Updated: Keegan & the group of players he inherited (their futures?)

Guest Knightrider

Milner was our best man today - at least he put some effort in and tried to go past his man. Put so called bigger name players to shame.

What has he contributed so far this season though?

Milner is forever trying to go past his man, but can't, because he's simply not good enough.  He has neither pace nor "a trick" to get him the extra yard to do something useful with the ball.  On the rare ocassion he does get that extra yard, his crossing/passing is usually piss poor anyway.

In terms of value to the team, compared to amount of money we could sell him for he should be first out of the door.

I agree with the first part. Very sad that he looks our "best player" in many a game. Speaks volumes.

The second part, I don't know. Do you really think we could get that much for him. He'd be a very good squad player.

Milner was our best man today - at least he put some effort in and tried to go past his man. Put so called bigger name players to shame.

Milner is forever trying to go past his man, but can't, because he's simply not good enough.  He has neither pace nor "a trick" to get him the extra yard to do something useful with the ball.  On the rare ocassion he does get that extra yard, his crossing/passing is usually piss poor anyway.

In terms of value to the team, compared to amount of money we could sell him for he should be first out of the door.

I agree with the first part. Very sad that he looks our "best player" in many a game. Speaks volumes.

The second part, I don't know. Do you really think we could get that much for him. He'd be a very good squad player.

I dont think he'd be prepared to be a squad player, and I think he's more highly rated by people who haven't seen him much, ie., other clubs fans.  I reckon we could get our money back easy.

Ask brummie if he'd take him for £5million

Football is something more than "attributes". A team of 11 Ronaldinho will never win anything. If your understanding of Milner is just "no pace nor technique to cross a ball" then fuck off. Even a shit manager will be able to tell why Milner plays a lot better than Duff today.

And again, WTF are you talking about "no tricks"? Milner is technically the best in our squad apart from Emre FFS. It's easy to bash Milner by suggesting N'Zogbia is a lot better while the truth is everyone knows N'Zogbia doesn't deserve to rot in Newcastle while another Irish winger is just a pile of shit. Under this circumstances Milner is "the first out of the door"? Jesus Christ, have mercy on your head.

Football is something more than "attributes". A team of 11 Ronaldinho will never win anything. If your understanding of Milner is just "no pace nor technique to cross a ball" then fuck off. Even a shit manager will be able to tell why Milner plays a lot better than Duff today.

And again, WTF are you talking about "no tricks"? Milner is technically the best in our squad apart from Emre FFS. It's easy to bash Milner by suggesting N'Zogbia is a lot better while the truth is everyone knows N'Zogbia doesn't deserve to rot in Newcastle while another Irish winger is just a pile of shit. Under this circumstances Milner is "the first out of the door"? Jesus Christ, have mercy on your head.

Oh dear :lol:

The painful truth is while Milner isn't up to "your" standard he is already the best option WE HAVE AND WE MAY HAVE. Out of the door? Ask Keegan to find a player WHO IS WILLING TO COME AND BETTER THAN MILNER. Mind you two weeks after his "dream factory declaration" he conceded that he couldn't find anyone who can really improves the team and forced to sign a few 17-18 years old.

Wake up FFS. The first one out of the door?

The painful truth is while Milner isn't up to "your" standard he is already the best option WE HAVE AND WE MAY HAVE. Out of the door? Ask Keegan to find a player WHO IS WILLING TO COME AND BETTER THAN MILNER. Mind you two weeks after his "dream factory declaration" he conceded that he couldn't find anyone who can really improves the team and forced to sign a few 17-18 years old.

Wake up FFS. The first one out of the door?

You need to read all my posts.  In terms of a return in financial terms compared to what he produces on the pitch then I'd get rid in an instant.

His contribution this season has been nil.  If we're relying on Milner, we're fucked tbh

Guest Toongaboom

Duff

Given

Carr

Ameobi

Butt

Smith

Owen

Cacapa

Viduka

etc....

ALL OUT.

ps. F*****who said that Fullham is really desperate because they have 36Y Litmanen....WE NEED HIM!....

The right wing should be the first position we strengthen, then centre midfield, Milner is clearly a decent lad but as far as football goes we should be looking for better than him. A very average player, on par with Etherinton at West Ham ability wise.

You need to read all my posts.  In terms of a return in financial terms compared to what he produces on the pitch then I'd get rid in an instant.

His contribution this season has been nil.  If we're relying on Milner, we're f***** tbh

5m? 10m? And WTF we have to measure it financially when we aren't under financial pressure? We are not lack of money---we just aren't able to attract players, and probably end of another few 60k ppw silly signings.

His contribution has been Nil? Suggest a players other than N'Zogbia and Beye who contributes more than Milner, please.

Rely on who then? Just go on. I simply don't understand WTF is Milner "the first one out of the door". Players like Quaresma simply don't give a damn towards our offer and we even don't wanna pay a few m for Barnes. We didn't go to South America to search Solano the 2nd and players like Young were regarded as a joke here a year ago. Tell me WTF is the rationale behind "Milner the first one out of door".

His contribution this season has been nil.  If we're relying on Milner, we're f***** tbh

5m? 10m? And WTF we have to measure it financially when we aren't under financial pressure? We are not lack of money---we just aren't able to attract players, and probably end of another few 60k ppw silly signings.

His contribution has been Nil? Suggest a players other than N'Zogbia and Beye who contributes more than Milner, please.

Rely on who then? Just go on. I simply don't understand WTF is Milner "the first one out of the door". Players like Quaresma simply don't give a damn towards our offer and we even don't wanna pay a few m for Barnes. We didn't go to South America to search Solano the 2nd and players like Young were regarded as a joke here a year ago. Tell me WTF is the rationale behind "Milner the first one out of door".

He's not good enough.  And the money we'd receive could be better spent.  We could get Barnes with what we'd receive for Milner.  I'd rather give Barnes a chance to prove he can make it, rather than watch another 2 years of Milner proving he can't.

Milner certainly hasnt been our 3rd best player this season after NZogbia and Faye as you'd suggest.  You need to make your mind up about N'Zogbia anyway, you were saying he wasn't as good as Milner about 5 or 6 posts ago :lol:

He's not good enough.  And the money we'd receive could be better spent.  We could get Barnes with what we'd receive for Milner.  I'd rather give Barnes a chance to prove he can make it, rather than watch another 2 years of Milner proving he can't.

Milner certainly hasnt been our 3rd best player this season after NZogbia and Faye as you'd suggest.  You need to make your mind up about N'Zogbia anyway, you were saying he wasn't as good as Milner about 5 or 6 posts ago :lol:

We don't need this amount of money. If we need that 5m to buy Barnes then we are finished. You won't disagree with this right? And the problem is our management don't think Barnes worths that 5m. The end of story. You are suggesting we should get rid of Milner first because we can bring in a better one, while what I think is that we are extremely unlikely to bring in a player better than Milner. The best case is already Barnes who is also a gamble and this won't satisfy the fans here ah? After Keegan's poor January transfer window everyone is thinking "we will use 30-40m to build our dream factory this summer" and it ends up another gamble. Actually it's really a "dream factory"---you should also understand the chance of getting in the right players is extremely low, especially after such a pathetic season.

To be honest if I am Keegan I will try to dig some gems from South America as there are plenty of good wingers, but he is now going for "premiership proven" players. Suggest someone who is willing to come and better than Milner please. I hope it isn't Routledge.

N'Zogbia doesn't deserve to rot in Newcastle---He should play for Arsenal. I wonder how can you interpret this as "Milner is better".

We don't need this amount of money. If we need that 5m to buy Barnes then we are finished. You won't disagree with this right? And the problem is our management don't think Barnes worths that 5m. The end of story. You are suggesting we should get rid of Milner first because we can bring in a better one, while what I think is that we are extremely unlikely to bring in a player better than Milner. The best case is already Barnes who is also a gamble and this won't satisfy the fans here ah? After Keegan's poor January transfer window everyone is thinking "we will use 30-40m to build our dream factory this summer" and it ends up another gamble. Actually it's really a "dream factory"---you should also understand the chance of getting in the right players is extremely low, especially after such a pathetic season.

To be honest if I am Keegan I will try to dig some gems from South America as there are plenty of good wingers, but he is now going for "premiership proven" players. Suggest someone who is willing to come and better than Milner please. I hope it isn't Routledge.

N'Zogbia doesn't deserve to rot in Newcastle---He should play for Arsenal. I wonder how can you interpret this as "Milner is better".

I misunderstood your point about NZogbia, apologies for that

We'll be back in for Barnes in the summer, and if we get him, there's little point in keeping Milner.

I realise we won't come to an agreement on this, but I still say if we're relying on him we're fucked, because he simply isnt good enough.

Quite remarkably it seems like Carr is always getting a few chances to impress, no matter who the manager is. I don't get it, every toon fan can see it, this lad is just not good enough to play for nufc, or PL for that matter. I'd rather play myself.

Quite remarkably it seems like Carr is always getting a few chances to impress, no matter who the manager is. I don't get it, every toon fan can see it, this lad is just not good enough to play for nufc, or PL for that matter. I'd rather play myself.

carr had done ok for keegan in beyes absence to be honest. be interesting to see who keegan plays left back from now on. enrique would be my choice.