N'Zogbia & potential issues

Guest Knightrider

He's a liability in defence as the match yesterday surely proved beyond a shadow of a doubt.

to be fair yesterday was his worst defensivly and he doesnt normally get caught out that much but he is no defender

Not to that extent, but he's had some bad lapses in a number of matches this season.

aye i think his defensive lapses could be worked on enough as a midfielder but he hasn't enough defensive nouse about him to make a (dare i say iy) "proper" defender

I don't know who mentioned it on here (it may have been johnnypd) but whoever said he doesn't have a good enough passing game to get out of trouble when he is isolated at left-back was spot on. I've noticed all he does when under pressure is try and beat the man. This is dangerous when you're playing at full-back - for obvious reasons and is also one of the reasons why he should be playing as a winger - i.e. it's one of his strengths there.

I don't know who mentioned it on here (it may have been johnnypd) but whoever said he doesn't have a good enough passing game to get out of trouble when he is isolated at left-back was spot on. I've noticed all he does when under pressure is try and beat the man. This is dangerous when you're playing at full-back - for obvious reasons and is also one of the reasons why he should be playing as a winger - i.e. it's one of his strengths there.

Yes, that's a good spot.

Yes, that's a good spot.

ssshhhhhh ! we should have maybe pm'd these thoughts in light of whom we are talking about

People need to chill out about Zoggy playing at left-back ...

I'm pretty certain it is only a temporary thing which was forced upon Sam.

If we had succeeded in bringing in an experienced left-back like Silvestre or Dragutinovic, who we both went after, then it wouldn't have been necessary to play Zoggy there. I was never really convinced that Enrique was brought in as a first team left-back, but was instead brought in to be groomed to take over from a more experienced player who we didn't manage to bring in.

I think we ought to just accept that Sam feels more comfortable playing Zoggy there at this moment in time, because Zoggy has shown he can fill in at that position and he is familiar with the premiership game.

I also think we ought to be encouraged by the fact that Zoggy has played in the position without complaining and has given it his all. He obviously has a lot more respect for this manager than he did the last one, and he seems to have matured quite a bit. The experience of playing at left-back will only make him an even better player in the long run.

I would fully expect us to go after an experienced left-back in January and I really hope we are able to bring one in.

Constantly playing a very promising left winger at left back in a team with a with an appallingly poor defensive record will make them succeptable to a move to another, sucessful team. 

exactly - I can see Arsene thinking..........  neat player, french, young , can play anywhere down the left side............ 

Guest toonlass

The lad is doing an impossible job at LB, seeing that he is possibly one of the most creative attacking players we have. If Enrique is not up for the position of LB why the fuck did Sam spend £6 million on him, I would have preferred a LB who could actually play some games rather than a young un who seems to have disappeared into a black hole. Would love to see a solid LB come in in January but hey, that won't happen.

The lad is doing an impossible job at LB, seeing that he is possibly one of the most creative attacking players we have. If Enrique is not up for the position of LB why the f*** did Sam spend £6 million on him, I would have preferred a LB who could actually play some games rather than a young un who seems to have disappeared into a black hole. Would love to see a solid LB come in in January but hey, that won't happen.

Evra was hopeless in his first 6 months at ManU and wasn't a regular but he hasn't turned out too bad.

If it was anyone else handling Enrique the way Sam is then everyone would be applauding them.  Good job Arsene isn't our manager.  The way he looks after his youngsters wouldn't be accepted here.