PLC

Crumpy Gunt

Last before - first after.

Perhaps KK knew the scum c***s were after lining their own pockets at our expense.

5th best over the last decade, fact.   :lol:

Seriously though, we've had a massive lift with his appointment, that wouldn't have happened without Ashley and Mort.  Whatever happens, I don't think anybody can question them anymore regarding ambition, they want the club to go in a certain direction and they’ve done something about it.  I wasn't calling for the appointment of Keegan and I'm a bit surprised how I feel about it, it's possibly irrational but who cares, I'm just going to enjoy it.

Guest nufc_geordie

Perhaps KK knew the scum c***s were after lining their own pockets at our expense.

5th best over the last decade, fact.   :lol:

Seriously though, we've had a massive lift with his appointment, that wouldn't have happened without Ashley and Mort.  Whatever happens, I don't think anybody can question them anymore regarding ambition, they want the club to go in a certain direction and theyve done something about it.  I wasn't calling for the appointment of Keegan and I'm a bit surprised how I feel about it, it's possibly irrational but who cares, I'm just going to enjoy it.

There is a certain irrationality about the way I feel at the moment. I was against the appointment on the grounds you should never go back and I didn't think he had the heart or the mental capacity to do it anymore, who knows, he might not, but the more I heard him speak the more infectious he became and the more excited and optimistic I became! One thing is right, it's not going to be a boring 3 and a half month until the end of the season!

Perhaps KK knew the scum cunts were after lining their own pockets at our expense.

Have you read the chapter in his book about it mate?

I haven't. What are his thoughts?

Just how some suit came in and was telling him he was going to have sell Shearer or Ferdinand to balance the books and things such as that. He was absolutely astounded that this bloke who knew nothing about football came in and was telling what players he had to sell etc and that's when he knew that was it.

Guest nufc_geordie

Aye that's it, he is a football man through and he wanted the business side ran as a business and the football side to be his. To have in his eyes a totally unqualified guy dictating the playing staff and buying and selling of players was when he first said that the game wasn't the one he was involved with as a player and when he first started out managing.

They even offered him a big new contract according to him in his book to get him to stay but he walked on moral grounds!

Someone mentioned how infectious Keegan has been since his re-arrival. Its so true when the news first broke I was so so, but the more I seen of him and then the press conference I was actually chuffed to be bits. How can you fail to support this man so far, he knows the exact words to say. I can't wait for the game later, even though I will be watching on tele I am sure that the atomshpere will come through loud and clear.

I really hope the result goes the right way today, with the crowd that will be roaring the players on we are set up for a win.

Come on the Toon. Unfinished buiness Keegan please lead us to the finished buiness and hopefully glory.

It was Douglas Hall and Shepherd who told him he had to sell players, they asked how much he'd get for Kitson because they needed to pay back £6 million they owed, they couldn't borrow more until they paid that back iirc which baffled Keegan as he couldn't see the point in selling players he thought he could rely on to sign similar players he didn't.

Is there any truth in the rumour that Keegan had wanted to sign Beppe Signori at the time, and the suits had vetoed it, and that on top of everything else, that was the straw that broke the camel's back for Keegan?

It was Douglas Hall and Shepherd who told him he had to sell players, they asked how much he'd get for Kitson because they needed to pay back £6 million they owed, they couldn't borrow more until they paid that back iirc which baffled Keegan as he couldn't see the point in selling players he thought he could rely on to sign similar players he didn't.

Hope they didn't expect to get £6m for Kitson :D

Fucking shame we didnt sign Signori. Great left foot, great finisher and natural ability, could have been a big player for us in the same way Zola was for Chelsea - the Premiership at the time was easy pickings for technical players because of its open nature, a fair few Serie A forwards came over and made big impacts at that time.