Keegan: Michael Owen new club captain

Guest Brazilianbob

It will make sense it will put Owen in more responsible position thus give us 100%. I am always big on making your star player a captain and Owen is quality even though he is not yet produce it yet.

Yep. It could be a clever move in the long-term, short-term it certainly quells any press bollocks and it proves to Owen that Keegan has a lot of respect for him. Giving Owen this responsibility might make him more than half-arsed.

Agree with what Nut said aswell, "You'll be led out by Michael Owen" is more enticing "You'll be lead out by Habib Beye", especially for younger potential incomers.

It's a complete myth that Michael Owen is half arsed.  It's based purely on the philosophy that he's good and therefore can't be arsed.  Like with Duff too.  Owen doesn't do anything of impact because he gets no service, it doesn't mean he doesn't try.  Sometimes he does too much i think actually, as he comes deep trying to create.  And Duff's jsut been rubbish, not lazy.

It's a complete myth that Michael Owen is half arsed.  It's based purely on the philosophy that he's good and therefore can't be arsed.  Like with Duff too.  Owen doesn't do anything of impact because he gets no service, it doesn't mean he doesn't try.  Sometimes he does too much i think actually, as he comes deep trying to create.  And Duff's jsut been rubbish, not lazy.

I used to think it was a myth too, but i've thought differently just recently. I suppose i can (sort of) forgive him, given that he's been playing in a team and a manager that does nowt for him, but he's simply looked like he doesn't care. Not lazy on the pitch, just 'unconcerned'.

I've a sneaky feeling we'll see a change in fortunes now though. But then i think i've said that for just about every negative aspect of the team at the moment. :lol:  That goal will have done a lot for him, anyway. He scored his first goal in ages against Barnsley, and went and notched another in the next game. I'm not saying that that's how the pattern works, but he should have had as much of a confidence boost as anyone.

We're going to need a long term captain chosen soon. It's been a bit of a joke since towards the end of Shearer's days. It's been a curse on whoever has had the band.

The following have all had a nightmare with it.

Jenas

Parker

Geremi

Smith

Butt, Given and now Owen have also had a go. 8 captains in 2 1/2 years with Shearer.

Stephen Carr was blatantly the best Captain we've had since Big Al. :thup:

Valid point.

Better shouter & organizer - and thats needed.