A CB in CM alongside Barton

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

this thread seems to be along the lines of those from yonks back suggesting putting shearer at centre half.

btw i think Shearer would of made a great centerhalf

i know he wouldn't have

I dunno, that tackle on Sol Campbell was a beauty.

Guest prestonj1989

I would say Faye as he has experience playing there with bolton.

butt has experience playing there with man utd.means nowt

Of course it means something becasue Butt has been on most occasions excellent for us when he has been in the team. So experience must be worth something!

Of course it means something becasue Butt has been on most occasions excellent for us when he has been in the team. So experience must be worth something!

so if butt has been on most occasions excellent for us why put a centre half in for him ?

this thread seems to be along the lines of those from yonks back suggesting putting shearer at centre half.

i know he wouldn't have

i watched him too many times lunging and doing forwards tackles and he couldn't mark someone,far too physical in the way that forwards get away with more than defenders

i know he wouldn't have

i watched him too many times lunging and doing forwards tackles and he couldn't mark someone,far too physical in the way that forwards get away with more than defenders

He was our best defender in our own box at corners. Always off Shearer's head and away.

PS: The Sol tackle was a red card imo.  :laugh:

Guest prestonj1989

so if butt has been on most occasions excellent for us why put a centre half in for him ?

For the sake of the thread if i had to pick one of the defenders i would have Faye. I would play Butt with Barton if we had other midfielders out like Geremi and Emre.

For the sake of the thread if i had to pick one of the defenders i would have Faye. I would play Butt with Barton if we had other midfielders out like Geremi and Emre.

i'd have butt and barton even if geremi and emre were fit

Guest prestonj1989

I would rather have Barton and Emre at home and then play Butt and Barton in away matches to help out the defence.

I would rather have Barton and Emre at home and then play Butt and Barton in away matches to help out the defence.

but it's not just about a central 2 as they'll look better with the right 2 outside them making the right runs etc,the right ful backs doing similar and finding space,the right forwards etc

well against sunderland away he must play our 2 wingers. its not a matter of home or away its a matter of who your playing like

milner  barton  geremi  zoggy

duka owen

if winning 30 to go swap butt with geremi

losing oba with owen and emre for geremi

We need a good balance in CM and right now we do not have that and I do not see a decent combination from the CM players we have.

We have four in Barton,Emre,Geremi and Butt from those four I would say Barton is a must but then Emre could not play, even at home those two in the middle would be a massive risk, you could only really use that in a 15 min to go need a goal type situation.

Barton and Butt is okay when Butt is on form and that only seems to be in home games, Geremi although he is Captain he is way off the early pre-season form we seen from him and needs a spell on the bench for me. So what does that leave us with then, Barton on his own in a midfield three maybe of Barton-Butt-Emre, at home maybe.

So it does make me wonder if we could use a CB in there, Faye has played more games in CM than Roze but for me Roze is a much better footballer.

Its why the Shearer at CB thing came about, purely because all the CB parings we had at that time were utter shit.