Martins (again)

Guest Knightrider

Guest Hodgson09

He was the only player who bothered to turn up. Poor control? Did you see his goal I dare say that was perfect control. He is only young and will improve he seems to have a lot in his locker yes his first touch can be poor at times, but the passes coming into him are crap tbf. We need a midfield who can drop the ball on a penny, Martins playing for Arsenal for example would be frightening.

Our midfield never seems to open up the defense with that killer pass, or movement. Thought we really missed Cacapa as well. Fair do's to city they did what we should be able to do, and maybe we will when we have Barton, and Emre fit. Smith is crap in midfield, as is Butt. Our captain doesn't inspire me either.

He was our best player yesterday. Frustrating at times but it was a superb goal out of nothing and he did a lot of pressing for the team, hurrying defenders into playing the ball early. If a few more had shown his desire and belief, we might have seen a different game.

He wasn't great but he was the best of a poor bunch.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

He's certainly been a better player for us than Owen has

Wrong in so many ways

More available yes better value probably but a better player not even close

What?!

Oba has done far more for this football club than Owen.

Thought he was excellent yesterday. Viduka had a lot to do with this too. I noticed he was continuously communicating with Oba. He directed Oba at times and he also made himself available to receive the ball from Oba a lot which made our play between the front three really tidy and neat at times.

The partnership between them could really blossom I think. Playing alongside Viduka regularly would make him twice the player he is. It really is a shame Owen will continuously interfere with this by being in and out of the team.

I noticed the red robot man Gemmill stayed away all weekend after claiming Oba was thick and had no movement, touch or finishing ability. Martins managed to show all three of those attributes in one move, against a very talented defender in Richards who can actually match him for speed, power and athletic ability.

I'm looking forward to Martins continuing to prove people wrong. Now if he could just get a good run of games ...

Thought he was excellent yesterday. Viduka had a lot to do with this too. I noticed he was continuously communicating with Oba. He directed Oba at times and he also made himself available to receive the ball from Oba a lot which made our play between the front three really tidy and neat at times.

The partnership between them could really blossom I think. Playing alongside Viduka regularly would make him twice the player he is. It really is a shame Owen will continuously interfere with this by being in and out of the team.

I noticed the red robot man Gemmill stayed away all weekend after claiming Oba was thick and had no movement, touch or finishing ability. Martins managed to show all three of those attributes in one move, against a very talented defender in Richards who can actually match him for speed, power and athletic ability.

I'm looking forward to Martins continuing to prove people wrong. Now if he could just get a good run of games ...

He will be back next time Martins doesn't have a good game  :razz: