Milner -- Geremi -- Smith

Martins ---------------------------- N'Zogbia

----------------- Viduka

I'd like to see that against Everton next week.

;D

Milner is a winger.

---------------- Given

Beye -- Taylor -- Rozenhal -- Enrique

Milner -- Barton -- Geremi -- N'Zogbia

----------- Viduka -- Martins

Yes but he's not a very good winger and horribly disrupts the balance of the team when played wide in 4-3-3, which is the system our manager prefers.

But in that formation not only is Milner out of position, but Viduka can't play well by himself upfront, he prefers a 4-4-2, so does Martins, so you have a number of players playing in a position they aren't totally comfortable with.

One of the most overrated players i've seen. No matter how bad he plays someone will say "at least he's trying to create something" it's his fucking job to create things, if a striker misses chances every game you don't say "at least he's trying to score". He's done fuck all this season.

Bring back Robert.  :'(

I must admit that he wasnt up to his best yesterday and I was disappointed by him.But I dont want to judge him or anybody else just by looking at his performance in one match.I think he has the potential to be a bright player in the future,he has shown us what he can do before and I still believe that he should be given a future here.The problem with me is that now,if we play both Milner and N'Zogbia together on the left and the right wing,I dont feel very comfortable.Both of them are still young and for me,I like to have at least one experienced winger on one of the side,and until Duff is back,there is going to be some problem.

well.. i like milner, but its true. he is not good enough and if not replaced we should get a new player at his position. i for once believe that milner would be a great squad player. works very hard and will always try to do his best (although sometimes thats not so great).

milner is still improving (although someone here believe he doesn't) he is getting better at beating his man and in general he is still improving his game! i am not saying that he is the worst player, or the best for that matter. but i believe he does a good job and doesn't deserve a lot of criticism he is getting! i for once were hoping this year that solano would train with him and teach him some magic. didn't happen! but i think in January something will happen. just think about how surprised we were of him last year? if he does one more of those giant skips of improving he would be a very good player for us...