No signings = relegation?

Guest Brazilianbob

Because they were playing other teams in the bottom half.

You happy with 4th from bottom?

Erm, aye if am going to be honest about it.

4th bottom and anything up to 10th isn't much difference anyway, none of us can qualify for europe .

Relegation.  :lol:

Sheesh, sometimes I feel this board has dipolar disorder. One week, half the members are telling each other that Keegan will challange for the title next season. Then, the week after, we get a thread saying you are going to get relegated.

Seriously ffs, you're not going to get relegated. For one thing, no matter how poorly you play and no matter how little points you pick up, 3 of Derby, Fulham, Brum, Sunderland and middlesbrough will end up with less points than you. Their squads are shite compared to yours.

Our squad is shite, mate. We don't even have a good first XI, honestly.

We WON'T be relegated, thanks to the utter shitness of 3 or 4 other teams, but we'll notbe top half either. We simply aren't good enough.

4 teams below us picking up points last night? Impossible according to some people on here.

You forgot to mention that Birmingham and Wigan lost and gained no points last night !

Fck me man.

For this season? Yes. Next? No.

This shows how far we have fallen - all of you who said "give Souness more time, give Roeder time, ALlardyce will fix us" should be fucking ashamed of yourselves.

We should be railing against being in the bottom 5 or 6 (a genuine threat to us now), we should be making SJP not just a bad place to come to for away teams, but a place where players KNOW they have to play well for us. Anyone who accepts shite like Geremi, Smith, Ameobi, Rozenhal, and even TRIES to make excuses for them should bow their heads in abject shame.

This shows how far we have fallen - all of you who said "give Souness more time, give Roeder time, ALlardyce will fix us" should be f****** ashamed of yourselves.

We should be railing against being in the bottom 5 or 6 (a genuine threat to us now), we should be making SJP not just a bad place to come to for away teams, but a place where players KNOW they have to play well for us. Anyone who accepts s**** like Geremi, Smith, Ameobi, Rozenhal, and even TRIES to make excuses for them should bow their heads in abject shame.

We cant do anything about at the moment tho, we have to wait until the summer.

This shows how far we have fallen - all of you who said "give Souness more time, give Roeder time, ALlardyce will fix us" should be f****** ashamed of yourselves.

We should be railing against being in the bottom 5 or 6 (a genuine threat to us now), we should be making SJP not just a bad place to come to for away teams, but a place where players KNOW they have to play well for us. Anyone who accepts s**** like Geremi, Smith, Ameobi, Rozenhal, and even TRIES to make excuses for them should bow their heads in abject shame.

We cant do anything about at the moment tho, we have to wait until the summer.

So lets not make excuses, pretend some games 'don't count', and keep fucking pretending that the lieks of Viduka, Duff,. Barton etc are "world class", or whatever.

We owe it to ourselves to at least be honest.

Then, when Dennis Wise signs s load of shite of rus in summer, we can pretend they are fantastic, just because they've signed for NUFC.

4 teams below us picking up points last night? Impossible according to some people on here.

You forgot to mention that Birmingham and Wigan lost and gained no points last night !

Fck me man.

I agree, next season.

I'm really disappointed we haven't signed anyone in this window. Even our good players are being made to look shit by the general lack of quality in the squad. I don't think it's asking too much of the club to go all-out in recruiting a left back and an attacking midfielder. I don't even care if we have to pay slightly over the odds for them.

Last night we had our best attacking player at left back (AGAIN!), a past-it defensive midfielder and a centre back in the middle of the park, a never-has-been right back, and an anti-striker up top with Owen.

Top teams can carry one, maybe two weak links but we're carrying 3-4 every game. I don't think we'll get dragged into the mire but a bit of fucking urgency from the club wouldn't go amiss.

Fck me man.

he's right. in the past few years we should only have signed proven quality world class players. simple really

Fck me man.

he's right. in the past few years we should only have signed proven quality world class players. simple really

No, we shoudl have signed better players than we did. And not pretended that players who are at best average are top class. Simple, really.

I'm really disappointed we haven't signed anyone in this window. Even our good players are being made to look shit by the general lack of quality in the squad. I don't think it's asking too much of the club to go all-out in recruiting a left back and an attacking midfielder. I don't even care if we have to pay slightly over the odds for them.

Last night we had our best attacking player at left back (AGAIN!), a past-it defensive midfielder and a centre back in the middle of the park, a never-has-been right back, and an anti-striker up top with Owen.

Top teams can carry one, maybe two weak links but we're carrying 3-4 every game. I don't think we'll get dragged into the mire but a bit of fucking urgency from the club wouldn't go amiss.

THIS.

Fck me man.

No, we shoudl have signed better players than we did. And not pretended that players who are at best average are top class. Simple, really.

not top class but possibly as good as we could have got at the time.

you should be a football manager,you make it sound so easy

Yawn yes, we should have.

Easy eh

Our last three managers were Souness, Roeder and Sam Allerdyce.

Our squad is so fcked up and disjointed its going to take monumental transfers this summer to turn it round, may even take a couple. 

The current sqaud is not good enough and it to be where we want to be but its certainly better than some of the s*** kickers in the league.  The problem we have is they seriously lack confidence.  And it doesn't help when you have to play Arsenal twice in a row with the worlds media itching for you to lose.

Stop bitching, we know what we have to work with.  Get behind them

Guest johnson293

I just hope we can finish this season safely, and then prepare over the summer, with an overhall of the team/squad.

But, we as KK has said himself, we need a win quickly, to try and get some confidence back, hopefully starting on Sunday.

I just hope we can finish this season safely, and then prepare over the summer, with an overhall of the team/squad.

But, we as KK has said himself, we need a win quickly, to try and get some confidence back, hopefully starting on Sunday

Agreed mate.

The Arsenal fixtures were of unfortunate timing.  Peopel shouldn't judge us against them.

Fck me man.

Agree & disagree with you in equal measure.

It's why some supporters, and the following thoughts were voiced on this forum, were stunned amidst the flacid crowd response in the wake of Souness' first season. A season of underwhelming performances were lost amidst the result of the day, that being a gutsy season closing effort against Chelsea. Such incompetance, both from a team & management standpoint, over the course of a season wouldn't stand-up at Anfield for example. Houllier was virtually shouted out of the job, the board listened to it's supporter base who became frustrated at the brand of football Houllier's team was dishing up at the time - despite the Cups and his penultimate CL finish which imo was greatly influenced by injuries to our key players down the stretch ie. Bellamy and Woodgate, our defensive rock & our creative foil around the box.

I still think if the SJP terraces had rallied against Souness enmasse, as was the case re: Houllier/Liverpool, after the already mentioned season closer against Chelsea the board - ie. The Halls - would've swiftly pulled the trigger in response and that would've would've stopped the cancerous Souness regime dead in it's tracks.

As for supporters 'hanging their heads in shame' for accepting s**** like Geremi etc etc. It's my opinion that Geremi would still make a better RW option than Milner. The likes of Cacapa & Rozenhal, i wanted to see how they'd fare beyond the first month of the campaign where they're were blessed with having to face some lightweight attacking frontlines during the opening stages of their premiership careers - both have failed.

Don't peddle this 'don't try to make excuses for them' because i'll rewind the clock a bit. Up until Parker pulled the fingered salute at home you spent the best part of a year defending Parker's performance level under successive managers, especially during Roeder's tenureship where at one stage you suggested playing him in exactly the same role - positionally wise - as he was utilised in Souness's so called 442, and Souness' so-called 442 resembled a narrow & unbalanced 4-1-3-2 which because of it's the team's inability to laterally stretch the opposition's defensive ranks with some left-to-right sideline passing/possession play across the midfield line only served the purpose of having the team play out of it's own half & defending for their lives for the best part of 90 minutes.

And yet despite the ramifications of such a positional change, as opposed to Roeder's misguided faith in utilizing him in a balanced offensive & defensive 442 central midfielder in the Rob Lee mould - a role which he clearly wasn't up to, you made that call. At the time you were more than happy to see the midfield formation & balance compromised in order to get the best out of a player who in your exact words was s***.

Take a leaf out of your own book mate.

There's two sides to 'not accepting sh**' though, I mean the pressure on the home players at SJP sometimes must be immense. Jeering their every mistake does them no favours at all. Sometimes I wonder whether some of our players might prefer to play away.

Fck me man.

All we coudl have got at the time? Get to fuck. You seriously think we couldn't have gotten better than SMITH for £6m? Well done, you are a soopafan. God bless you.

Fck me man.

It's why some supporters, and the following thoughts were voiced on this forum, were stunned amidst the flacid crowd response in the wake of Souness' first season. A season of underwhelming performances were lost amidst the result of the day, that being a gutsy season closing effort against Chelsea. Such incompetance, both from a team & management standpoint, over the course of a season wouldn't stand-up at Anfield for example. Houllier was virtually shouted out of the job, the board listened to it's supporter base who became frustrated at the brand of football Houllier's team was dishing up at the time - despite the Cups and his penultimate CL finish which imo was greatly influenced by injuries to our key players down the stretch ie. Bellamy and Woodgate, our defensive rock & our creative foil around the box.

I still think if the SJP terraces had rallied against Souness enmasse, as was the case re: Houllier/Liverpool, after the already mentioned season closer against Chelsea the board - ie. The Halls - would've swiftly pulled the trigger in response and that would've would've stopped the cancerous Souness regime dead in it's tracks.

As for supporters 'hanging their heads in shame' for accepting shite like Geremi etc etc. It's my opinion that Geremi would still make a better RW option than Milner. The likes of Cacapa & Rozenhal, i wanted to see how they'd fare beyond the first month of the campaign where they're were blessed with having to face some lightweight attacking frontlines during the opening stages of their premiership careers - both have failed.

Don't peddle this 'don't try to make excuses for them' because i'll rewind the clock a bit. Up until Parker pulled the finger at home you spent the best part of a year defending Parker's performance level under successive managers, especially during Roeder's tenureship where at one stage you suggested playing him in exactly the same role - positionally wise - as he was utilised in Souness's so called 442, and Souness' so-called 442 resembled a narrow & unbalanced 4-1-3-2 which because of it's the team's inability to laterally stretch the opposition's defensive ranks with some left-to-right sideline passing/possession play across the midfield line only served the purpose of having the team play out of it's own half & defending for their lives for the best part of 90 minutes.

And yet despite the ramifications of such a positional change, as opposed to Roeder's misguided faith in utilizing him in a balanced offensive & defensive 442 central midfielder in the Rob Lee mould - a role which he clearly wasn't up to, you made that call. At the time you were more than happy to see the midfield formation & balance compromised in order to get the best out of a player who in your exact words was s***.

Take a leaf out of you own book mate

Oh, yes, i made a mistake with Parker. I fully accept that. Which is different to those who STILL pretend Geremi, Smith, Cacapa, et al are good enough.

All we coudl have got at the time? Get to f***. You seriously think we couldn't have gotten better than SMITH for £6m? Well done, you are a soopafan. God bless you.

we possibly could have,but at the time it didn't seem too bad a deal.shall we go through every deal. does kuyt look the £12mill super striker everyone was clamouring for ?

whats with this "soopafan" stuff ? cos i'm realistic enough not to be crying cos we aren't the bestest ever team in the world ever.....ever.

Fck me man.

All we coudl have got at the time? Get to f***. You seriously think we couldn't have gotten better than SMITH for £6m? Well done, you are a soopafan. God bless you.

Fck me man.

As for supporters 'hanging their heads in shame' for accepting s**** like Geremi etc etc. It's my opinion that Geremi would still make a better RW option than Milner. The likes of Cacapa & Rozenhal, i wanted to see how they'd fare beyond the first month of the campaign where they're were blessed with having to face some lightweight attacking frontlines during the opening stages of their premiership careers - both have failed.

Don't peddle this 'don't try to make excuses for them' because i'll rewind the clock a bit. Up until Parker pulled the finger at home you spent the best part of a year defending Parker's performance level under successive managers, especially during Roeder's tenureship where at one stage you suggested playing him in exactly the same role - positionally wise - as he was utilised in Souness's so called 442, and Souness' so-called 442 resembled a narrow & unbalanced 4-1-3-2 which because of it's the team's inability to laterally stretch the opposition's defensive ranks with some left-to-right sideline passing/possession play across the midfield line only served the purpose of having the team play out of it's own half & defending for their lives for the best part of 90 minutes.

Take a leaf out of you own book mate

Oh, yes, i made a mistake with Parker. I fully accept that. Which is different to those who STILL pretend Geremi, Smith, Cacapa, et al are good enough.

Everybody makes mistakes re: judgement calls. In the case of Ameobi, Carr and the like there's no excuses. In the case of Geremi i'd like to see him used in his preferred posiition - RW - before branding him as being shite, Because as a right-side attacker he never relied on pace, he was frequently able to shoulder off a challenge and his delivery was in most instances up to scratch. I liken him to Solano, but with added physical presence. If he does make a hash of it on the right when given a substantial opprtunity then fair enough, your call has been duly noted. With that said the continued devolopment of Lua Lua interests me more, especially next season.

we possibly could have,but at the time it didn't seem too bad a deal.shall we go through every deal. does kuyt look the £12mill super striker everyone was clamouring for ?

whats with this "soopafan" stuff ? cos i'm realistic enough not to be crying cos we aren't the bestest ever team in the world ever.....ever.

No, because you're unrealistic enough to make excuses for incompetence.

No, because you're unrealistic enough to make excuses for incompetence.

in some cases i have "give roeder/souness  a bit time/tonnes of injuries etc" and in some i haven't "allardyce out" very early.

whareas your realism stems round "only the best will do"....nice sentiment but unrealistic.