Not sure why people are in shock. (We must stick with SA).

Parky

Funny how things change, I was one of the few banging on about how he hadn't replaced Dyer and Solano properly yet was shot down by plenty on here.

You also said Faye and Cacapa were our best central defenders  :razz:

They are.

Funny how things change, I was one of the few banging on about how he hadn't replaced Dyer and Solano properly yet was shot down by plenty on here.

You have said that he bought Smith to replace Dyer, if I'm not mistaken. I think - or hope - this isn't the case, as Smith is not a midfield player.

I think he has been brought primarily to replace Ameobi in the long run.

The worrying thing is that it would appear the club said that after buying Smith, there was no money to replace Solano and Dyer.

We will never challenge the top 4 clubs with such a mentality.

However, as i said, if this was Allardyces decision, then I would be worried by his poor judgement.

He did sign Smith as a replacement for Dyer, he said so himself on Setanta after one of our friendly games yet anyone who knows anything about football will tell you Dyer will offer more over the course of a season than Smith . How many goals did Dyer score last season? 7? I'll be shocked if Smith scores that many for us over the length of his career.

When did the club say there was no money to replace them? As I said Allardyce said himself that Smith was replacing Dyer, he also said he signed Beye because Solano was leaving so he must of viewed Nobby as a right back.

slightly patronising. Should have signed for Spurs then shouldn't he, as anyone who knows anything about football will tell you its all about the "plan" and not the players and manager.

You can spout championship manager stats if you like, but Smith will give you a lot more than Dyer does, especially in away games.

Dyer is a little shite who has wasted his career and a talent he was given through having a shocking attitude. He won't change.

They are.

I was just being daft as they both had shockers yesterday.

They are.

Anyone who knows anything about football will tell you that Taylor wouldn't have been brushed off the ball like Cacapa yesterday.........

You have said that he bought Smith to replace Dyer, if I'm not mistaken. I think - or hope - this isn't the case, as Smith is not a midfield player.

The worrying thing is that it would appear the club said that after buying Smith, there was no money to replace Solano and Dyer.

However, as i said, if this was Allardyces decision, then I would be worried by his poor judgement.

Maybe none of the players he wanted were available.

I can accept that.

However, when we brought in those last minute players last year ie Sibierski and Rossi, I disagreed with people who labelled them "panic signings". I think the same thing was necessary, these things happen in football. A couple of short term signings and/or a loan signing should have been made while he waited, thats what football is about, building and improving. You can always get better players when they become available, and moving the replaced players on.

Setting standards is one thing, but just one player with pace to play wide right, was an absolute necessity. Far better than nobody, or someone out of position, which is what he's been doing.

Think he expected more from Milner and Geremi.

Both solid, but both not good enough unfortunately.

He did sign Smith as a replacement for Dyer, he said so himself on Setanta after one of our friendly games yet anyone who knows anything about football will tell you Dyer will offer more over the course of a season than Smith . How many goals did Dyer score last season? 7? I'll be shocked if Smith scores that many for us over the length of his career.

When did the club say there was no money to replace them? As I said Allardyce said himself that Smith was replacing Dyer, he also said he signed Beye because Solano was leaving so he must of viewed Nobby as a right back.

slightly patronising. Should have signed for Spurs then shouldn't he, as anyone who knows anything about football will tell you its all about the "plan" and not the players and manager.

You can spout championship manager stats if you like, but Smith will give you a lot more than Dyer does, especially in away games.

Dyer is a little shite who has wasted his career and a talent he was given through having a shocking attitude. He won't change.

Oh dear, NE5's having a sulk because the manager he wanted signed the player he wanted and they've both turned out shit.

Dyer is a far better player than Smith, I said that at the time and I stand by that now.

They are.

Anyone who knows anything about football will tell you that Taylor wouldn't have been brushed off the ball like Cacapa yesterday.........

And anyone who's watched us this season will tell you that Cacapa has been our best centre back this season, typical of the hindsight brigade trying to re write history though, Taylor got brushed off the ball by Ashley fucking Young against Villa up here that nearly cost us a goal, people with short memories forget things like this and try and have you believe he's the future England captain when the truth is he's average and rightly 4th choice.

Oh dear, NE5's having a sulk because the manager he wanted signed the player he wanted and they've both turned out shit.

Dyer is a far better player than Smith, I said that at the time and I stand by that now.

whatsmatter Baggio, you having a sulk because you're one of the few people who still think Dyer is worthwhile and the club sold him on ?

I'm not sulking. I'm glad to see the back of Dyer, I would rather have Smith anyday, and I stick by it, but I look at away games performances as well as home games.

In all honesty, i prefer Roz over Cacapa.

Rozenhal ability on the ball is top class for a centre back he doesn't read the game as well as Cacapa though, I've also found him to go into challenges half hearted.

Looking back with hindsight I'd have started him over Cacapa yesterday because of his pace, I still think Cacapa is the better of the two and we really need to select the pair that is suitable for the opposition we're playing.

I'd prefer to see Rozenhal in midfield instead of Butt fwiw.

They are.

And anyone who's watched us this season will tell you that Cacapa has been our best centre back this season, typical of the hindsight brigade trying to re write history though, Taylor got brushed off the ball by Ashley fucking Young against Villa up here that nearly cost us a goal, people with short memories forget things like this and try and have you believe he's the future England captain when the truth is he's average and rightly 4th choice.

Oh dear, I've watched NUFC this season Baggio, and many more seasons than you too.

No hindsight at all. Nobody is saying that Cacapa or Taylor are either poor or perfect, look back and see.

The one thing I HAVE said though, and I said it all last season, is that this DOF bollocks you spouted on about at Spurs wasn't a sure fire winner like you said it was.

whatsmatter Baggio, you having a sulk because you're one of the few people who still think Dyer is worthwhile and the club sold him on ?

I'm not sulking. I'm glad to see the back of Dyer, I would rather have Smith anyday, and I stick by it, but I look at away games performances as well as home games.

Because Smith has been great for us away from home? He's a fucking joke of a footballer, he offers us nothing except hard work and he gets stuck in, £6 million down the drain.

A player like Dyer would add much needed pace to the side, he had the ability to get in behind defenders and stretch games which is what we're desperate for, instead we've got Smith who's just dreadful.

Because Smith has been great for us away from home? He's a fucking joke of a footballer, he offers us nothing except hard work and he gets stuck in, £6 million down the drain.

A player like Dyer would add much needed pace to the side, he had the ability to get in behind defenders and stretch games which is what we're desperate for, instead we've got Smith who's just dreadful.

if Dyer had indeed performed like you say, he'd still be here. Talk about rose tinted specs or what

They are.

Oh dear, I've watched NUFC this season Baggio, and many more seasons than you too.

No hindsight at all. Nobody is saying that Cacapa or Taylor are either poor or perfect, look back and see.

The one thing I HAVE said though, and I said it all last season, is that this DOF bollocks you spouted on about at Spurs wasn't a sure fire winner like you said it was.

What has a DOF got to do with this thread? About as much as the board you keep waffling on about in threads that have nothing to do with that subject.

Cacapa is a better defender than Taylor, as is Faye and Rozenhal, the lad is just your typical over hyped English youngster who seems to have got better in peoples opinions because he hasn't been playing, absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.

if Dyer had indeed performed like you say, he'd still be here. Talk about rose tinted specs or what

Dyer wanted to leave because embarrassing element of our support decided to boo the bloke whenever he touched the ball, that's like me saying if Bellamy was as good as you thought he wouldn't be playing for West Ham too, we both know in the real world it doesn't work like that.

Alan Smith has been shit for years, he was the local hero at Leeds yet it was Viduka who was keeping the afloat, he went to Man Utd and was played in midfield because he was a shit striker and now he's here and is just shit in every position he played.

£6 million down the drain.

They are.

What has a DOF got to do with this thread? About as much as the board you keep waffling on about in threads that have nothing to do with that subject.

Cacapa is a better defender than Taylor, as is Faye and Rozenhal, the lad is just your typical over hyped English youngster who seems to have got better in peoples opinions because he hasn't been playing, absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.

Strange, but I think this hero worship of foreigners and underplaying of good home grown players is typical biased and poor judgement.

Absence certainly makes the heart grow fonder in the case of you and Kieron Dyer, it would seem

They are.

Strange, but I think this hero worship of foreigners and underplaying of good home grown players is typical biased and poor judgement.

Absence certainly makes the heart grow fonder in the case of you and Kieron Dyer, it would seem

I'd rather play our best players than play inferior players because they came through our youth system.

As for Dyer, I said it at the time and I'll happily dig the posts up if you want me too.

They are.

I'd rather play our best players than play inferior players because they came through our youth system.

As for Dyer, I said it at the time and I'll happily dig the posts up if you want me too.

No need to dig anything. FWIW, I defended Dyer too myself once on account of the fact he had pace and some good ability, but realised eventually that he was nothing but a waste of space on account of his injury problems and moreso his character and lack of desire to succeed.

So we are now better off without him. Allardyce may consider Smith to be a replacement because he's spent the money on Smith, but I think this is a serious indication of either Allardyce showing poor judgement, or the club not showing real ambition to challenge the top clubs, because a club that wanted to do that would have bought smith outright, and saw the need to buy another midfield player as well after losing 2 more midfield players.

I've said THIS before, and I'll say it again. With this mentality, we will never match or catch the top 4 clubs. 

They are.

I don't care where they come from. I think Taylor should be playing at centre back.

Rozenhal ability on the ball is top class for a centre back he doesn't read the game as well as Cacapa though, I've also found him to go into challenges half hearted.

Looking back with hindsight I'd have started him over Cacapa yesterday because of his pace, I still think Cacapa is the better of the two and we really need to select the pair that is suitable for the opposition we're playing.

I'd rather we didn't have to play either of them as the DM.

I'd rather we didn't have to play either of them as the DM.

Well unfortunately the transfer window has closed so we haven't got much choice at the present time.

Who would you like to see us sign to play there?