The all new official Albert Luque megathread

Guest Harry-Norway

Should be sold as soon as poss for best price available - another Marcelino in the making here.

Spanish players have not , apart from those under a Spanish manager at L/Pool , been a great success in the EPL.

Duff is a great replacement , and the money is needed for a CF.

Also , Luque is 28 - not much time to improve - even Viana was deemed unlikely to make it in EPL & he was only 21.

Exactly. Not many people know that scientists have extracted a gene within Spaniards that we now know prevents them from playing physically rough, fast football, and eventually causes them to feign injuries to avoid playing.

Using this evidence, these scientists have also established that Fabregas is in fact Scottish.

Should be sold as soon as poss for best price available - another Marcelino in the making here.

Spanish players have not , apart from those under a Spanish manager at L/Pool , been a great success in the EPL.

Duff is a great replacement , and the money is needed for a CF.

Also , Luque is 28 - not much time to improve - even Viana was deemed unlikely to make it in EPL & he was only 21.

Exactly. Not many people know that scientists have extracted a gene within Spaniards that we now know prevents them from playing physically rough, fast football, and eventually causes them to feign injuries to avoid playing.

Using this evidence, these scientists have also established that Fabregas is in fact Scottish.

bluelaugh.gif

Only evidence anybody should need has been the lack of effort and desire to play for the club shown by Luque. Can't believe the support this bloke gets.

I suspect Roeder has the bloke sussed out,  If the club can get back half what was paid for Luque I think they'd have to take it, so let's hope a club somewhere makes an acceptable offer and he isn't here much longer.

Only evidence anybody should need has been the lack of effort and desire to play for the club shown by Luque. Can't believe the support this bloke gets.

I suspect Roeder has the bloke sussed out,  If the club can get back half what was paid for Luque I think they'd have to take it, so let's hope a club somewhere makes an acceptable offer and he isn't here much longer.

Evidence that only very few people like you see tbh

If we sell Luque for less than 3M, because Roeder is holding grudges either from last season or from this latest game, then its shit management tbh. Its Souness V Bellamy all over again, not the same proportion but same shit man management nevertheless.

Cant see why Luque would feign an injury, he looked pleased scoring last week and by all accounts must have fancied himself yesterday.

bluesigh.gif get a grip man.

Nobody has said he feigned an injury.

What people are saying is that some players will play through the pain barrier and others won't.

I'm no fan of Ameobi (i think he's shit to be homest) but fair play to the kid he always soldiers on regardless of injuries or illness.

Luque on the other hand is a great talent, possibly not suited to the English game and also seems not to want to push himself that bit extra when required ie he won't play through the pain barrier regardless of how light on numbers we are up front.

If we sell Luque for less than 3M, because Roeder is holding grudges either from last season or from this latest game, then its shit management tbh. Its Souness V Bellamy all over again, not the same proportion but same shit man management nevertheless.

Cant see why Luque would feign an injury, he looked pleased scoring last week and by all accounts must have fancied himself yesterday.

What people are saying is that some players will play through the pain barrier and others won't.

I'm no fan of Ameobi (i think he's shit to be homest) but fair play to the kid he always soldiers on regardless of injuries or illness.

Luque on the other hand is a great talent, possibly not suited to the English game and also seems not to want to push himself that bit extra when required ie he won't play through the pain barrier regardless of how light on numbers we are up front.

If you have blisters on ur feet, u'll find it almost impossible to run much less play football

If it was the bad back i've heard, has anyone hear had a bad back? i suffered with mine for years when i was younger and would struggle to walk somedays let alone play a full 90 minute match.

If you have blisters on ur feet, u'll find it almost impossible to run much less play football

Shirley Netto managed it and scored 2 goals to boot - tucked.

If it was the bad back i've heard, has anyone hear had a bad back? i suffered with mine for years when i was younger and would struggle to walk somedays let alone play a full 90 minute match.

I heard it was a bad back, not true though

i've suffered off and on with a bad back for years as well and the best thing for it is exercise. i had 12 months of physio for mine all aimed at getting me more active and mobile culminating in a load of free gym sessions at gateshead NHS's expense under physio supervision. If i get any twinges or pain at all now i go for a run or do some exercises and hey presto it lossens it up and kills the pain.

Physios used to say to us at the group sessions that excercise makes the body produce natural pain killers hence the term "run it off".

I don't believe the bad back thing, the whinging twat cried off because of blisters end of.

i've suffered off and on with a bad back for years as well and the best thing for it is exercise. i had 12 months of physio for mine all aimed at getting me more active and mobile culminating in a load of free gym sessions at gateshead NHS's expense under physio supervision. If i get any twinges or pain at all now i go for a run or do some exercises and hey presto it lossens it up and kills the pain.

Physios used to say to us at the group sessions that excercise makes the body produce natural pain killers hence the term "run it off".

I don't believe the bad back thing, the whinging **** cried off because of blisters end of.

THat's not necessary, it's a new season, he has said he wants to do well and if he could have played im sure he would have. Imagine if he had put himself through it (it's very hard to run with blisters) and hand't played very well because of it, you know what people would say: "gutless...." etc.

Guest Ross51288

i've suffered off and on with a bad back for years as well and the best thing for it is exercise.

depends the severity, I badly damaged my lower back numerous times and that needed one thing and one thing only- rest. any form of activity only prolonged the injury. At it's worst I couldn't walk or sit down properly.

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!

he had blisters! I know Gerrard once missed a game cos of it, and he is 'well hard'. Many many players get blisters in pre season (Most england players in 2002 WC iirc), i got them just standing at the game yesterday in the heat so sounds a fairly sensible decision.

Either find a proper reason to dislike Luque (Robert, Kluivert, Viana) or shut up, please!

Need to get rid of Luque.

This is not knee jerk as i think he is a decent player. However, if we can get 4-5 million back from him plus the 50,000+ a week he is on, this will go a long way to securing Klose, or someone of more suitable attributes.

The spanish clubs still love him, and i reckon if the Torres deal goes through Athletico would be more than willing to take him for this price.

I feel sorry for him because i think he is making all the right noises about wanting to stay, howver, it is strkingly obvious Roeder dosnt fancy him, only playing him as last option. 

You may well be right, but lets wait and see. I trust Glenn to get this right and i dont think Glenn will take any crap from Luque either. Maybe its innocent and we are over analysing things.  I'm not a big Luque fan at all and personally i'd sell him if we got a decent price for him i.e. around £6m. But if he's desperate to impress maybe Glenn will give him another shot.

Before the Duff signing I'd have kept him, but assuming there's two strikers coming in, I don't see where he'd fit in..and he's far too expensive to be a sub. Will go back to someone like Sevilla, win back his Spanish squad place and return to becoming a very good player.

He will be sold.

if he is to be sold, then I hope it will be in excess of 5M, otherwise its poor man management by Roeder and poor decision making by the board as we dont have the money to sell our asset at lower par value. If we cant get a decent deal, then we should hold on to him, play him when we need to, hope that he improves (which I'm confident he will), then sell him later once his value appreciates.

He will be sold.... on proving all his doubters wrong and doing his best for this club.

Was obviously what you meant to say.  :winking:

Im not sure which way it will go with Luque to be honest, he seems intent on staying, Nobby has backed him and Roeder has said he needs to take his oppurtunity.

Id rather keep him and get his confidence back, he is a quality player but the injury and the premiership has knocked him flat on his arse and he is struggling, like Roeder says the club can only do so much for a player, the rest he has to do for himself.

It wouldnt suprise me to see him offloaded, but it wouldnt also suprise me to see him still here for the season at least. I hope its the latter because we need to have quality strength in depth and if he does come good we will have a fantastic player on our books. Whether we can afford to keep him on those wages is another matter.

Alpal who do you  think knows Luque better... The supporters or the man who see's him week in week out at training?

Luque has plenty of ability, but imo I think Roeder has seen things he doesn't like, whether it be commitment or attitude or whatever.

I too hope that we get a reasonable amount of money back.

Guest Gemmill

Never has a player that has given so little inspired so much support from so many (Churchillian, no?).  I wouldn't mind if he looked like he gave even half a shit about playing for Newcastle in his time here, or if he didn't look bothered but looked like his ability could outweight that.  He's been lacking in every department and yet still people leap to his defence and accuse people of having a go at him because he's Spanish.

As the star of HTT's future comedy smash hit would say:  Boooooorrrriiiiiiing.