Redknapp rejects Newcastle or Newcastle reject Redknapp?

Dokko

One mong texted in to SSN & said "I hope they appoint Shearer & then when he loses a few games sack him & we can all move on". WHO THE f*** ARE THESE WANKERS ARE THESE THE PRICKS THAT WANTED US TO GET BEAT OFF STOKE LAST WEEK? Regardless of whoever is manager at the time you got to want Newcastle United to win, it is never the manager who loses the game it is Newcastle United. Some people need to get a grip & lay off the text messages.

What's wrong with that? I mean, we can really move on when the "Blind Shearer Worship" stuff is really finished.

Guest Andrew Flintoff

One mong texted in to SSN & said "I hope they appoint Shearer & then when he loses a few games sack him & we can all move on". WHO THE f*** ARE THESE WANKERS ARE THESE THE PRICKS THAT WANTED US TO GET BEAT OFF STOKE LAST WEEK? Regardless of whoever is manager at the time you got to want Newcastle United to win, it is never the manager who loses the game it is Newcastle United. Some people need to get a grip & lay off the text messages.

What's wrong with that? I mean, we can really move on when the "Blind Shearer Worship" stuff is really finished.

Well, and here's a outrageous suggestion and I know it won't be popular, wouldn't it be better if he succeeded? Or is it more fun to turn on a manager from day one and hound him out six month later

And there is also the slight possibility tht Shearer might be a success. We are assuming Shearer will be shit but the great thing about this sport that we love is that we just have no way of knowing whats around the corner.

Could Shearer be the one to really get Owen playing again ?

Well, and here's a outrageous suggestion and I know it won't be popular, wouldn't it be better if he succeeded?

Spot on.

Who ever gets the job I will want them to do well.

Guest alankhaw

Whoever it is we have to back them. Even if we don't like their face or their arse. Nobody succeeds alone and we have to be part of the manager's team so to speak if he is to succeed

Pretty sure Shearer won’t be shit as a manager. A lot of football management is man management (not all of it, but a fair bit). I reckon Shearer will be able to motivate players, in a similar way to Keegan did. Also players have respect for the guy. Put that in the mix with he’s one of us, he bleeds black and white, and I think he’ll be okay. I’m not saying he’ll win anything, just expect him to be a decent manager when he eventually turns his hand to it. In my eyes Shearer is a bit like Roy Keane, similar type of character, passionate, you’d really want to play for the guy.

SSN presenters must be on there 11:30 tea break as they are reading out the same emails &  stumbling at the same places as before. I thought they only did the repeated loop thing through the night.

Poo Break

Guest alankhaw

Get a caretaker in till the summer. Building a successful team cannot start in January with the headache of having to win football matches.

Pleased and pissed of at the same time!  Strange feeling!

f*** it just get Shearer in and Keegan as his advisor  that only seems the only other option at this time

If they get Jol they can f*** off

If they get Hughes they can f*** off

Guest mobiius

Sometimes I get the feeling SSN type it up themselves and read it out

Thats almost like saying a local sports journalist would pretend to have sources that are close to the club. perishthe tought it wold ever happen. ;D

Sorry if posted before, but this - and I have the paper in my hand - is what AO went with originally today, before Harry went on SSN:

TAKE IT AS RED

Harry set to be new United boss after getting his family's approval

Harry Redknapp will tie up his switch to Newcastle United – after getting the go-ahead from his family to make the move from the south coast to Tyneside. Sources in Portsmouth say that Redknapp’s wife Sandra is his rock and major decisions are always taken in consultation with her and his sons Mark and Jamie – the former Liverpool, Spurs and England international.

I am one of the few journalists to have spoken to Harry in the last 24 hours, and he could not have been more professional, insisting he was focusing on Portsmouth’s game with Sunderland at the Stadium of Light tomorrow.

But when I put the phone down I had a distinct feeling that I had been talking to the next manager of Newcastle United.

And Harry did tell me: “Whatever I do I have got to make sure my two dogs are OK.”

I believe those two bulldogs will soon be running along the beach at Tynemouth instead of the south coast where the Redknapp family are housed in one of the most exclusive estates in the country.

I honestly cant believe they booted sam out without a plan...that really sucks tbh,thought that was the only possibility.

Fuck knows where we go from here,Shearers not the answer though..not for a good while yet. :undecided:

James has gone very quiet now we know that Harry has spoken to Mort.

Not a kneejark reaction at all is it.

We look ffucking stupid sacking a second tier english manager and approaching another and getting the knoack back.

Where do we go from here?, fuck knows.  I cant take much more of these hits &  I hate seeing NUFC look stupid or dragged through the mud.  It really hurts.

Problem is, who on earth can we get now? Anyone we approach will know they are at best second choice so i certainly think you can rule any of the big names out. It shows getting rid of sam was done without sounding out a replacement too.

Problem is, who on earth can we get now? Anyone we approach will know they are at best second choice so i certainly think you can rule any of the big names out. It shows getting rid of sam was done without sounding out a replacement too.

Nobody will give a shit that they were 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice.  It doesn't matter, what matters is how much money you will earn, how much time you will be given and how much money you will have to spend on players.

Other than that, I've never heard anyone turn down a managers job purely because they were not asked first.