Thank you Ruud Gullit

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Ridzuan

Well,to be honest with him,he is right to a small extent.We are definitely not a big club anymore,but other than that,he is speaking rubbish,well most of the times he always does.Im sure if he is given the opportunity to manage us again or LA Galaxy,he would have chosen us but its all over now.

Well,to be honest with him,he is right to a small extent.We are definitely not a big club anymore,but other than that,he is speaking rubbish,well most of the times he always does.Im sure if he is given the opportunity to manage us again or LA Galaxy,he would have chosen us but its all over now.

You are either a "big" club or you are not. We have always been a big club for over 100 years, that will not change.

In these modern 'finance-oriented' days, we are an even bigger club than in the past. For 15 years we have been the 5th biggest in England (except when we were 4th biggest) and our financial status in Europe has altered between 9th and (the current) 13th.

Now, with an English Multi-Billionaire as our owner, we have his wealth to add to our own - and the sky is the limit.  Remember "our own wealth" (produced annually from our business activities) will be huge now, with no interest to pay on debt repayments. Ashley will not, probably, need to top us up "Abramovich style" by very much at all - he already did it by paying off the debt!

I never know what people mean by a 'big' club, anyway?

Some people do not mean the club at all, whether they know it or not, they are really talking about 'the team', rather than the club.

Others are talking about success on the field. Currently there are four clubs in England doing better than any of us. That will, of course, change around, though there are a fair few people (mainly younger people) who think it is 'permanent' (for some reason)!

Others are only referring to the very-transient CURRENT (whenever 'current' may be) situation.  EG - "We are not a big club because CURRENTLY (right now) "we are not in Europe" / "we are not in the Champions League" / "we are not in the top six / top four / top 10" (or . .  whatever!!)

BIG CLUB STATUS IS SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT FLUCTUATE SO EASILY AS THAT!!

Anyway, our status will be confirmed over the next few years (even to the "inferiority-obsessed" young-uns on here!!!) by the Ashley / Mort / Keegan / Shearer? "new era" that is about to unfold.  SO exciting. So VERY exciting!

In my opinion, all this is, of course.

Guest Novocastrian

I think people are overestimating the strength of the Premier League. The current big four have dominated because, in fairness, the rest of the division is pretty dross. I think Keegan could take this present team, with 2 or 3 additions in this window, into the top 6 quite comfortably. That's without any huge names who may be on the way in the Summer.

The hard part will be gatecrashing at the top table but it is not impossible. With the financial backing Keegan will get its a real possibility. People keep saying how different and how much tougher the Premier League is now but when Keegan took Newcastle up into the Prem the first time round there was a group of clubs (Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Spurs) who had been in the top flight for years and they had been used to cleaning up the top honours and outmuscling smaller clubs for the best players. Keegan blew them apart.

Liverpool could soon implode, Chelsea will still find it tough to maintain the level of performance Mourinho's team are still reaching under Avram Grant. It's all their for the taking.

Start believing!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe some people are actually agreeing with this idiot.  Nobody expects Keegan to get us to 4th this season or to sign Kaka and Ronaldinho.  You're Newcastle fans for f*** sake, let the rest of the country believe the rubbish the papers spout, but don't buy into it yourselves.  Gullit is a fuckwit, he keeps harping on about "expectations" in that article but he never tells us what these expectations are in his opinion or what he thinks they should be (to be honest he wouldn't have a clue anyway which is likely why he doesn't specify anything).  People expect better Football this season now Keegan is hear, that isn't a high expectation.

Guest Knightrider

I think he has a right to feel bitter as that's what NUFC does to people. He is probably envious as fuck right now and will regard his lack of success at NUFC as a huge kick in the stones where his own career is concerned. He's never said anything bad about the club or fans though so I won't say anything bad about him. Amid all the hysteria, it's always good to have some balance, whether it's agreeable or not. In my eyes anyway.

Agreed CoachHTT. It takes a truly facile, empty-headed sort of c*** to think that the mere act of agreeing with Gullit's criticisms means you're not a real fan. :(

Oh dear, if your going to call me names then at least say it too me, not about me, ok?...  For the record I didn't question whether you're a fan because you agree with Gullit.  I questioned it because to me you come accross as the most negative self hating excuse for a supporter I've ever witnessed.  You're so eager to agree with anything negative about Newcastle that you find yourself agreeing that Roeder was a great coach, that Newcastle are impossible to manage and Spurs are bigger then Arsenal..  Now please, have some balls and actually reply to me next time..

Agreed CoachHTT. It takes a truly facile, empty-headed sort of c*** to think that the mere act of agreeing with Gullit's criticisms means you're not a real fan. :(

I bet you've never been to a Newcastle match in your life, fat Spanish waiter.  :lol:

Oh dear, if your going to call me names then at least say it too me, not about me, ok?...  For the record I didn't question whether you're a fan because you agree with Gullit.  I questioned it because to me you come accross as the most negative self hating excuse for a supporter I've ever witnessed.  You're so eager to agree with anything negative about Newcastle that you find yourself agreeing that Roeder was a great coach, that Newcastle are impossible to manage and Spurs are bigger then Arsenal..  Now please, have some balls and actually reply to me next time..

Well, I'm speechless. Have to say I have absolutely no idea where all that bilious nonsense you've just spouted about me comes from...but it's totally unfounded. I was merely suggesting that Ruud's view have as much legitimacy as anyone else's. And in any case, how arrogant are you to presume what I think or feel about this club?

And Mick: fuck off with the spanish waiter bollocks. :lol:

Well, I'm speechless. Have to say I have absolutely no idea where all that bilious nonsense you've just spouted about me comes from...but it's totally unfounded. I was merely suggesting that Ruud's view have as much legitimacy as anyone else's. And in any case, how arrogant are you to presume what I think or feel about this club?

And Mick: f*** off with the spanish waiter bollocks. :lol:

It wasn't me GM, I can only guess that somebody hacked my account.   :lol:

Well, I'm speechless. Have to say I have absolutely no idea where all that bilious nonsense you've just spouted about me comes from...but it's totally unfounded.

That's because, after looking back at past posts, I've realised I mistook you for someone else :blush:  I apologise..

Still can't agree at all that Gullit is 100% correct though and frankly even the parts where he could have some point (expectations) are so vague they're completely meaningless.

And Mick: f*** off with the spanish waiter bollocks. :lol:

It wasn't me GM, I can only guess that somebody hacked my account.   :lol:

:boomboom:

Aye, righty-ho Mick son. :laugh:

Well, I'm speechless. Have to say I have absolutely no idea where all that bilious nonsense you've just spouted about me comes from...but it's totally unfounded.

That's because, after looking back at past posts, I've realised I mistook you for someone else :blush:  I apologise..

Still can't agree at all that Gullit is 100% correct though and frankly even the parts where he could have some point (expectations) are so vague they're complete meaningless.

Aye well...in fairness I shouldn't have said "100% correct" about Gullit's remarks.

From The Times

January 21, 2008

Celestine Babayaro reunited with Ruud Gullit after Galaxy move

Celestine Babayaro has agreed a three-year deal with Los Angeles Galaxy after being released by Newcastle United. The left back, 29, will play under Ruud Gullit, who signed him for Chelsea in 1997.

From The Times

January 21, 2008

Celestine Babayaro reunited with Ruud Gullit after Galaxy move

Celestine Babayaro has agreed a three-year deal with Los Angeles Galaxy after being released by Newcastle United. The left back, 29, will play under Ruud Gullit, who signed him for Chelsea in 1997.

Proof that shite sticks together then.