1969 Fairs Cup Final

NE5

Presumably it's full coverage of the home leg and highlights of the away leg. I think that's all that exists on film.

it seems like its just the 2nd leg, highlights. At the time, the full first leg was live, and the highlights of the 2nd leg were shown later. I had to listen to the 2nd leg on the radio, there was no other way of knowing what was happening.

Presumably it's full coverage of the home leg and highlights of the away leg. I think that's all that exists on film.

it seems like its just the 2nd leg, highlights. At the time, the full first leg was live, and the highlights of the 2nd leg were shown later. I had to listen to the 2nd leg on the radio, there was no other way of knowing what was happening.

Aye, on the version I saw the 2nd leg footage was taken straight off the Beeb's highlights show. We watched it last Good Friday at me uncle's with all the family. Well, the blokes anyway. Great stuff. At least you've seen us win something, eh? ;)

Aye, on the version I saw the 2nd leg footage was taken straight off the Beeb's highlights show. We watched it last Good Friday at me uncle's with all the family. Well, the blokes anyway. Great stuff. At least you've seen us win something, eh? ;)

you could say that, although I only saw the 1st leg. Couldn't go to Budapest as I was only 14 ........

>:(

on ESPN channel 442 tonight

Sounds good. What time mate? :)

7.45 I think

have you got that book yet ??????????????

EDIT

ITS AT 6.45

Cheers - Sky+'d.  :thup:

No still not got the book yet!  :lol: I've been throng on at work and I've really pushed it to the bottom of the pile tbh. I WILL get a copy of it eventually though - come hell or high water.  ;D

Cheers for the head's up.

Guest KeithKettleborough

6.15 am this morning, 7 pm Sunday, 1.55am Monday, 8.30 am Tuesday, 6.45pm Tuesday, and probably a few more times but my planner won't go any further.

All on ESPN and also highlights from some other games showing over the next week or so

7.45 I think

EDIT

ITS AT 6.45

What book you on about btw?

7.45 I think

EDIT

ITS AT 6.45

What book you on about btw?

old book that I have about Brian Clough and Peter Taylor. Brilliant book, best football book I've ever read.

I've heard about that one before. Might check it out. Cheers.

which one  :coolsmiley:

Actually, I'm thinking of the one I saw in The Back Page - The Damned United re: his short time at Leeds. I do remember reading a Clough biog on my hols after my Dad had read it. That was years ago but very probably not the same one. I'm not massively into sports biogs / books in general as loads of them are shit. I've read the odd gem though. Anyway, enlighten me, oh wise one ;)

Actually, I'm thinking of the one I saw in The Back Page - The Damned United re: his short time at Leeds. I do remember reading a Clough biog on my hols after my Dad had read it. That was years ago but very probably not the same one. I'm not massively into sports biogs / books in general as loads of them are shit. I've read the odd gem though. Anyway, enlighten me, oh wise one ;)

Flattery will get you everywhere. Most of the time  :lol:

Nah, not fair on midds, there aren't many copies around and he's looking for it, and I'm looking on ebay for it for him, so I'll let him tell you if he wants to

Sorry Alex. Will "the life and times of Graeme Souness" do instead ;D

Nah, not fair on midds, there aren't many copies around and he's looking for it, and I'm looking on ebay for it for him, so I'll let him tell you if he wants to

No worries mate, fair do's. Midds would probably lend it to me when he's finished anyway as I would to him.

No worries mate, fair do's. Midds would probably lend it to me when he's finished anyway as I would to him.

ah, drinking buddies  :coolsmiley:

ah, drinking buddies  :coolsmiley:

Aye, you should come along sometime. Genuine offer by the way. I think I owe you pint just for the banter we've had tbh.