Our main problem...

juniatmoko

Guest elbee909

So Ashley didn't pay off all our debts and all that jazz then?

Well, yes.  But can't hardly say "I'm only stating the facts" type stuff if one puts in facts that don't chime with the argument, or as some might put it, 'agenda'.

whats your point, do you think he did it for free ?

I'll admit to coming very late in to this exciting discussion and as such I might be covering already covered ground or on the wrong level but you did say "Mort and Ashley have done precisely nothing as yet". I'd count paying off debts and the like as "doing something".

Well, yes.  But can't hardly say "I'm only stating the facts" type stuff if one puts in facts that don't chime with the argument, or as some might put it, 'agenda'.

nobody is saying its not great. But whats your point about having debts ? Do you think the current top 4 all have shit clubs and are run like corner shops because they have accumulated debts of 1.5bn quid between them ?

I'll admit to coming very late in to this exciting discussion and as such I might be covering already covered ground or on the wrong level but you did say "Mort and Ashley have done precisely nothing as yet". I'd count paying off debts and the like as "doing something".

I'm sorry, but I'm not impressed with a relegation fight and possible relegation. I'd rather have debts. The current top 4 have debts between them of 1.5bn quid, and I'd rather be part of that group too.

I'm sorry, but I'm not impressed with a relegation fight and possible relegation. I'd rather have debts. The current top 4 have debts between them of 1.5bn quid, and I'd rather be part of that group too.

Who is to say we'd not be in a relegation fight if Allardyce and Shepherd were still at the club?

I'd rather have a bit of debt and be higher up the table too but you can't ignore things like that just because we're not doing well on the pitch at the moment.

Who is to say we'd not be in a relegation fight if Allardyce and Shepherd were still at the club?

I'd rather have a bit of debt and be higher up the table too but you can't ignore things like that just because we're not doing well on the pitch at the moment.

We don't. Nobody knows. And IMO what happens on the pitch is paramount, and the most important thing of all.  A club with support like Newcastle shouldn't be unduly concerned about having reasonable and manageable debts when they are football related ones and accrued through trying to be successful. Would you rather the club hadn't expanded the stadium. Please answer this question.

I'm not dismissing paying off the debt. I'm just very worried about a relegation fight, which could and should have been foreseen and attempted to avoid.

So, NE5, what you are actually saying here is that you are proud of yesterdays performance?

Maybe you were happy to see us gain valuable points against Bolton and Boro too?

Maybe you are also happy to note that the once great messiah has coached his team to get 4 shots on target in 5 games?

Lets be honest here, I dont rate Keegan, never really have to be honest and after conceding 4 against Villa yesterday and still playing the lokes of Carr, Butt and Smith when Viduka, Enrigue and Faye would have been better employed just reminds me what I already know.

Keegan is a nice bloke but we are heading towards the championship under his stewardship.

By the way, you dont need to show yourself up anymore than you normally do as being the prize dope of the forum by making silly little primary schoool remarks.

There again, carry on, dopey. Everyone on here needs to have a good laugh and you are certainly, by a long way, the CLOWN PRINCE of this forum.

shame but the last time you made those sort of comments, a few people came along and told you what a clown you were and agreed with me. See the link in my last post.

Only a complete idiot is judging Keegan after 5 games. Like those in your london press that you read. The same people who assured us ie you, that finishing runners up in the premiership is "tactically naive" and "failure".

I remember you being one of those people who said that Souness should have time, and you deny that of Keegan.

Only one clown here, cobber.

If we go down, the seeds of it were sown by the s*** transfer policy and sub standard players we brought in last summer, me and only a handful of others who said so at the time what it was and is now being exposed.

Change your long range telescope, or your newspaper, is my advice.

I could agree with this if not for  "If we go down, the seeds of it were sown by the s*** transfer policy and sub standard players we brought in last summer".

The present squad is a result of years of mismanagement at all levels of the club, probably starting with the recruitment of Bowyer. The squad here has had no depth in quality for years. You're right that Keegan is not to blame.

This is the main point - the previous Chairman and SOME members of the board are responsible for the dire transfer policy after 2003 when we failed to strengthen the side by signing only Bowyer on a free - methinks there were good personal reasons why they didn't sign more players - quite a few million of them.....

The decline of the club as a major force began there and we failed to beat Partizan as a result with the loss of millions in revenue.

We don't. Nobody knows. And IMO what happens on the pitch is paramount, and the most important thing of all.  A club with support like Newcastle shouldn't be unduly concerned about having reasonable and manageable debts when they are football related ones and accrued through trying to be successful. Would you rather the club hadn't expanded the stadium. Please answer this question.

I'm not dismissing paying off the debt. I'm just very worried about a relegation fight, which could and should have been foreseen and attempted to avoid.

I agree. You seem to blame that squarely at Ashley and Mort though, unless I'm missing something. I'm not a huge financial expert so I won't go too in-depth (because I can't) about our debts but I'd rather have none at all than "reasonable and manageable debts" - I don't think removing the debt situation was really done in favour of anything else, particularly short term. Of course I'd rather the club expanded the stadium, as they did, had it proved to be truly detrimental to us in the short term I'd be less happy though. Naturally. By all accounts we're better off having no debts, I'm not entirely sure what the situation was towards the end of Shepherd's time but I'm pretty sure it was getting worse not better.

There are no truly innocent parties when it comes to where we find ourselves now. The previous regime, previous managers, post and present players and even perhaps Keegan all have a part in this.

So, NE5, what you are actually saying here is that you are proud of yesterdays performance?

Maybe you were happy to see us gain valuable points against Bolton and Boro too?

Maybe you are also happy to note that the once great messiah has coached his team to get 4 shots on target in 5 games?

Lets be honest here, I dont rate Keegan, never really have to be honest and after conceding 4 against Villa yesterday and still playing the lokes of Carr, Butt and Smith when Viduka, Enrigue and Faye would have been better employed just reminds me what I already know.

Keegan is a nice bloke but we are heading towards the championship under his stewardship.

By the way, you dont need to show yourself up anymore than you normally do as being the prize dope of the forum by making silly little primary schoool remarks.

There again, carry on, dopey. Everyone on here needs to have a good laugh and you are certainly, by a long way, the CLOWN PRINCE of this forum.

shame but the last time you made those sort of comments, a few people came along and told you what a clown you were and agreed with me. See the link in my last post.

Only a complete idiot is judging Keegan after 5 games. Like those in your london press that you read. The same people who assured us ie you, that finishing runners up in the premiership is "tactically naive" and "failure".

I remember you being one of those people who said that Souness should have time, and you deny that of Keegan.

Only one clown here, cobber.

If we go down, the seeds of it were sown by the shit transfer policy and sub standard players we brought in last summer, me and only a handful of others who said so at the time what it was and is now being exposed.

Change your long range telescope, or your newspaper, is my advice.

Shame but as macca888 has been online, you'd have thought he'd have surprised us all and replied to this, for a change.

What a joke thread.

So, you really believe appointing a dominant captain will solve all our problems?

Seems to me you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Our problems are simple: We are not a team, nor have we looked like one all season. We do not defend as a team, we do not create as a team. We have too many weak areas all over the park and too many players who hide when the going gets tough.

Furthermore, we have had and still have, managers who do not understand the basic principles of the game, such as accurate passing, movement off the ball, support in depth and width when defending and attacking.

F......... Capello wouldnt be able to manage this rabble.

such as the ineptitude and "tactial naivety" that saw us 12 points clear at the top of the premiership and according to you was failure  ?

mackems.gif

I don't remember any of keegans successors, all those "tactically superior" managers being anywhere near 12 points clear at the top of the premiership.

Perhaps you would care to enlighten us ?

just to remind people of macca888 "opinion" of Keegans last period in charge, copied and pasted from some cockney tabloid no doubt  bluelaugh.gif

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=48415.msg1164978#msg1164978

no doubt macca888 is judging Keegan after 5 games, just like all the other cockney tossers he reads in his sunday papers

mackems.gif

And to think you sulked when I dug an old post of yours up the other week.

• 2 months later...

what do you think now then macca ?

Still think we should have kept Allardyce, or Souness.........

This is the last post you made I see ?