Chelsea Sign Anelka - £15m, 4 & half year deal - SSN

Guest michaelfoster

Bolton did well there like.

Hardly.

£15 million is less than what they'd lose if they got relegated. Anelka has scored over three times as many goals as any other bolton player, and they are still struggling.

Bolton did well there like.

Hardly.

£15 million is less than what they'd lose if they got relegated. Anelka has scored over three times as many goals as any other bolton player, and they are still struggling.

Anelka was gonna go regardless. They did well getting £15m out of it.

Guest bluegeordie

Great signing for Chelsea.  Man Utd should have been in there for him too really.

Drogba and Anelka upfront will ruin a lot of teams.

Indeed, if only to keep the potential challengers at bay.

Guest nufcfan76

Moody sulking bastard who will be nothing but problems for Chelski's team morale in about 8 months. Sounds good to me! ;D

Guest elbee909

Moody sulking bastard who will be nothing but problems for Chelski's team morale in about 8 months. Sounds good to me! ;D

He hasn't had any reported attitude problems in years.

Guest trotter58

Anelka has been as good as gold since he's been with us. Everyone expected the dummy to be thrown out of the pram at some point, particularly under Allardyce, when he was stuck him up front on his own and had to cope with a constant stream of long balls launched at his head from the other end of the pitch, but he knuckled down and just got on with it. Nobody at the club had a bad word to say about him. He comes across as a genuinely nice bloke who has enjoyed his time at Bolton (he invited the whole squad and backroom team to his wedding in Morrocco) He will be missed and he will get the same reception that Eider Gudjohnson got when he returned to the Reebok with Chelsea. For anyone who expects us to drop like a stone without Anelka, we were more successful without him in the team than we were with him! Unfortunately the players we have seem more comfortable playing to Allardyce's blueprint. It's a shame because i don't really think we ever saw the best of him but i'm sure Chelsea will. I just can't believe that no-one thought he was worth the £8M we paid Fenerbache for him, we've doubled our money in a season and a half! All BWFC supporters will wish him well.

Guest nufcfan76

Years, eh? He's not at a club long enough ffs; why is he always moving on? And I recall a falliing out with Fener, no? He might not have had many "problems" in years but he's in a different kettle of fish now: a team full of egos and ultra high expectaions with no room for second place: it's sink or swim for him. No doubting his class, but if it creates even the slightest bit of instability in a team we should be challenging with, then great.  :clap:

Anelka has been as good as gold since he's been with us. Everyone expected the dummy to be thrown out of the pram at some point, particularly under Allardyce, when he was stuck him up front on his own and had to cope with a constant stream of long balls launched at his head from the other end of the pitch, but he knuckled down and just got on with it. Nobody at the club had a bad word to say about him. He comes across as a genuinely nice bloke who has enjoyed his time at Bolton (he invited the whole squad and backroom team to his wedding in Morrocco) He will be missed and he will get the same reception that Eider Gudjohnson got when he returned to the Reebok with Chelsea. For anyone who expects us to drop like a stone without Anelka, we were more successful without him in the team than we were with him! Unfortunately the players we have seem more comfortable playing to Allardyce's blueprint. It's a shame because i don't really think we ever saw the best of him but i'm sure Chelsea will. I just can't believe that no-one thought he was worth the £8M we paid Fenerbache for him, we've doubled our money in a season and a half! All BWFC supporters will wish him well.

His reputation in recent years has always been utter tabloid induced bollocks. He made a few mistakes when he was younger, but since then the media has slaughtered him and exaggerated every word and action of his.

Years, eh? He's not at a club long enough ffs; why is he always moving on? And I recall a falliing out with Fener, no? He might not have had many "problems" in years but he's in a different kettle of fish now: a team full of egos and ultra high expectaions with no room for second place: it's sink or swim for him. No doubting his class, but if it creates even the slightest bit of instability in a team we should be challenging with, then great.  :clap:

Because ever since moving to Real Madrid and flopping there, he hasnt been at a big club, bar a loan spell at Liverpool where Houllier for whatever reason decided not to sign him (went for Diouf instead).

PSG - parked there waiting for a move in a second tier domestic league.

Man City - 3 years at a lower mid table club with serious money problems, sold for financial reasons (we would have landed Distin otherwise).

Fenerbahce - a world class French player in the Turkish league? How long was that realistically going to last?

Bolton - tiny club, almost certainly sold to fund moves for other players in a bid to stay up.

How can he be expected to stay on at those clubs? And why should he? He was always too good for them, and all of those moves were just him waiting for a big club to look past the reputation and give him a chance.

What team is this then?