The all new official Albert Luque megathread

Guest Harry-Norway

Alternatively his price could drop the longer he stays here (plus we're still paying his wages) a la Viana.

True, but just as likely he could come good if given a chance, no?

I believe (just my opinion mind) that if he gets a good run in the team he'll start repaying some of that fee back.

Maybe but I think there's less chance of him coming good. Just my opinion like. Hope I'm wrong or we at least get some decent cash for him. From what I've seen of him though, I'm not even sure where he should play exactly, seems like a luxury player without enough end product.

I think the chances of him succeeding are slim as well, sadly. I can't see a place for him in the team at the moment for him to get that run of games to prove himself or otherwise.

As much as I want to see him succeed and for us to get some value for our money out of him, I concede we would probably be better off cutting our losses because the only way he's going to show he's a 9.5m player is by starting every game in his natural position (whatever that is ;)) and unless we fail to bring in the strikers we badly need or a major injury happens to N'Zogbia or Duff, I can't see that happening.

The criticism from some fans and the local media is way OTT however in my opinion and the whole feeling towards Luque since he arrived from some leaves a sour taste in the mouth that makes me wonder why we even try to sign foreign players because at the first sign of trouble they become "heartless, money grabbing bastards".

I'm also of the opinion that should we peddle Luque for a big loss, that will send out a negative message to prospective foreign transfer targets not to come to Newcastle unless they have a Geordie nana or something.

Ah, well...

:roll:

The criticism of Luque is nowt to do with him being a foreigner, it is to do with him lacking effort, heart and desire to play for the club. It starts with him, if he puts that right he will not be criticised for those things.

Shouldn't have to be said, tbh.

I must admit that I didn't know much about the lad until he came to us. Last seaon was a bit of a bad one for him for various reasons but on the other hand he hasn't really settled in yet has he.....no thanks to "fans" hurling abuse at him. He cost us near 10m quid so i'm sure there's something in him ready to burst out :) I suppose it's more of a feeling than anything else but when players have good ball control and quality they will come good sooner or later.

Mate, Jermaine Jenas cost Spurs £7m and the only thing waiting to burst out of him is his mobile.  Price means nothing.

Where from?

Guest ChickenKiev

I must admit that I didn't know much about the lad until he came to us. Last seaon was a bit of a bad one for him for various reasons but on the other hand he hasn't really settled in yet has he.....no thanks to "fans" hurling abuse at him. He cost us near 10m quid so i'm sure there's something in him ready to burst out :) I suppose it's more of a feeling than anything else but when players have good ball control and quality they will come good sooner or later.

Mate, Jermaine Jenas cost Spurs £7m and the only thing waiting to burst out of him is his mobile.  Price means nothing.

Spurs did a hell of a lot better than us last season....with the help of Jenas! I expect, for them, it was a good deal

Guest Howaythetoon

Gee it's amazing how many people on here think they know whats going on at the club and it's amazing how they think they know what Roeder is thinking or seeing with Luque let's just wait and see if by the January we see nothing from him then by all means off load him.

Why? It doesn't matter that he did **** all last season, why should it matter if he does **** all between now and January?

He should be binned asap.

well considering he had an injury like he did I don't think there are many players playing today who would recover and do a lot more, so I don't see your point!

He'd recovered by Xmas from that first injury, fancy expecting him to do something in those last 5 months of the season eh?

In the few games or so he got?

Lets not forget either that all but Shay and Parker were playing absolute shite until Souness left, only then did others pick up their game. Under Roeder however Luque never got a chance, when he has, he's scored twice in what amounts to 4 starts or something.

Footballers have to do something during the week between games. Despite everyone else picking up following the departure of souness, Luque didn't pick up and probably wasn't doing whatever Roeder was expecting from him day to day, otherwise he would have featured more than he did. If you don't agree please have a guess why you think Luque wasn't an automatic choice, given that he is WORLD CLASS.

Why did Roeder praise him for his training, then? I just think Roeder doesn't fancy him that much in any position, managers do that rightly or wrongly. I think you are reading too much into his non-selection under Roeder likewise those that claim Roeder has a personal problem with him. I don't think he does, I just think he doesn't like what he sees or sees a place for him in the team. SBR didn't really fancy Bowyer in the middle for some reason, Souness didn't fancy Milner for some reason. It happens.

You expect him to come out in public and say he's shit in training? Or just shit anyway? Do you always hang off what these people say as though every word that comes out of their mouth is the truth? Bloody hell!

No I just jump to assumptions  :roll:

Your opinion is conjecture, a reading between the lines. Roeder praising Luque is fact, I have no reason to not believe what he is saying given that Nobby, Parker, Shearer, Shay and others have all claimed Luque has impressed in training too and watching warm up sessions with my own two eyes also suggests he's not a poor trainer.

I remember you regularly bringing some off the cuff comments from Supermac claiming Souness had grabbed Bellamy by the throat to condemn Souness. Do you always hang off what these people say as though every word that comes out of their mouth is the truth? Bloody hell!

First bit in bold...... Based on the fact Roeder doesn't select Luque unless he more or less has no alternative. Care to tell me why he isn't being regularly selected?

Second bit in bold..... Your lies don't surprise me anymore, so I couldn't care less what you think you remember.

1. Fact = Roeder didn't select him. Reason = Doesn't fancy him - my opinion. Fact = Roeder and others praised Luque for his efforts in training.

2. Lies? You were the one who claimed Souness should have been sacked for grabbing Bellamy by the throat were you not?

Guest Howaythetoon

Alternatively his price could drop the longer he stays here (plus we're still paying his wages) a la Viana.

I believe (just my opinion mind) that if he gets a good run in the team he'll start repaying some of that fee back.

Maybe but I think there's less chance of him coming good. Just my opinion like. Hope I'm wrong or we at least get some decent cash for him. From what I've seen of him though, I'm not even sure where he should play exactly, seems like a luxury player without enough end product.

I think the chances of him succeeding are slim as well, sadly. I can't see a place for him in the team at the moment for him to get that run of games to prove himself or otherwise.

As much as I want to see him succeed and for us to get some value for our money out of him, I concede we would probably be better off cutting our losses because the only way he's going to show he's a 9.5m player is by starting every game in his natural position (whatever that is ;)) and unless we fail to bring in the strikers we badly need or a major injury happens to N'Zogbia or Duff, I can't see that happening.

The criticism from some fans and the local media is way OTT however in my opinion and the whole feeling towards Luque since he arrived from some leaves a sour taste in the mouth that makes me wonder why we even try to sign foreign players because at the first sign of trouble they become "heartless, money grabbing bastards".

I'm also of the opinion that should we peddle Luque for a big loss, that will send out a negative message to prospective foreign transfer targets not to come to Newcastle unless they have a Geordie nana or something.

Ah, well...

The criticism of Luque is nowt to do with him being a foreigner, it is to do with him lacking effort, heart and desire to play for the club. It starts with him, if he puts that right he will not be criticised for those things.

Tell that to the cunts behind me the other week.

Gee it's amazing how many people on here think they know whats going on at the club and it's amazing how they think they know what Roeder is thinking or seeing with Luque let's just wait and see if by the January we see nothing from him then by all means off load him.

Why? It doesn't matter that he did **** all last season, why should it matter if he does **** all between now and January?

well considering he had an injury like he did I don't think there are many players playing today who would recover and do a lot more, so I don't see your point!

He'd recovered by Xmas from that first injury, fancy expecting him to do something in those last 5 months of the season eh?

Lets not forget either that all but Shay and Parker were playing absolute shite until Souness left, only then did others pick up their game. Under Roeder however Luque never got a chance, when he has, he's scored twice in what amounts to 4 starts or something.

Footballers have to do something during the week between games. Despite everyone else picking up following the departure of souness, Luque didn't pick up and probably wasn't doing whatever Roeder was expecting from him day to day, otherwise he would have featured more than he did. If you don't agree please have a guess why you think Luque wasn't an automatic choice, given that he is WORLD CLASS.

Why did Roeder praise him for his training, then? I just think Roeder doesn't fancy him that much in any position, managers do that rightly or wrongly. I think you are reading too much into his non-selection under Roeder likewise those that claim Roeder has a personal problem with him. I don't think he does, I just think he doesn't like what he sees or sees a place for him in the team. SBR didn't really fancy Bowyer in the middle for some reason, Souness didn't fancy Milner for some reason. It happens.

You expect him to come out in public and say he's shit in training? Or just shit anyway? Do you always hang off what these people say as though every word that comes out of their mouth is the truth? Bloody hell!

Your opinion is conjecture, a reading between the lines. Roeder praising Luque is fact, I have no reason to not believe what he is saying given that Nobby, Parker, Shearer, Shay and others have all claimed Luque has impressed in training too and watching warm up sessions with my own two eyes also suggests he's not a poor trainer.

I remember you regularly bringing some off the cuff comments from Supermac claiming Souness had grabbed Bellamy by the throat to condemn Souness. Do you always hang off what these people say as though every word that comes out of their mouth is the truth? Bloody hell!

First bit in bold...... Based on the fact Roeder doesn't select Luque unless he more or less has no alternative. Care to tell me why he isn't being regularly selected?

Second bit in bold..... Your lies don't surprise me anymore, so I couldn't care less what you think you remember.

1. Fact = Roeder didn't select him. Reason = Doesn't fancy him - my opinion. Fact = Roeder and others praised Luque for his efforts in training.

2. Lies? You were the one who claimed Souness should have been sacked for grabbing Bellamy by the throat were you not?

I said IF the manager of an employee assaulted that employee they should be sacked, yes. In the case of Souness, you said he should be given all the money he needs to build his own team before being judged. I said he would waste the money and fúck up the club. You called me a wanker.

Spurs did a hell of a lot better than us last season....with the help of Jenas! I expect, for them, it was a good deal

Not really, they were only two places above us and Jenas was very average when I saw them.

Guest Gemmill

You're missing the point.....we know how good Jenas is.  He's shit.  And yet we flogged him for £7m.  Price.  Means.  Nothing.

The whole team lacked effort, heart and desire in the first half against Lillestrom at St James', but Luque was the only player getting stick. At times it seems that everything that goes wrong on the pitch is Luque's fault. There are too many people out there determined to see him fail and for that reason I don't think he'll make it here. I do however think he'll go somewhere else and be a success, just as he was at Deportivo. Eventually attitudes will change, but it'll take time.

Guest ChickenKiev

YOU'RE missing the point mate. Spurs don't think he's shit and probably think he was worth the 7m.  Just what we should think of Luque...you never know it might help him settle eh?  :winking:

Guest Howaythetoon

I said IF the manager of an employee assaulted that employee they should be sacked, yes.

Ah, it's an if now.  :lol:

Cheers

As for this

In the case of Souness, you said he should be given all the money he needs to build his own team before being judged. I said he would waste the money and fúck up the club. You called me a wanker.

Wrong I said back him or sack him as noted in this article http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcviews/truthordare.shtml

As for calling you a wanker, can you prove this or is this one of your lies again? BTW I do think you're a wanker, but can't remember calling you one. Maybe you read my mind, you're good at that...  :roll:

Ah, well...

I'm sure you didn't.

Guest Howaythetoon

Ah, well...

I'm sure you didn't.

Did't what?

Riddles man, riddles.

I said IF the manager of an employee assaulted that employee they should be sacked, yes.

Ah, it's an if now.  :lol:

Cheers

As for this

In the case of Souness, you said he should be given all the money he needs to build his own team before being judged. I said he would waste the money and fúck up the club. You called me a wanker.

Wrong I said back him or sack him as noted in this article http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcviews/truthordare.shtml

As for calling you a wanker, can you prove this or is this one of your lies again? BTW I do think you're a wanker, but can't remember calling you one. Maybe you read my mind, you're good at that...  :roll:

Starting to lose it, mate????

Guest Gemmill

YOU'RE missing the point mate. Spurs don't think he's shit and probably think he was worth the 7m.  Just what we should think of Luque...you never know it might help him settle eh?  :winking:

I'll think he's worth £9.5m when he looks it, not before. :cool:

Guest Howaythetoon

Ho ho ho  :lol:

PS Never had it to start with  :thup:

Hmm, just looks like you've been doing a bit of 'research' there, mate. Can't think why, it's just a forum ffs. Calm down, take a valium, or something.

You should listen to your own advice then before accusing people of lacking balls, honour, integrity, having an axe to grind, an agenda, saying what I say to get hits and "fucking every forum you've been a part of for anyone over the age of 15". It's just a forum ffs. Calm down, take a valium, or something.  :lol: :thup:

Hmm, just looks like you've been doing a bit of 'research' there, mate. Can't think why, it's just a forum ffs. Calm down, take a valium, or something.

You should listen to your own advice then before accusing people of lacking balls, honour, integrity, having an axe to grind, an agenda, saying what I say to get hits and "fucking every forum you've been a part of for anyone over the age of 15". It's just a forum ffs. Calm down, take a valium, or something.  :lol: :thup:

But, but, but..... why would taking a valium stop me posting the truth?

Guest Howaythetoon

But, but, but..... why would taking a valium stop me posting the truth?

What truth?! Riddles again! You should write kids books.

ANTI Luque brigade...FORGET last year...Consider Luque a NEW signing...OK

Let's see how good he is...Hopefully Roeder will play him more often than 5 to 10 minutes towards the tail of an already have been decided game...

Let's see how good he is...Hopefully Roeder will play him more often than 5 to 10 minutes towards the tail of an already have been decided game...

Are your posts coded messages btw?

Are your posts coded messages btw?

Ask Gemmill :lol: