Back Page Travel

Guest BooBoo

Drove to an away game for the 1st time yesterday and the journey home was too much like hard work.  Taking my 12 year old daughter to Wigan and before yesterday intended to drive. On the way home i thought to myself "back page for wigan". Reading this i just can't make up my mind. Really don't want to have to put up with a coach load of charvas. Are all the buses like that or is it just pot luck each game?

go by train - there are direct one or one change (normally at Brum ) i use them for business all the time

Direct to Wigan from Toon would be an achievement (unless the routes have changed in the last 5 years.)

Toon to Carlisle, then Carlisle to Wigan.

Used to be about £25-30 return on a Friday Evening/Sunday journey.

Be warned though, Wigan Station is possibly the worst West Coast station going, worse than Penrith even. It always rains and seems to be in a permanent wind tunnel (and watch out for Blackpool hen/stag parties getting on at Preston if you are unlucky enough to be on a Sunday)

Drove to an away game for the 1st time yesterday and the journey home was too much like hard work.  Taking my 12 year old daughter to Wigan and before yesterday intended to drive. On the way home i thought to myself "back page for wigan". Reading this i just can't make up my mind. Really don't want to have to put up with a coach load of charvas. Are all the buses like that or is it just pot luck each game?

Someone asked why i don't go with the official travel club. Have NUFC still got one of of those? Be like travelling with a bus load of nuns on their trip i imagine.

go by train - there are direct one or one change (normally at Brum ) i use them for business all the time

Direct to Wigan from Toon would be an achievement (unless the routes have changed in the last 5 years.)

Be warned though, Wigan Station is possibly the worst West Coast station going, worse than Penrith even. It always rains and seems to be in a permanent wind tunnel (and watch out for Blackpool hen/stag parties getting on at Preston if you are unlucky enough to be on a Sunday)

No trains on Boxing Day.

No trains on Boxing Day.

Yeah, forgot that bit!

Had to do Toon - Liverpool a few years back on boxing day. Very few coaches too, took about 9 hours in total, even had to go through Sunderland!

No trains on Boxing Day.

Yeah, forgot that bit!

Had to do Toon - Liverpool a few years back on boxing day. Very few coaches too, took about 9 hours in total, even had to go through Sunderland!

Aye, I drove to that one.