interim manager ?

madras

You know somestimes people get an infection and the best thing to do is put a maggott on it to clear the infection.  Might look horrible but in the long run the maggott does the job. 

Have you seen us play this season? Have you seen Allardyce's formations, tactics and player selections? Have you seen the layers he saw fit to shell £25m out on?
  Yes I have

HE'S NOT THE RIGHT MANAGER FOR US.

Sadly we cant keep on sacking mangers, it has to stop or change somewhere.

We have to give the right manager time, certainly. the RIGHT one. But that isn't the current one, which you must know if you actually go to, or even watch, our games.

You know somestimes people get an infection and the best thing to do is put a maggott on it to clear the infection.  Might look horrible but in the long run the maggott does the job. 

Thats a bad analogy. It would be a good one, if Allardyce was capable of making us good, but he's not.

We have to give the right manager time, certainly. the RIGHT one. But that isn't the current one, which you must know if you actually go to, or even watch, our games.

I have a season ticket mate, I wasn't there last night tho.

dont get to the away games which i am hoping to change.

What if Shearer or another manager came in and had a bad start to their NUFC managerial career, would the knives be out again?

Thats a bad analogy. It would be a good one, if Allardyce was capable of making us good, but he's not.

You dont know that,  another summer transfer window and we could get the players we need.

We need to buck this trend of sacking managers.

You dont know that,  another summer transfer window and we could get the players we need.

Allardyce has already seen fit to spend £25m on almost entirely poor players.

His tactics, formations and player selections have been awful.

He's not new to this league, and neither are some of the flops he's bought.

I really can't see anything to suggets he'll suddenly come good, learn from his mistakes and becoem a good manager. He's living off past 'successes', but football has moved on. Unfortunately for us, Allardyce and his methods have not.

This is all going a tad bit overboard now!!

Instead of calling for Allardyce's head at this stage of the season, we should instead be looking to get him  on a Q&A, and have the fans question him over his tactics and team selections. See if the man can take these questions, and how he would answer them. I think you will find that to be more of an eye opener than to just piss and moan about him not being good enough at this stage of his tenure, and especially at this stage of the season.

I personally still maintain hope that things will turn around, despite the shower of shite on view week in week out.

Allardyce has already seen fit to spend £25m on almost entirely poor players.

His tactics, formations and player selections have been awful.

He's not new to this league, and neither are some of the flops he's bought.

I really can't see anything to suggets he'll suddenly come good, learn from his mistakes and becoem a good manager. He's living off past 'successes', but football has moved on. Unfortunately for us, Allardyce and his methods have not.

Fair post, I don't think he'll be able to turn it around from here. Still don't see what we'll really gain by sacking him mid-season though.

Guest icemanblue

Jesus Christ, get a grip lads.  You're living up to the national stereotype of Newcastle fans. 

Ok, so we get a new manager in, he buys a couple of players, then we're gonna win the league.  Things start going badly, some shite performances, and we're in mid table.  The exact same fucking plebs will be on here saying 'get him out', 'let's get shot and give the 'right' manager time'.

Just look at Sir Alex, fair enough, long time ago and all that.  It's cliched, but he was gash to start off with, but it didn't work out too badly in the end.

What really infuriates me is that it's the same people preaching about stability, who are the first to demand we sack a manager after 20 games.

Seriously, we cant go and sack another manager.  We need to stand fast and hold toght.  Am not happy with the current situtation myself infact I think its utter wank but we cant keep sacking people.  Its twatful.

Its getting like a Roman gladiator crowd at the Coliseum.

Thumbs up, thumbs down thumbs up thumbs down thumbs up thumbs down.

Booooo

Boooo

Kill him!

Seriously, we cant go and sack another manager.  We need to stand fast and hold toght.  Am not happy with the current situtation myself infact I think its utter wank but we cant keep sacking people.  Its twatful.

Its getting like a Roman gladiator crowd at the Coliseum.

Thumbs up, thumbs down thumbs up thumbs down thumbs up thumbs down.

Booooo

Boooo

Kill him!

So we stick with a manager who is not good enough, for how long? How much damage do we let him do, how much money do we let him waste? How much time do we waste on him?

So we stick with a manager who is not good enough, for how long? How much damage do we let him do, how much money do we let him waste? How much time do we waste on him?

1) More than 20 games

2) Enough money to say, "well you've had enough and your plans are not working"

3) Damage? do you mean relegation?, we wont go down.

4) Wasting time?  we are not in a position to be hurrying our way up the league especially after the Souness and Roeder seasons.

Its pisses me off and hurts just as much as what you feel but its the cold cold truth.

Guest johnson293

But, what would happen if we did sack Allardyce, and a 'World Cass' manager of the quality of Hitzfeld, or Capello, etc became available and joined us - either within the next month, or in the summer with money to spend.

How long would they get to turn us round, even if we were playing inconisistent/poorly and not getting results in their first 6-7 months??

After all, they would be the perceived 'World Class' manager that people are crying out for, and seem to think we can/should be able attract, despite how our standing has slipped over the last 3-4 years!

1) More than 20 games

2) Enough money to say, "well you've had enough and your plans are not working"

3) Damage? do you mean relegation?, we wont go down.

4) Wasting time?  we are not in a position to be hurrying our way up the league especially after the Souness and Roeder seasons.

Its pisses me off and hurts just as much as what you feel but its the cold cold truth.

How long does he get, then? If we end up, after spending £25m oh HIS players, 11th, after playing people out of position, etc etc, is that good enough? Because we'll be LUCKY to get that.

As for damage, i mean another wasted season, more money wasted, more embrassment to us.

He's NOT good enough, and giving him more time, money etc is just throwing resource away.

But, what would happen if we did sack Allardyce, and a 'World Cass' manager of the quality of Hitzfeld, or Capello, etc became available and joined us - either within the next month, or in the summer with money to spend.

How long would they get to turn us round, even if we were playing inconisistent/poorly and not getting results in their first 6-7 months??

After all, they would be the perceived 'World Class' manager that people are crying out for, and seem to think we can/should be able attract, despite how our standing has slipped over the last 3-4 years!

Where did i say world class? What i DID say was that Allrdyce is not good enough.

If a manager came in who:

* spend money well

* wasn't tactically inept

* played to the teams strengths

* played people on their actual positions

* had a clear plan for the future

then i think all NUFC fans would rightly give him time.

Allardyce has proven that he has fuck all of those attributes. Why shoudl we stick with a man destined to make us fail??

As for damage, i mean another wasted season, more money wasted, more embrassment to us.

Do you think a new manager will not want his own staff, players and time to gel a team/system?

I reckon this season is a write-off whether we sack him or not.

Do you think a new manager will not want his own staff, players and time to gel a team/system?

A season of rebuilding is not wasted. Even half a season of looking at the team and planning for the future is not wasted. Keeping a manager with no chance of success or even a clue what to do is a waste of a season.

A season of rebuilding is not wasted. Even half a season of looking at the team and planning for the future is not wasted. Keeping a manager with no chance of success or even a clue what to do is a waste of a season.

You dont know that, I think we have to give him his chance to buy the players which suit his system.

Once we do that and he has brought his own players and his "system" is ready we can then judge and say thumbs up or thumbs down.

Its utter wank at the minute but we have to stick with it.

2 or 3 seasons.

and you think he'll be a success in that time?

And by success, i mean get us into a stable position in the top 6/7.

He has a better chance of success in 2 or 3 seasons than 20 odd games.

I've said a few times over the months on here, I can't see what Allardyce brings us, that the likes of O'Neill, Moyes, Hughes & Redknapp don't offer their clubs. Therefore, I can never see us being any better than a top 10 side no matter how long Allardyce stays. Sure, we'll get the odd season where we come 6th-7th, but I don't see what he offers differently that will take us above that lot. Man City showed ambition, went for a top-quality manager, and in the long-run, even if they don't finish 4th-6th this season, I know who's more likely to establish themselves there in the long-run.

We're arguably doing that as a club though, regardless of Allardyce.

What do you class as success for next season, if say we got in a manager to your liking? We're obviously not going to do anything this year whoever comes in.

You dont know that, I think we have to give him his chance to buy the players which suit his system.

Once we do that and he has brought his own players and his "system" is ready we can then judge and say thumbs up or thumbs down.

Its utter wank at the minute but we have to stick with it.

He's spent £25m and brought in 9 players. His players, that he wanted. And they have, in the main, been bad buys.