We were close to signing Elano...

Guest hindu times

He saw Elano as a forward then. In which case we have the personnel.

I reckon its more likely the Journal saw him playing in a more forward role against us and decided he is a forward when making up their story.

Guest Synthespian

I reckon its more likely the Journal saw him playing in a more forward role against us and decided he is a forward when making up their story.

ha-ha-ha-ha.

SOLD! :D

He saw Elano as a forward not a midfielder BUT saw Smith as a midfielder not a forward :lol:

in the Journal it said words to the effect that sam dediced not to go for Elano as he already had a "wealth of riches upfront".  :weep:

THAT I find extremely worrying

Even more worrying is the new board, if there is a grain of truth to this story, let one slip through the cracks thanks to their over-conservative approach for much of the transfer window. Wouldn't suprise me in the slightest though as i think, and my recollection might be wide of the mark here, we only completed the Barton deal after the incoming funds from the outgoing transfer involving Parker were confirmed. A pattern did emerge over the course of the window.

Hopefully they've, and i refer to Mort, learnt a valuable lesson abeit a costly one re:transfer window strategy................... "buy before you sell".

Transfer A relying on the outcome Transfer B only serves the purpose of allowing another club to steal somebody's thunder/getting a successful & late crack at a player ie. Elano.

Guest BigSamsBarmyArmy

in the Journal it said words to the effect that sam dediced not to go for Elano as he already had a "wealth of riches upfront".  :weep:

THAT I find extremely worrying

There's at least £20M of talent up front.