Replacing Joey Barton ...

KaKa

Where are those who wanted Joey Barton for Scott Parker?

Scott Parker.

Exactly! Barton was a major risk in the first place and I never wanted to get rid of Parker. Barton did nothing to prove his huge price tag worth it. We are just excellent at wasting huge amoutns of money for nothing a la Boumsong, Viduka(his wage), Duff etc...

Scott Parker.

Exactly! Barton was a major risk in the first place and I never wanted to get rid of Parker. Barton did nothing to prove his huge price tag worth it. We are just excellent at wasting huge amoutns of money for nothing a la Boumsong, Viduka(his wage), Duff etc...

to be honest, based purely on what we've seen from him on the field (at city), £5.8m is very reasonable

Scott Parker.

to be honest, based purely on what we've seen from him on the field (at city), £5.8m is very reasonable

Not sure he was that good although he looked to be their best or at least most creative player. What you say tends to ignore the circumstances under which he arrived and the fact Man City were desperate to get rid of him too.