pre premiership football

madras

Francis played in the Premiership era. [/pedant] ;)

Ok. Scratch him then.

Was just spitting hairs mate! He'd virtually retired.  :thup:

No worries mate. I know.

be wary with defenders as how many would be able to adapt to not running straight through the back of forwards..baresi was a great shout mind.

re brummies nostalgia post.........76 euro champs was probably the first tournament i really took in and as you say the crackly phone line commentary,the good east european teams,the constant klaxon horns from the crowd,the way the black and white patched football skidded along the ground into the net. rouned off with the coolest moment in football..panenkas penalty in the shoot out.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp2V2J5wkes

1978 WC for me. What a tournament.

Long haired flair players? Check

Good guys? Holland. Check.

Bad guys? Argentina. Check.

Involvement of shadowy military junta? Check.

Hilarious Scotland? Check.

Played in country which was about as different to the UK as it was possible to be? Check.

Crackly phone lines? Check.

Questionable results? Check.

be wary with defenders as how many would be able to adapt to not running straight through the back of forwards..baresi was a great shout mind.

re brummies nostalgia post.........76 euro champs was probably the first tournament i really took in and as you say the crackly phone line commentary,the good east european teams,the constant klaxon horns from the crowd,the way the black and white patched football skidded along the ground into the net. rouned off with the coolest moment in football..panenkas penalty in the shoot out.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp2V2J5wkes

Played in country which was about as different to the UK as it was possible to be? Check.

England failed to qualify? Check ;)

England failed to qualify? Check ;)

Indeed. It might be fashionable to say you don't care about the national team these days, but I turned my back on the underperforming fuckwits 30 years ago.

;)