How much money will Sam get in Jan?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We have 5 very winnable games between now and the start of Jan. On 33 points he will get a large chunk. He needs to spend between £7-10m each on two attacking players and then go f****** mental in the summer.

You need to seek help if you've included any away games in there

Fulham and Wigan. Could lose both but they are winnable. You need help understanding the subtleties of language. I didnt say we would win.

Every game is winnable you clown. We could win the league too  :idiot2:

Again the subtleties of the english language escape you. Nevermind.

Just be honest and admit you made an utterly s*** point then we can all move on

You're being a t***, regardless of the point i made.

Awwww diddums, spitting your dummy out just because I showed you up

We have 5 very winnable games between now and the start of Jan. On 33 points he will get a large chunk. He needs to spend between £7-10m each on two attacking players and then go f****** mental in the summer.

You need to seek help if you've included any away games in there

Fulham and Wigan. Could lose both but they are winnable. You need help understanding the subtleties of language. I didnt say we would win.

Every game is winnable you clown. We could win the league too  :idiot2:

Again the subtleties of the english language escape you. Nevermind.

Just be honest and admit you made an utterly s*** point then we can all move on

You're being a t***, regardless of the point i made.

Awwww diddums, spitting your dummy out just because I showed you up

So you dont know the difference between playing Man U away and Wigan away? One of them is winnable the other isnt. Unless you just want to be anal about the defintion of the word. We could win at old trafford in the same way i could be a millionaire next year.

How exactly did you show me up? Its clear as day what the phrase 'winnable' means. Surely you just look like a pedant for going with that line of logic.

Guest Sniffer

We'll lose the next two games and the points gap will be gone. If we lose them badly, and there's no reason to assume we won't especially against arsenal, then I think Sam may be on the ropes and perhaps taking a knee.

So, no money...apart from his golden handshake for a job well done.

Then 5 months of chaos but what's new?

If there is any thought at all about sacking him, then the next three games is all he should get, with at least 5 points coming from them or its bye bye. If he's not sacked then he must give him the rest of the season and funds in January.

I really cant believe that people honestly believe that SA's job is under threat already. We were shit last season. No one in the world was going to make us a top 6 team over night. Just give it time. I am giving my full backing to Big Sam, that he will turn it around and we will be back challenging the 'Big Boys' in the next few years (that does not mean that i think we will be challengiung for the league title next season!)

I doubt we'll ever know how much he's got to spend, all we'll know is how much we have spent at the end of the window, gone are the days when the club bragged that we could out-spend Man U.

I also don't think that Ashley wants rid of Allardyce, I think it's his job to lose, if he's had a kick up the arse by the fans on Saturday then we might see a change, we'll soon find out one way or the other.

Putting the fans opinions of sam aside, I think alot will depend on:

- How good his relationship is with Mort and Co

- How we are doing at the time - i.e. improving from here

I personally think Jan is a bad time to buy and that you should only buy if

- Injuries force you to

- A player you really need is available at a price that is not over inflated as it is January

Not many clubs wish to sell at this time of year so it pushes the price up.  I would only really go for people that are in the last year of their contract with a view to them coming in Jan or in the summer.

It'll be very difficult to sign players of good quality in January. Who's going to sell top players half way through a season unless we offer ridiculous cash? Hell, it was tough enough in the whole summer window.

Just so everyone knows we are losing Martins in 2008 because of African cup of nations. So I think 20million+.

Really!? Bloody hell, thats a blow.

I just don't get it. It seems when it's discussed almost everyone agree that Sam should be given proper time and support, and if there's one thing we ought to have learned from being Newcastle supporters, it's that sacking managers (and getting new overpriced mercenaries) in times of crisis just isn't the answer. But then when there isn't someone smacking sense into people's heads, their primal instincts take over and they call for blood. Fucking hell. Savage simpletons everyone (myself including).

Oh, and the answer to the question.. I think he will be given 'bout 10 mil.. and that should be adequate. Don't think anymore would be sensible, given it's the january window and we're not facing a relegation battle or anything..

Oh, and the answer to the question.. I think he will be given 'bout 10 mil.. and that should be adequate. Don't think anymore would be sensible, given it's the january window and we're not facing a relegation battle or anything..

It's not adequate. We have a very rickety squad.

Allardyce: I haven't discussed Newcastle transfer budget

tribalfooball.com - November 29, 2007

Newcastle United boss Sam Allardyce says he's yet to hold January transfer talks with chairman Chris Mort.

It's been suggested Allardyce may not receive as big a transfer kitty as desired, but he said: "I don't have to persuade him (to release funds) because we haven't had that conversation yet.

"We need to decide in the near future what we're going to do in January and make decisions. We need to talk it through when we get an opportunity. For a manager like me there is never enough strength in depth, you will never be satisfied with it at a club this size and we will have players away at the African Nations in January."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=67285

Newcastle United boss Sam Allardyce says he's yet to hold January transfer talks with chairman Chris Mort.

It's been suggested Allardyce may not receive as big a transfer kitty as desired, but he said: "I don't have to persuade him (to release funds) because we haven't had that conversation yet.

"We need to decide in the near future what we're going to do in January and make decisions. We need to talk it through when we get an opportunity. For a manager like me there is never enough strength in depth, you will never be satisfied with it at a club this size and we will have players away at the African Nations in January."

That'll be one who insists on playing a different back four every game!

They haven't decided the Jan strategey yet?

Wierd imo.