Redknapp rejects Newcastle or Newcastle reject Redknapp?

Dokko

Guest interceptor

What a total and utter cock up by the board!

It wasn't difficult - they should have had a definite replacement to take the job before they sacked Big Sam. Now they're scrabbling around trying to find someone who won't be their first choice.

The time in this transfer window is rapidly running out and the list of candidates that are left fill me with total and utter dread

Guest Toongaboom

Keith Armstrong (b. 11 October 1957, Newcastle, England) is a British/Finnish dual-nationality football manager and former player.

He played with OPS for two years, before moving to Koparit in Kuopio. Subsequently, he played in nine different clubs around Finland, getting to his name 179 league matches, scoring 60 goals, and winning three championships (with OPS in 1979 and 1980 and with Kuusysi in 1984).

In 1993, at the age of 35, he retired from playing professional football and started out as the manager of his then club Rovaniemen Palloseura (RoPS). For the 1995 season, he moved to Seinäjoki and took the local club, TP-Seinäjoki into the Veikkausliiga. In 1997, he was offered a post at FC Haka, which he accepted, getting the club promoted from the Ykkönen and winning three league championships in a row with the Valkeakoski team. He received the Manager of the Year award in 2000, after Haka's second subsequent title.

In late 2001, he was signed by HJK, propelling the team to a league championship in 2002 and a league and cup double in 2003. In 2004, however, the club finished in the mid-table. In 2006 Armstrong received his second Manager of the Year award and lead HJK to second on league. He was sacked in September 2007.

HE IS OUR MAN AND COULD DO JOB!

t wasn't difficult - they should have had a definite replacement to take the job before they sacked Big Sam.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this the same mistake the previous board made when sacking SBR and we ended up with Souness?

Just got out of bed.

:clap2: GET IN THE f****** BAG! :clap2:

No offence, Harry.

Wouldnt have been my choice either,however im stunned and bemused that weve been turned down by him,exactly where we go from here fuck knows....i just feel like if thats the size of our ambition who is going to be next...Curbishley?

Sounds like the "Old" days are back tbh,the new dawn vanished as soon as it came.

Guest Toongaboom

Re: Redknapp rejects Newcastle job - Official

« Reply #257 on: Today at 12:00:12 PM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keith Armstrong (b. 11 October 1957, Newcastle, England) is a British/Finnish dual-nationality football manager and former player.

He played with OPS for two years, before moving to Koparit in Kuopio. Subsequently, he played in nine different clubs around Finland, getting to his name 179 league matches, scoring 60 goals, and winning three championships (with OPS in 1979 and 1980 and with Kuusysi in 1984).

In 1993, at the age of 35, he retired from playing professional football and started out as the manager of his then club Rovaniemen Palloseura (RoPS). For the 1995 season, he moved to Seinäjoki and took the local club, TP-Seinäjoki into the Veikkausliiga. In 1997, he was offered a post at FC Haka, which he accepted, getting the club promoted from the Ykkönen and winning three league championships in a row with the Valkeakoski team. He received the Manager of the Year award in 2000, after Haka's second subsequent title.

In late 2001, he was signed by HJK, propelling the team to a league championship in 2002 and a league and cup double in 2003. In 2004, however, the club finished in the mid-table. In 2006 Armstrong received his second Manager of the Year award and lead HJK to second on league. He was sacked in September 2007.

HE IS OUR MAN AND COULD DO JOB!

It wasn't difficult - they should have had a definite replacement to take the job before they sacked Big Sam. Now they're scrabbling around trying to find someone who won't be their first choice.

The time in this transfer window is rapidly running out and the list of candidates that are left fill me with total and utter dread

How is Harry Redknapp turning them down a "cock up"? they can hardly force him at gun point.

Guest Pavel Is A Geordie

I've got a terrible feeling that the anti-redknapp brigade will be taking it all back when they see who we do get...

Yep. I think in our current position, Redknapp would have been a good bet. Definitely prefer him over Jol.

How is Harry Redknapp turning them down a "cock up"? they can hardly force him at gun point.

I think he means "cock up" as in they should really have had something in place before sacking Sam,so yes it was a "cock up" of monumental proportions imo.

The kind of Schoolboy error Fred used to make and not one you would have wanted the new regime to start off with.

Fucking hell. Are the board completely clueless? You don't sack somebody who is doing a far-from-disastrous job if you don't have an adequate replacement hammering at the door first.

Absolutely unbelievable. Really. Utterly horrendous decision making.

Just got out of bed.

:clap2: GET IN THE f****** BAG! :clap2:

No offence, Harry.

Lazy bastard. :lol:

I know. :lol: Just couldn't get up any earlier. I swear wor lass has drugged me.

FWIW, I'm flabbergasted the board has acted without having a man in place ready to come in. I realise they know sod all about football management, but did they really think they could just go pick and manager up off the rack?

t wasn't difficult - they should have had a definite replacement to take the job before they sacked Big Sam.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this the same mistake the previous board made when sacking SBR and we ended up with Souness?

Yes - exactly that.

I know. :lol: Just couldn't get up any earlier. I swear wor lass has drugged me.

FWIW, I'm flabbergasted the board has acted without having a man in place ready to come in. I realise they know sod all about football management, but did they really think they could just go pick and manager up off the rack?

Maybe it was the arrogance of thinking money gets them anybody they want.

I've got a terrible feeling that the anti-redknapp brigade will be taking it all back when they see who we do get...

That's a big worry. Can't see any of the A-list lot like Lippi or Mourinho etc taking us on now. :( (Not that I'm claiming Mourinho would have come anyway mind... I just think it's even more unlikely now.)

Hughes or Jol probably the best of the available, realistic candidates. Though Hughes has ruled himself out, so that leaves Jol.

Anyone else would be a total shambles.