Second Half Displays

SUPERTOON

This is another problem as we have dropped more points and conceaded more goals due to our second half displays we have let in around 9 of our 12 goals in the second half

I'd guess that Sam tries to change things around at half time in terms of pushing on etc.

Off the top of my head we were leading against Bolton, Everton, Spurs, West Ham drawing against Wigan, City, Derby, Villa, Reading and Boro losing against no one.

Against Everton and Bolton we conceded very early in the second half - even West Ham and Spurs were fairly early, possibly Sam had instructed the boys to 'keep it tight'? Perhaps going for killer early goal would be better?

I also think its just as telling that, Wigan aside, we haven't turned a half time stalemate into 3 points yet, however it is pleasing that each half time lead has ended in 3 points

Agree, we have always started the 2nd half poorly under Sam, no idea why this is, his HT talk cannot be that bad surly..

It needs looking at though as this is not just an away game problem but we do it at home too.

Agree, we have always started the 2nd half poorly under Sam, no idea why this is, his HT talk cannot be that bad surly..

It needs looking at though as this is not just an away game problem but we do it at home too.

Maybe its rose coloured misted glasses, but I'm sure that under Keegan we typically finished the first half strongly and started the second with gusto, for knacking up a managers plan the 10 minutes before and after half time are the ideal times to batter a team (imo of course)

...And this after all the talk about 'Emu Oil' and 'players being brought up the the fitness standard I require'....!

If the players were as fit as Allardyce says he wanted them to be, the second-half performances SHOULD - repeat SHOULD - be what gives them an edge over opponents ; as it is, we were definitely second best in all aspects of the second half at Reading, Derby AND Arsenal...

Something doesn't add up here - the season is already more than 2 months old, so new fitness regimes should be showing fruit by now...

...And this after all the talk about 'Emu Oil' and 'players being brought up the the fitness standard I require'....!

If the players were as fit as Allardyce says he wanted them to be, the second-half performances SHOULD - repeat SHOULD - be what gives them an edge over opponents ; as it is, we were definitely second best in all aspects of the second half at Reading, Derby AND Arsenal...

Something doesn't add up here - the season is already more than 2 months old, so new fitness regimes should be showing fruit by now...

It still makes me smile when Big Sam talks about fitness regimes.

Bit like a bald bloke cutting hair

I nearly started a thread about this last night, but couldn't find any statistics on his time at Bolton. We do seem to be worse off after the half-time break, generally. I was wondering if Bolton supporters had ever thought to compile a league table of First Half and Second Half "results".