The all new official Albert Luque megathread

Guest Harry-Norway

Guest ChickenKiev

Heart the size of a pea tbh. Would do well to take a leaf out of Shola's book in that regard.

Here we go with all that "heart" crap again!

Guest sicko2ndbest

A question to Luque lovers

What is he going to do in the next 3-4 years to justify place, price and wage?

Heart the size of a pea tbh. Would do well to take a leaf out of Shola's book in that regard.

Here we go with all that "heart" crap again!

Wow, I'm pwned there like.

If he shows some heart, I'll revise my judgement. Call me mental but I think a bit of commitment to the cause is important. It's not all about working your bollocks off etc. and I like flair players. I don't like players I think are taking the piss though. I think he is tbh.

Gee it's amazing how many people on here think they know whats going on at the club and it's amazing how they think they know what Roeder is thinking or seeing with Luque let's just wait and see if by the January we see nothing from him then by all means off load him.

Gee it's amazing how many people on here think they know whats going on at the club and it's amazing how they think they know what Roeder is thinking or seeing with Luque let's just wait and see if by the January we see nothing from him then by all means off load him.

Why? It doesn't matter that he did fuck all last season, why should it matter if he does fuck all between now and January?

He should be binned asap.

Why? It doesn't matter that he did **** all last season, why should it matter if he does **** all between now and January?

well considering he had an injury like he did I don't think there are many players playing today who would recover and do a lot more, so I don't see your point!

Why? It doesn't matter that he did **** all last season, why should it matter if he does **** all between now and January?

well considering he had an injury like he did I don't think there are many players playing today who would recover and do a lot more, so I don't see your point!

He'd recovered by Xmas from that first injury, fancy expecting him to do something in those last 5 months of the season eh?

Guest Howaythetoon

He'd recovered by Xmas from that first injury, fancy expecting him to do something in those last 5 months of the season eh?

In the few games or so he got?

Lets not forget either that all but Shay and Parker were playing absolute shite until Souness left, only then did others pick up their game. Under Roeder however Luque never got a chance, when he has, he's scored twice in what amounts to 4 starts or something.

So your saying any player would be full off confidence in that situation coming back from one of the worst hamstring injuries possible and when he did play, being booed by certian sections from the Newcastle fans is really good for his confidence, yeah right!

Lets not forget either that all but Shay and Parker were playing absolute shite until Souness left, only then did others pick up their game. Under Roeder however Luque never got a chance, when he has, he's scored twice in what amounts to 4 starts or something.

Footballers have to do something during the week between games. Despite everyone else picking up following the departure of souness, Luque didn't pick up and probably wasn't doing whatever Roeder was expecting from him day to day, otherwise he would have featured more than he did. If you don't agree please have a guess why you think Luque wasn't an automatic choice, given that he is WORLD CLASS.

Guest Howaythetoon

....and still the excuses keep on coming....

No-one is claiming he doesn't need to up his own game or show more heart though Gemmill, you'd have to be blind to not recognise this need yet those wanting us to get rid of him ASP (to write off more money - these are the same people who criticise the club for wasting money ironically) simply won't recognise the numerous factors that have contributed to his case like the injury, adapting to a new country, a new game culture, the Souness factor and quite revealing a lack of games, or a run of games.

Lets be honest he didn't arrive in the best of shape having only played a few games in FOUR months. He had no pre-season to talk of and in his 2nd outing he picked up one of the worst injuries a professional athlete could sustain - a grade one tear to the hamstring.

He himself admitted for a good while after his recovery he lacked the confidence to push himself in fear of it going again, added to that problem he was struggling to adapt to a new country, a new language and a new way of life and the team and manager were underperforming and losing matches on a weekly basis. When he did feature after his injury he wasn't the only player to underperform or look disinterested.

Then Souness went, we started playing better and winning games, yet Luque never played. Towards the end he got a bit of an outing and in those minutes which amount to a few starts he scored 2 goals and looked a lot better, even showing some heart.

All the "pro" Luque brigade are saying is give the lad a chance before writing him off completely, lets see if he can do it after 10-15 games or something.

I don't want to see him fail or for the club to cut their losses on yet another big money gamble so I agree with the "lets see", lets give him a run of games" argument.

As a manager it is Roeder's duty to try and get Luque performing, of course he himself has to show a desire and has to put in a shift or two but I'd be disappointed if the club just peddled him because they couldn't be arsed with all that, but that's what they get paid for, to work with players, to iron out any problems and to get them playing and playing well.

Anyway that's the way I see it.

So your saying any player would be full off confidence in that situation coming back from one of the worst hamstring injuries possible and when he did play, being booed by certian sections from the Newcastle fans is really good for his confidence, yeah right!

No, I take it you can't read. Feel free to point out where I have said that though. I'd have expected more from a player fit by Xmas though. Which games was he boo'ed at by the way?

Tells its own story for me.

Guest Howaythetoon

Footballers have to do something during the week between games. Despite everyone else picking up following the departure of souness, Luque didn't pick up and probably wasn't doing whatever Roeder was expecting from him day to day, otherwise he would have featured more than he did. If you don't agree please have a guess why you think Luque wasn't an automatic choice, given that he is WORLD CLASS.

Why did Roeder praise him for his training, then? I just think Roeder doesn't fancy him that much in any position, managers do that rightly or wrongly. I think you are reading too much into his non-selection under Roeder likewise those that claim Roeder has a personal problem with him. I don't think he does, I just think he doesn't like what he sees or sees a place for him in the team. SBR didn't really fancy Bowyer in the middle for some reason, Souness didn't fancy Milner for some reason. It happens.

No, I take it you can't read. Feel free to point out where I have said that though. I'd have expected more from a player fit by Xmas though. Which games was he boo'ed at by the way?

I can't remember the the teams off hand we played but I remeber at least 2 games he was being booed from certian sections even I could hear it over the internet listening to the games which I think is dispicable if he plays for the Toon no matter who he is you don't boo them.

Why did Roeder praise him for his training, then? I just think Roeder doesn't fancy him that much in any position, managers do that rightly or wrongly. I think you are reading too much into his non-selection under Roeder likewise those that claim Roeder has a personal problem with him. I don't think he does, I just think he doesn't like what he sees or sees a place for him in the team. SBR didn't really fancy Bowyer in the middle for some reason, Souness didn't fancy Milner for some reason. It happens.

You expect him to come out in public and say he's shit in training? Or just shit anyway? Do you always hang off what these people say as though every word that comes out of their mouth is the truth? Bloody hell!

:roll:

I can't remember the the teams off hand we played but I remeber at least 2 games he was being booed from certian sections even I could hear it over the internet listening to the games which I think is dispicable if he plays for the Toon no matter who he is you don't boo them.

:lol: Classic

....and still the excuses keep on coming....

No-one is claiming he doesn't need to up his own game or show more heart though Gemmill, you'd have to be blind to not recognise this need yet those wanting us to get rid of him ASP (to write off more money - these are the same people who criticise the club for wasting money ironically) simply won't recognise the numerous factors that have contributed to his case like the injury, adapting to a new country, a new game culture, the Souness factor and quite revealing a lack of games, or a run of games.

Lets be honest he didn't arrive in the best of shape having only played a few games in FOUR months. He had no pre-season to talk of and in his 2nd outing he picked up one of the worst injuries a professional athlete could sustain - a grade one tear to the hamstring.

He himself admitted for a good while after his recovery he lacked the confidence to push himself in fear of it going again, added to that problem he was struggling to adapt to a new country, a new language and a new way of life and the team and manager were underperforming and losing matches on a weekly basis. When he did feature after his injury he wasn't the only player to underperform or look disinterested.

Then Souness went, we started playing better and winning games, yet Luque never played. Towards the end he got a bit of an outing and in those minutes which amount to a few starts he scored 2 goals and looked a lot better, even showing some heart.

All the "pro" Luque brigade are saying is give the lad a chance before writing him off completely, lets see if he can do it after 10-15 games or something.

I don't want to see him fail or for the club to cut their losses on yet another big money gamble so I agree with the "lets see", lets give him a run of games" argument.

As a manager it is Roeder's duty to try and get Luque performing, of course he himself has to show a desire and has to put in a shift or two but I'd be disappointed if the club just peddled him because they couldn't be arsed with all that, but that's what they get paid for, to work with players, to iron out any problems and to get them playing and playing well.

Anyway that's the way I see it.

Top post!  :thup:

Nobody is saying he is world class so there is no point in you exaggerating Gemmil. What people are saying is that we should wait a bit more to see if he can fulfil his potential and the latest few recent matches has shown positive signs of improvement. The point is we are not f*cking rich to just write of assets at a loss, unless we get a Russian billionaire soon, we cant just buy players and then sell them off for a loss before we even ascertain whether they can fulfil their potential. If after 10- 15 games, we dont see any improvement, then I have no problem selling him off in January, until then its just poor finance keeping, something that our club cant afford (literally) to do. I’m not so much on the pro Luque brigade (although I’d like him to be given a chance), more like opposed to the ‘lets waste our money coz we delude ourselves in thinking that we are bloody rich’ brigade.