Beckham

Guest sicko2ndbest

I tend to listen to Talksport even though in recent times its started to niggle at me.

But for fucks sake. Today they have had "David Beckham Day". Playing loads of clips and interviewing various people from his past.

They even had Ian Abrahams trawling around East London visiting his Junior school and some pub he once collected glasses at.

To be fair, getting 100 caps is a pretty rare achievement. Its not as if it happens to everyone is it?

Agree with Alex's post aswell btw.

No thanks, I want this club to move forward without a joke signing like this. Skinny bitch posh would never agree to come and David would be injured all the time.

I'd like to ignore this and move on but no doubt it'll crop up again.

I've often wondered what his profile as a footballer would be if he hadn't married a Spice Girl. It gave him celebrity status all over the world, and I think it's influenced a lot of people's opinion about him as a footballer - ie he's famous, so he must be good.

Really? I always thought he was afforded bit of extra respect because, despite being ridiculoulsy famous, he was always 100% committed on the pitch and continued to dig England out of holes throughout his career (apart from in France 98 obviously).

Yep, that's how I see it too.

I wasn't questioning his commitment, or his courage in the face of adversity. More the perception of his level of basic ability. I'd see him as a good player, but not a great one.

The likes of Keane and Scholes were far better players, but haven't had the international reputation that Beckham seems to enjoy.

Guest shearer_united

Though the move will Not happen, atleast Solano isnt here anymore to threaten beckham in giving him a bad time. :)