Rate Sam + Signings

toptoon

Cacapa 7- Our best defender so far, no surprise the kneejerkers are on his back after one bad game.

Such as?

Not sure people should be getting on his back but he did have a stinker tbh. Wouldnt play him on Saturday. It would be managerial suicide if Sam does and he has another stinker.

Cacapa 7- Our best defender so far, no surprise the kneejerkers are on his back after one bad game.

Such as?

The twats booing him off the pitch when he was subbed?

Or the people on here talking about how Taylor should have played instead even though he's been poor all season.

What a shock, Pie talking about Milner in a thread not about Milner :lol:

In regards to Enrique he is so one footed it doesn't give him many options when playing the ball, especially when we are so static. Still its nice to have a left back who isn't a complete pile of shite :)

Such as?

Or the people on here talking about how Taylor should have played instead even though he's been poor all season.

I didn't hear any booing tbh. Everyone around me was just stunned. :lol:

Saying Taylor should have played is just using hindsight in it's most traditional fashion; I don't see how that is getting on Cacapa's back.

Such as?

Cacapa is a far better footballer than Taylor will ever be tbh. Taylor himself was culpable for 2 of the goals so he didnt exactly come out smelling of roses did he? Personally, I thought he was poor - doing the captain cockend thing with his right arm outstreched, racing forward, leaving fucking huge gaps in the back four and failing to cover as fullbacks should.

Allardyce - 6 has strengthened the squad with a focus on the defence, something that was badly needed. The injury record of the club seems to have improved overall, which I'll give him some credit for. Tactically suspect so far however, seemingly unable to decide on a system and making too conservative choices in midfield (4 central midfielders, out of which 3 are defense-minded in a 4-4-2, 3 defensive midfielders in a 3-man midfield). We should have been higher up after the relatively easy start. Next weeks against better opposition could make or break him, but for now we need the stability so here's hoping the results and performances pick up quickly

Beye - 5,5 an average start to his Newcastle career. Still adjusting to the pace of the Premiership of course. Disappointed by his attacking contribution so far..

Enrique - 6,5 solid, but not spectacular. Still young and adjusting. Our only left back with Babayaro seemingly permanently crocked, so here's hoping he stays fit..

Faye - 7 decent start. Providing us with some much needed physicality in central defence. Decent at set pieces too.

Viduka - 6,5 has shown glimpses of what he can do and scored some important goals and shown some good technical skill (through balls etc). Unfortunately for us very injury prone.

Barton - 5 injured in preseason, and on current evidence has been brought back in too early, because he has been very average for a player of his quality. Will hopefully come good, because we badly need an in-form Barton.

Rozehnal - 7 good start and has settled quickly. Still a little concerned about his lack of physical presence, but so far so good.

Cacapa - 6,5 made a good start, but definately seems a player who may be useable or not depending on the opposition strikeforce. A very natural, intelligent defencer but perhaps past his peek and his lack of pace makes him a liability against strong, pacy strikers..

Smith - 5 did not understand this signing and haven´t seen much to suggest I was wrong. Adds nothing in midfield and is just average in forward positions. Hard working, but an absolute lack of creativity, plus he´s a liability with his (late) tackling. A ridiculous amount of bookings already, and a sending off seems just around the corner whenever he plays.

Geremi - 6 a decent start, and I think he would do better more centrally (Butt´s current position). Disappointed with his set plays, which is supposedly something he was once good at..

In regards to Enrique he is so one footed it doesn't give him many options when playing the ball, especially when we are so static. Still its nice to have a left back who isn't a complete pile of s**** :)

It was in context!  :razz:  The boy has been piss poor all season. Just asked Baggio for a rating! Personally, I can't think of anyone deserving of a lower mark. Baggio could. What would you give him for his 'performances' this season?

In regards to Enrique he is so one footed it doesn't give him many options when playing the ball, especially when we are so static. Still its nice to have a left back who isn't a complete pile of s**** :)

It was in context!  :razz:  The boy has been piss poor all season. Just asked Baggio for a rating! Personally, I can't think of anyone deserving of a lower mark. Baggio could. What would you give him for his 'performances' this season?

It wasn´t in context. Milner hadn´t been mentioned once and this thread is about the new signings, so not sure what Milner´s got to do with that..

It wasn´t in context. Milner hadn´t been mentioned once and this thread is about the new signings, so not sure what Milner´s got to do with that..

Course it was. Smith got a one and Milner has been worse. Hence, I asked Baggio what he would have got. Baggio answered without a quibble!

Good lord, Spottys lovers are getting tetchy now they have realised how s*** he is  :lol:

Course it was. Smith got a one and Milner has been worse. Hence, I asked Baggio what he would have got. Baggio answered without a quibble!

Good lord, Spottys lovers are getting tetchy now they have realised how s*** he is  :lol:

Thing is, you´re probably the only one who thinks Milner has been worse than Smith so far this season. Do you want everybody to ask Baggio what mark the player they dislike would have got? I will now stop being OT, it´s something I don´t like and there are unfortunately a few people on here who are experts in it..

ive seen one nufc game this season- spurs. he played quite well from the bench and scored a pretty good goal.

Truly World class first touch tbh. He was adequate at best. The general consenus from people who actually like him was that he was poor tbh.

The point is he isnt good enough nor will be to hold down the role he has right now. Tottenham was probably better than the other games he has had tbh. That says it all really.

What worries me isnt Sams signings as much as the fact that he didnt sign people for areas that really did need strengthening. You'll find that Baggio and myself both agreed on that very point long before transfer deadline day.

Allardyce 7 - don't know what he's thinking tactically but you can't ignore that his decisiveness has made a lot of badly needed fundamental changes at the club. (Identifying less obvious transfer targets/Reasonable fiscal policy/better fitness regimen.) Granted, some of the changes may be down to Ashley and Mort more than Sam, but I still think his contribution can't be ignored. We could sack Sam Allardyce right now and his reign at Newcastle would still have been a positive one for the club. (Not that we should, of course)

Beye  6 - obviously a better player than Carr. Hasn't impressed yet but hasn't made any mistakes either. I think he can only get better as he settles in.

Enrique 8 - Solid on the defense, dangerous on the offence. Amazing contriution considering that he's a young player that's still getting used to the Premiership. Has the potential to become absolute quality after about a year I think.

Faye 7 - Good and solid. Pretty much what we expected when he bought him.

Viduka 6 - Huge impact when he's playing but perma-crocked for about half the season. Again, pretty much what we expected when we bought him.

Barton 5 - Hasn't been playing well since coming back from injury. Hope he gets back to the level we all know he can play at. We really shouldn't have to be worrying about having a good attacking midfielder with Joey Barton in the squad.

Rozehnal 7 - Has been good and solid throughout. Not sure why he was dropped in the first place.

Cacapa 6 - thought he was the best thing since sliced bread, necessarily revising my opinion after Reading and Portsmouth. Seems a solid defender who just has bad days sometimes. Lack of physical presence is somewhat worrying.

Smith 6 - more of an Ashley signing than an Allardyce signing perhaps? I'm still not sure what he's supposed to bring to the squad. Obviously dross when played in the midfield or on the wings. Decent backup striker and an improvement over Ameobi I suppose, but we could do better with 6m.

Geremi 7 - gets some stick because of his quiet, unselfish style and the fact that he's capatain (what is it with us and hating all of our captains after Shearer) but I think his contribution has been generally positive so far. Would do better than Butt in Butt's position imo. Concur in the opinion that his set plays have been shite.

It wasn´t in context. Milner hadn´t been mentioned once and th is thread is about the new signings, so not sure what Milner´s got to do with that..

Thing is, you´re probably the only one who thinks Milner has been worse than Smith so far this season. Do you want everybody to ask Baggio what mark the player they dislike would have got? I will now stop being OT, it´s something I don´t like and there are unfortunately a few people on here who are experts in it..

Canvassed the entire NUFC population have you? Or just made that up? HTL may disagree with your comment.

Anyway, we don't want to upset your sensibilities do we? In the meantime I will feel free to converse with Baggio as I see fit. It's his opinion I wanted, not yours. Hence the question. That ok by you? Or do I have to ask next time.  :razz:

So, so far, 90% of the people think that Allardyce has been about average so far?

Fickle and ungrateful football fans, who'd of thought? I mean, im not saying he's done anything spectaclar but rating him 6 or less seems pretty harsh to me. Anyone who's rated him lower than 6 is an idiot in my opinion.

Such as?

Saying Taylor should have played is just using hindsight in it's most traditional fashion; I don't see how that is getting on Cacapa's back.

I didn't hear any booing either, nor anyone getting on Cacapa's back. In fact, all I heard were comments about how good he's been all season and wtf was happening. That seems like giving him the benefit of any doubt rather than getting on his back.

Such as?

I didn't hear any booing either, nor anyone getting on Cacapa's back. In fact, all I heard were comments about how good he's been all season and wtf was happening. That seems like giving him the benefit of any doubt rather than getting on his back.

Perhaps it was just the people around me in the gallowgate.

Milner better than Smith?  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Most of the time Milner has been used in his strongest position and has been shit, he slows the play down more than Parker did. On the other hand Smith has consistently been used out of position and so needs a run up front. When he's had that I'll judge the value of signing Smith and not before.

I dont think anyone in the team has been pulling up any trees.  I like the look of Rozenhal, he had appeared to be very tidy.  Cacapa also looked steady until Sat.  As for the rest, for some (Enrique, Faye and Beye) it is early days but it is no surprise to see Viduka injured and Barton needs to be used properly when fit.

Biggest dissapointment, Sam.  Totally bizarre tactics with midfield lineup against weaker teams and the apparent inability to fire them up.  

We aren't a top 6 side, so we are probably where we should be given the squad we have.

Such as?

Perhaps it was just the people around me in the gallowgate.

Maybe.  I read something yesterday from boo boo stating that people in the Gallowgate were laughing at our own players. I've never come across that in nearly 40 years, so perhaps the Gallowgate has a large section of retards somewhere in there.

Most of the time Milner has been used in his strongest position and has been shit, he slows the play down more than Parker did. On the other hand Smith has consistently been used out of position and so needs a run up front. When he's had that I'll judge the value of signing Smith and not before.

So Milner hasn't been better than Smith this season on the basis that you refuse to rate Smith as a midfielder even though he's spent the majority of his time in that position here and at his last club?

What did you think of Smith on Saturday?

So Milner hasn't been better than Smith this season on the basis that you refuse to rate Smith as a midfielder even though he's spent the majority of his time in that position here and at his last club?

Smith was crap on Saturday.

Other than being totally unable to accept that Smith isn't a midfielder and so can't be judged as one, what's your point?

Other than being totally unable to accept that Smith isn't a midfielder and so can't be judged as one, what's your point?

So how have you formed the opinion that someone saying Milner has been better than Smith this season being worth  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif ?

So how have you formed the opinion that someone saying Milner has been better than Smith this season being worth  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif ?

Jeez.

You take everything so literally, don't you. I'm laughing at the idea that Milner is generally regarded by some as a better player than Smith, which is without a doubt what some are saying over many posts in many threads. Think "big picture."

I can't be arsed with you already.

Jeez.

You take everything so literally, don't you. I'm laughing at the idea that Milner is generally regarded by some as a better player than Smith, which is without a doubt what some are saying over many posts in many threads. Think "big picture."

I can't be arsed with you already.

I haven't seen anyone say this in other threads, wouldn't it have made more sense to post your  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif in that particular thread rather than just post it in a random one?

I can't be arsed to argue either tbh so I'll leave it there before my inbox starts filling up.