The cost of laying off Sam

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

The biggest problem with firing the manager is the media and Football Insiders' reaction - the media are just waiting for another opportunity to criticize the club/fans and the Football Mafia would attempt to close ranks to 'protect their own'...

They would try to ensure we didn't get a decent replacement by bad-mouthing us at every opportunity - they would rather we were relegated than fired Allardyce and appointed someone who may make a difference to the club more rapidly than is currently the case....

That is why the current situation is so serious - unless the side start winning games that they SHOULD be winning, we could end up in serious trouble ; people are laughing at the thought of relegation, but if we get beaten in the games we have against the Top 4, that points gap could easily be eroded by a decent run from teams like Wigan or even the Mackems...nothing is certain in football, esp with NUFC..!!

As people have said, we are NOT expecting Top 4 football or results, but the performances so far have been below an acceptable standard for a club with any ambition whatsoever - as to all the theories about off-field scientific improvements, well, there doesn't seem to be any sign that these are making the players better in any respect...there doesn't seem to be any increase in fitness etc.

It is starting to look like a case of Bull----t baffling brains........

I reckon most people see the sense in being able to re-assess the situation in May(when the media will have other things on their minds and the club can act in a calmer atmosphere), but the big question will be whether we have the luxury of that - it will be too late if we get to March and find that the slump has continued and we are being dragged into the relegation struggle....

That is why I think Ashley & Mort have a really tough quandary to sort out....

There's no point in laying off Big Sam or his staff unless some outstanding coach suddenly becomes available. For all his blinkered approach on the pitch, Allardyce has brought some much needed improvements off it.

Whats has he brought off it? I dont know anything about whats going on behind closed doors but i'd love to know.

from today's Times (Oliver Kay):

At Bolton, he and his staff were able to impose a philosophy on a squad that was built slowly over his eight seasons in charge as the team went from the lower reaches of what was the Nationwide League first division to the upper echelons of the Premier League.

This was not only a triumph of tactics or organisation, but of the ideas and team ethic that Allardyce and his staff imposed. To be shown around their training ground at Euxton and to be talked through the thinking behind the computer hub, the layout of the gym and even the colour scheme on the walls was like a psychology or a sports science field trip.

It's the sort of thing which made me want Allardyce here in the first place

The cost of sacking Sam would be enormous. Who the hell is going to take the reins at this club knowing that they have 7 months at the most to turn things around and ensure that we win the league, the FA cup and Sunderland are relegated, or else the fickle Geordies will turn against him and decry that he is just not good enough!

FFS man, Sam is not getting the best results consistantly, and the players seem unsure of the way he wants them to play at present, but we need to not be hasty and just sack the bloke. I thought that when FFS and the Halls disappeared then so would sacking managers at stupid times in the season. I say we give him time, and maybe not just this season but also next too. Give him time to turn around the shit and stagnantion of Fat Fred's reign, of Souness's demolition of Newcastle and of Roeder's inability to manage a 3 point turn, never mind a football club. You cannot undo, in 7 months, years of fucking shite.

Stopped reading your posts after that. What a divvy