How much money will Sam get in Jan?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Allardyce: I haven't discussed Newcastle transfer budget

tribalfooball.com - November 29, 2007

Newcastle United boss Sam Allardyce says he's yet to hold January transfer talks with chairman Chris Mort.

It's been suggested Allardyce may not receive as big a transfer kitty as desired, but he said: "I don't have to persuade him (to release funds) because we haven't had that conversation yet.

"We need to decide in the near future what we're going to do in January and make decisions. We need to talk it through when we get an opportunity. For a manager like me there is never enough strength in depth, you will never be satisfied with it at a club this size and we will have players away at the African Nations in January."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=67285

They haven't decided the Jan strategey yet?

Wierd imo.

Maybe they have but the discussions didn't involve Allardyce... :whistle:

Guest Deep456

Just so everyone knows we are losing Martins in 2008 because of African cup of nations. So I think 20million+.

Really!? Bloody hell, thats a blow.

Flair talks complete sense tbh.  Spot on with his post. Sums it up for me.

I thought Mort came out a while ago and said we will strengthen in Jan as we have a few players away in Jan.  Summiks up!!!  : :razz:

I just hope they're not going to use the Roeder approach and pick up some unproven players on loan rather than buy quality. I wonder what Onyewu is up to these days?  :undecided:

Guest JesperOdum

Well he may be given a bit of money if he is still around, but honestly where would he improve?

CB: He has brought in Rozenhal, Faye and Cacapa so another CB would spell an exit for... Taylor?

LB/RB: Brought in Enrique and Beye but may bring in one or two here seeing as Carr and Babayaro are injured AND terrible.

CM: Butt, Emre, Barton, Geremi, (Smith)... how many CMs does he want?

winger: We could do with another winger, mind you if Duff is back that means Duffy, Zoggy and Milner, so maybe 1 right winger.

Strikers: Oba away on African duty, Owen injured, leaves Viduka, Smith and and Ameobi... he COULD buy another striker but that would leave us with 6 recognized strikers in the squad which may be overkill. An option may be to not extent Carrols loan and then loan him out again after Oba returns from African cup of nations..

So I guess - assuming my analysis is not ALL wrong - he may bring in a winger and a fullback. Which suggests to me he may spend 10 million tops. Possibly that we don't sign anyone.

PS. Please get rid of Carr and Babayaro in jan..