Given out for three weeks, Harper in then

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Geordiesned

Don't think Harper could have done much about any of the goals.

What he can do is HURRY THE FUCK UP when we need a goal or three. Infuriating at times.

He could have at least made an effort to save the 2nd goal! That's the 2nd time this season he's pulled his arms back and not even bothered. Looking at the replays at half time their 2nd was certainly saveable.

What he can do is HURRY THE FUCK UP when we need a goal or three. Infuriating at times.

He could have at least made an effort to save the 2nd goal! That's the 2nd time this season he's pulled his arms back and not even bothered. Looking at the replays at half time their 2nd was certainly saveable.

Not seen any replays yet, and it was down the other end from me.

Couldn't believe it tbh, thought Cacapa had him in his pocket then all of a sudden it was in.

I honestly believe Given would have gotten a hand to the 2nd and made the 3rd a lot more difficult for Utaka. Going in 1-2 at half time is totally different than 1-3. Harper always concedes goals. It isn't a coincidence.

He's just very very ordinary. Not poor, just absolutely average (at his best).

What he can do is HURRY THE f*** UP when we need a goal or three. Infuriating at times.

:kasper:

We need Stretch Armstrong.

I thought the 4th was pretty bad.  The deflection didn't do that much to take it off its course.  I know they were all good efforts, but it seems like such a cop-out to suggest that a goalkeeper couldn't even get a hand on one of four goals.

I honestly believe Given would have gotten a hand to the 2nd and made the 3rd a lot more difficult for Utaka. Going in 1-2 at half time is totally different than 1-3. Harper always concedes goals. It isn't a coincidence.

He's just very very ordinary. Not poor, just absolutely average (at his best).

I agree with all this. Harper had a good start to the season but he can't be expected to keep that form going throughout the season, unless you think he's a top goalkeeper. We saw last season that he drops quite a few clangers and is far less dependable than Given.