Redknapp rejects Newcastle or Newcastle reject Redknapp?

Dokko

I'd rather have Redknapp than Hughes, who's got no experience of spending money - a la Allardyce.

I'd rather not have Redknap at all, i only hope he sticks to his word for once.

Well yes, i'd rather have neither. Of the two, i'd prefer Redknapp.

I'd rather have Redknapp than Hughes, who's got no experience of spending money - a la Allardyce.

I'd rather not have Redknap at all, i only hope he sticks to his word for once.

Well yes, i'd rather have neither. Of the two, i'd prefer Redknapp.

I'd probably have to go for Hughes, solely because he might improve.

The only way I see him changing his mind, or a way he could still save face by changing his mind, is if he had a arguement with his board, or if they denied him a transfer kitty they they didn't deliver or something.

I wouldn't be suprised if all this shit affects his teams performance, if only in the short term.

On a completely different tangent, the Pompey first eleven, when fit, is quite impressive. The Pompey squad, however, is shite. My lass said the bench today was a disgrace, and utility man Richard Hughes has apparently played his last game for the club.

If four players leaving a team can COMPLETELY change the abilty of the squad, then you haven't got much of a squad at all.

Also, I see Benjani has lost his scoring boots, and Nugent is still a championship player  mackems.gif

The only way I see him changing his mind, or a way he could still save face by changing his mind, is if he had a arguement with his board, or if they denied him a transfer kitty they they didn't deliver or something.

I wouldn't be suprised if all this shit affects his teams performance, if only in the short term.

On a completely different tangent, the Pompey first eleven, when fit, is quite impressive. The Pompey squad, however, is shite. My lass said the bench today was a disgrace, and utility man Richard Hughes has apparently played his last game for the club.

If four players leaving a team can COMPLETELY change the abilty of the squad, then you haven't got much of a squad at all.

Also, I see Benjani has lost his scoring boots, and Nugent is still a championship player  mackems.gif

And Redknapp was one of the ones bitching about the ANC, as well.

LIke it came as a fucking shock to him.

So we contacted Keegan last week? Is Mr. Redknapp fibbing then? :shifty:

Or at least got the wrong end of the stick and used it to his advantage.  ???

Criticism and cynicism are generally pretty healthy traits, but taking on board this case, I hope people take note of Morts interview and maybe try not to dive in and damn those running the club so hastily next time.

Main Points from Chris Mort's interview with Radio Newcastle (Very interesting):

- Thought it would be impossible to get him back.

- Talked to some of Kevs friends who set up a meeting with him.

- Kev showed he still has the enthusiam.

- Deal didn't take long.

- Put a shortlist together.

- Wanted to do all our business discretely.

- Felt sorry for the fans in the process, because he didn't feel he could deny every name that came up in the press.

- DID NOT offer Harry Redknapp the job. Interviewed him, and talked about financial terms as they did with every candidate to see if they were interested, but DID NOT OFFER HIM THE JOB.

- They had 80+ managers wanting the job, but they knew the man they wanted from the beginning, so did not pursue most of them.

shortlist of transfer targets??