What if Shearer gets to be NUFC`s next manager? some thoughts of mine

sparta

ok, he is a legend, this is something we all know, and love and respect him for what he has done for this club... (just wanted that too be said :parky:)

(move this tread if you want to)

however, some of the arguments for shearer becoming the next manager is ludacris!, think about it for a second! what makes you belive he is going to stay longer then big sam in the job, with this ammount of pressure? sure he knows the club, and some of the players! probably will get some degree of respect from them as well (whatever that means)...

but seriously? he has never managed before.... parky started a tread a while back and said: "It's the most ridiculous idea doing the rounds. He needs to manage somewhere else first and develop his skills as a manager (make his mistakes and learn more about himself), in no way should he return and make us his first full time managerial post. Madness." read that highlighted sentence a bit, acually, read it out loud! it should get some eyes open! even keegan had a season in the championship before coming here!

do you think, we, and i repeat, we, as newcastle supporters will not get on his back if the results arent going our way? just becouse he is shearer? thats just stupid! he will be treatet as any manager the last 5 years has been! with some degree of respect, and a hell of alot of passion!!!

we are probably the most unpatient supporters in england, with a clear reason, we are not happy until we get a trophy! thats it! attacking football is not enough, why should we be moaning under mr.souness? some of his managing skills on the attacking side were quite pleasing for the eye (although a lot of the rest were s***) however, enough with that piece of s***...

i think we need to stabilise, and recover! maybe a shearer/someone combo is it? i dont know, the fact is that our beloved club is in deep s***, and has been for a while now, we got a new board (green as hell), and uneased players, and we need a fresh face! do you think shearer can stabilise and recover our form again? in just a season or two? with no experience whatsoever?

ok, nothing tells me he wouldnt be a bad manager, but nothing tells me he would be a great manager either!

im just trying to tell people to just stop, and think for a second! is shearer the right choice?

Guest POWNATS

Totally agree

Heres a thought,

Alex Ferguson retires at the end of the season

Man u offer the job to Ryan Giggs..........yeah right

Alan Shearer should take a managerial job in a less pressurised situation to see if he has the qualitys required.

Just my opinion but i dont think he's managment material, infact a may benefit NUFC if he didn't interfere at all

Guest Brendan_Rice

Shearer bleeds black and white.  He may not have any mangerial experience but surely he has learned how not to do it from the managers who were apointed in the Autumn of his playing days. 

A perfect example of a player that was new to management doing an excellent job is Jürgen Klinsmann who has done exceptionally well with Germany who are favorites for the European Championships.  When you look at how well he has done with players who respect him a lot why should Shearer be any different for Newcastle?

I have heard arguments about Shearer not having the scouting network needed to bring in the players we need, surely we could get top scouts in that would have the contacts.  And I may be a sucker for thinking that if all the players we have on our books gave 100% for the shirt, the manager and the fans every week we would have a decent team. 

I can remember Shearing going through a bad patch under Gullit with a lot of people saying he was finished, only to come back better than every under Bobby who was probably the best man manager we have had since Keegan.  I could see Owen coming good again under the right man and why couldn't it be Shearer.  Owen might not be as fast as when he was 18 but with a bit of coaching from Shearer he could get his confidence back and start scoring.

Shearer knew how to score goals and battle for everything, I think this is what our players are missing, the fire in their bellies who better than Shearer to relight it?

Guest Brewcastle

Among the British alternatives (Keegan and) Shearer is the best ones. Shearer will get more patience than other managers, he will have a support bigger than anybody. He will have a great influence to players that so far this season have looked uninspired, some times even lazy  :-[.

From the non-British alternatives, it's many I would welcome. But guess not many of them are realistic candidates. I have respect for Houllier, and it looks like he can be close to the job. But I hope Mort/Ashley put their eyes on candidates that haven't been in Premier League too. I'll repeat my support to previous Olympiacos manager Trond Sollied as an ecxiting alternative blueyes.gif

Shearer bleeds black and white.  He may not have any mangerial experience but surely he has learned how not to do it from the managers who were apointed in the Autumn of his playing days. 

A perfect example of a player that was new to management doing an excellent job is Jürgen Klinsmann who has done exceptionally well with Germany who are favorites for the European Championships.  When you look at how well he has done with players who respect him a lot why should Shearer be any different for Newcastle?

I have heard arguments about Shearer not having the scouting network needed to bring in the players we need, surely we could get top scouts in that would have the contacts.  And I may be a sucker for thinking that if all the players we have on our books gave 100% for the shirt, the manager and the fans every week we would have a decent team. 

I can remember Shearing going through a bad patch under Gullit with a lot of people saying he was finished, only to come back better than every under Bobby who was probably the best man manager we have had since Keegan.  I could see Owen coming good again under the right man and why couldn't it be Shearer.  Owen might not be as fast as when he was 18 but with a bit of coaching from Shearer he could get his confidence back and start scoring.

Shearer knew how to score goals and battle for everything, I think this is what our players are missing, the fire in their bellies who better than Shearer to relight it?

yes, its right that our players need a fire cracker up theyr arse, and shearer is probably one who could give them that!

however, even if Klinsmann, a manager i would welcome as a manager here in some extent. succeded with germany, doesnt mean shearer will succeed here? does it? Klinsmann had an entierly different situation as well! he doesnt as you said shearer was lacking, need a extensive scouting network, he was working with top quality players, playing the european cup in theyr own backyard! top motivated players as well! he had a far more easy situation then shearer would here, as the german team only had expectations to reach the final playoffs

(wich by all means should be done with the german team) and btw, they were not favorites, as they didnt qualify in the World Cup (hense the sacking of the last manager)

as it is for scouting networks, its for the club to set up, not for shearer (in that case) running around watching other players! but a manager who doesnt get contacted by bogus agents would be preffered! this is also a problem with the new board, they dont neccecearly have the right contacts to make this happend!

yes yes, shearer will give a 110%, dont you think other managers that come here will? right he has passion for the club, what happends if things doesnt turn out to be that good? bigger possibility for him to crash and burn than a experienced manager...

but i get your drift, and i think that would probably be the only valuable argument for shearer getting his hands dirty!

Among the British alternatives (Keegan and) Shearer is the best ones. Shearer will get more patience than other managers, he will have a support bigger than anybody. He will have a great influence to players that so far this season have looked uninspired, some times even lazy  :-[.

From the non-British alternatives, it's many I would welcome. But guess not many of them are realistic candidates. I have respect for Houllier, and it looks like he can be close to the job. But I hope Mort/Ashley put their eyes on candidates that haven't been in Premier League too. I'll repeat my support to previous Olympiacos manager Trond Sollied as an ecxiting alternative blueyes.gif

Trond Sollied was acually the head coach of a club in norway i was playing for (bodø-glimt), great personality! as much as i would love to see him here, im not sure he is the right one, but at least he would be very keen to take on this job! :)

just want to say a quota of him, you can find the same on wikipedia

"His preferred formation, 4-3-3, is not changed under almost any circumstances. He uses a zonal four-man defence, a holding midfielder behind two central midfielders, two wingers left and right and finally a powerful striker. He loves and adopts attacking football in all of his teams." this can become a problem if we get Trond Sollied...

i think its time for us to look elsewere then a British manager, we have tried and failed for so long now, maybe its time to shift focus

Totally agree

Heres a thought,

Alex Ferguson retires at the end of the season

Man u offer the job to Ryan Giggs..........yeah right

Alan Shearer should take a managerial job in a less pressurised situation to see if he has the qualitys required.

Just my opinion but i dont think he's managment material, infact a may benefit NUFC if he didn't interfere at all

Man United have every chance of winning 3 competitions this season. They're at the top of their game.

We're at a massive crossroads.

Two completely different cases.

Guest Brendan_Rice

I do not see why Shearer cannot be given a chance.  We have went for experience with the past 4-5 managers and won nothing, who is to say someone with experience is going to do any better than Sam.

I just think it wouldn't hurt.  Sam came in with all his experience and made stupid mistakes i.e. playing players out of position, daft formation for the players we have, negative tactics and substitutions...

At least with Shearer we know he will try to win every game, not play for draws against teams we should be beating. 

All the players know Shearer and he commands respect amoung them.  Sam lost the dressing room which is what I think ultimatly cost him, I can't ever see Shearer loosing the dressing room.

I would love soemone to come in and turn the club round, but I think it will take time and the person likely to get the most time from the fans is Shearer (I can't see any Newcastle supporter singing you don't know what your doing at him).

Lets hope whoever the f*ck it is turns us round and points us in the right direction again.

Keegans our man

not sure of that either, but it would be a much easyer appointment in my eyes! question is if he still got it?

Joda, Keegan og Shearer har det  O0 ( yes, Keegan and Shearer has what it takes) As proven before under Keegan, Robson and later Roeder/Shearer, having a manager that bleeds B and W is the most important.

I do not see why Shearer cannot be given a chance. We have went for experience with the past 4-5 managers and won nothing, who is to say someone with experience is going to do any better than Sam.

I just think it wouldn't hurt.  Sam came in with all his experience and made stupid mistakes i.e. playing players out of position, daft formation for the players we have, negative tactics and substitutions...

At least with Shearer we know he will try to win every game, not play for draws against teams we should be beating. 

All the players know Shearer and he commands respect amoung them.  Sam lost the dressing room which is what I think ultimatly cost him, I can't ever see Shearer loosing the dressing room.

I would love soemone to come in and turn the club round, but I think it will take time and the person likely to get the most time from the fans is Shearer (I can't see any Newcastle supporter singing you don't know what your doing at him).

Lets hope whoever the f*ck it is turns us round and points us in the right direction again.

So you really hope Mr. Shearer really gets the job? ok, fair enough

sure, i also want a manager who will want to win every game! everyone wants that! and im quite sure the next manager would do just that! Allerdyce was wierd in that way! Big Grin

you say fans wont be singing? what if he really doesnt know what he is doing??? he havent managed before you know ;)

sure he will have our respect and everything, but ill say it again, we have a hell of a lot of passion, and we will get on his back whatever legend status he has, if he cant perform!

then the question remains, will he shredd it off and start performing? or crash and burn?

Ok, lets Analyse the previous 5 managers :)

Sam Allardyce: unpeckable record at Bolton, is a proven manager, at least i think so! given the time.... he would turn Newcastle around for the better! however, how can you judge a manager who took over a mid table side, brought in what is it? 9 new players? and still keeps his team Mid table until half way trought the season? didnt perform a miracle, but hell, i didnt expect anything except a mid table finish, and he was providing it.... what killed him was booring football, and some dredfull performances!

Glenn Roeder: wonderstory of a caretaker who saved us from a mid table finish, and gave us intertoto! got appointed, and dissapointed! had problems with injuries, but should have brought in players to cover in that instance! had about 200games as a manager before he became our nr1! fairly experienced

Graeme Souness: hated by many, even before he came... did reach the semis in the uefa and fa cup, but inconsistency in the team and the purchases (whoever made them) was the kill of Graeme Souness. Souness was experienced, and might have made it if we had a proper man behind him in the board... but when you turn on your players, and vica verca. you are screwed!

of course had a major problem replacing Mr. Robson

Bobby Robson: i think Mr. Robson was a great manager, he had vast amounts of experience, and turned our club around! still has our record home win, and will have that for many more years! got us into champions league two years in a row! he as well had major problems with our former chairman, and got sacked becouse of that! one of our best managers ever in my opinion!

you want me to bring in more? fact is our club have had a massive change with a new board, hopefully they are more open to managers! im acually impressed how they handeled the entire Allerdyce situation, that he is not angry with us! i can assure you, if it was sheperd over there, things would be different!

Guest criminalz

Well...if the board seriously pick shearer. I will still support NUFC like before. at least it will get rid of the arguement once and for all.

Keegans our man

telt ya

And on the subject of come backs....

Take That are selling out arena's and getting 50,000 knickers moist every night and they had pretty much done f*** all since 1995.

I'll pray for Kev to come back for good and relight my fire. Everything changes or Could it be magic?

Sorry. Pre-dates yours.