Etienne Capoue, Loic Remy & The Academy

Thespence

The Sunday Sun has us linked with these two players, anyone know anything about them apart from FM stats. These players are meant to be at the fore front of our global search for young talent.

Elsewhere in the same paper Sam says: It will take 10 years to get our Academy to match Arsenals. The Academy will recruit from the British Isles & then out from there.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

The Sunday has us linked with these two players, anyone know anything about them apart from FM stats.

I feel disgusted when people base their opinions of players from games.

The Sunday has us linked with these two players, anyone know anything about them apart from FM stats.

Apart from the constant FM bashing here, have you read anything anywhere here in NO where people base their opinions on players on FM?

Perhaps you should feel disgusted with yourself for being disgusted with something that does not or hardly exist in the forum.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Apart from the constant FM bashing here, have you read anything anywhere here in NO where people base their opinions on players on FM?

Perhaps you should feel disgusted with yourself for being disgusted with something that does not or hardly exist in the forum.

Did I say it solely occurred on this forum? Did I say it disgusts me when people do it on the forum?

I've seen you quote player stats before, there are others here too and I know people outside the forum who do it. Very irritating indeed.

I can only think of Justin Hoyte and Ashley Cole who've come from Arsenal's academy in the last 5,6,10 years, everyone else has been bought. Surely a scouting network doesnt take 10 years to set up.

City would be a better example to follow.

Apologies here if your disgusts are not directed to the people here. Just that you quoted a sentence aimed at the people here.

Tell me what player stats have I quoted before? What's wrong with that and how's that irritating?

I have to admit I always have a look at a player if I have the game on & a name pops up I have never herd of, as it easier to find a player on there compared to Google. I don't base my opinion on that but it gives me grounding & I can see which clubs they have played for, height & few other bits & bobs. All the stats are made up from fans opinions which is excalty the same thing I was asking for here fans opinions.  Of course they can be wrong but I have found it to be as helpful if not more than the football bible  Rothmans/SkySports year book at times.

Fair comment.

I have no objection on people referring to FM for players information, but it is a lot more annoying that, given how bad image FM have in this forum here due to the stupid vociferous minority here, the forum police here attacking a poster for FM quoting while having no evidence.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Apologies here if your disgusts are not directed to the people here. Just that you quoted a sentence aimed at the people here.

Tell me what player stats have I quoted before? What's wrong with that and how's that irritating?

I've seen you do it, or maybe it was someone else with the same picture, but I'm fairly sure it was you.

I don't have to answer to you, it irritates me. Good day.

No you don't have to answer of course. This is a free forum and I have no power to force you to do anything.

Just a shame you have no guilt attacking someone at will on the internet without evidence.

Don't worry I am sure he will cry himself to sleep tonight when the guilt kicks in :lol:

I have no objection on people referring to FM for players information, but it is a lot more annoying that, given how bad image FM have in this forum here due to the stupid vociferous minority here, the forum police here attacking a poster for FM quoting while having no evidence.

You shouldn't care what these people think. If they would rather sling mud at your cyber iamge rather than discuss the topic of the thread you are posting in you have won the debate in my eyes.

I've seen you do it, or maybe it was someone else with the same picture, but I'm fairly sure it was you.

I don't have to answer to you, it irritates me. Good day.

No you don't, but if you can't be bothered to explain yourself then that basically makes your comments completely pointless.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

What I find annoying about it, is the fact that some people base opinions and state how good players are based on some programmers interpretation.

Many of the people who make these games clearly do not have a clue about some players and what irritates me is the way that instead of looking into a player's ability by asking real supporters or people who have consistently seen these players play they just quote stats from a video game.

Guest Synthespian

FM may be a complete commercial success and morality nightmare (I've just posted in that thread on my very informed :cheesy: disgust), but the one thing that is impressive about that game's setup is the money they spend on scouting.

They do a great job in that department, and whilst it's not brilliant, when they get it right, they really do get it right.

But as for those two ... no idea.

Reckon Mike Ashley follows the 11 Geordies on the pitch rule?

i've heard of remy but not the other fellow.  if we can get them for a decent price then why not bring in young talent with lots of potential. we've got the foundation of experienced squad players now lets build toward the future

Guest optimistic nit

which is ironic because if i based all my football opinions entirely on football manager they would still be more valid and correct than anything i've ever read from you.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

which is ironic because if i based all my football opinions entirely on football manager they would still be more valid and correct than anything i've ever read from you.

Yes of course, everything I say is both invalid and incorrect.

O0

Speaking of young french players, i've been impressed with David N'Gog from PSG. One to watch definitely and seems to thrive under Le Guen's system supporting Pauletta. Sccored a couple of good goals against L'Orient in the cup last week.