Our main problem...

juniatmoko

People tend to say that our main problem... is buy new CMs, buy new strikers, back line errors or GK mistake... :doh: yeah it's the problem alright but not the main problem.... it will not solve even we buy new players for every position....

what we need now is a player which has a good leadership and can boost performance on the pitch.... i have to say ala roy keane

yes we just need a captain..... a captain which could boost team performance on the pitch making huge confidence boost to the team.

a player could command when we attack or when we defense ....

if we not solve this captain problem yet.... we'll be the same woefully over and over again...

are anyone agree with me.... and who should be the captain...? but i am afraid.... at our stock no one would be a captain... except faye :pow: :smitten:

Guest toonlass

I believe that Sam thought that Geremi would be that captain figure, but like Scott Parker, he was unable to cope with the expectation that goes with the job. We definitely need a strong captain and I don't think that Michael Owen is the man to do it. It is sad that a bloke who needs his confidence boosted has been given the captaincy over lads who have worked hard over the past couple of years.

Guest toonlass

Also being out with a major injury doesn't help. I am sure Ramage could have made the team this season if he had not been injured, he was certainly better than Rozenhal.

What a joke thread.

So, you really believe appointing a dominant captain will solve all our problems?

Seems to me you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Our problems are simple: We are not a team, nor have we looked like one all season. We do not defend as a team, we do not create as a team. We have too many weak areas all over the park and too many players who hide when the going gets tough.

Furthermore, we have had and still have, managers who do not understand the basic principles of the game, such as accurate passing, movement off the ball, support in depth and width when defending and attacking.

F......... Capello wouldnt be able to manage this rabble.

Guest Ridzuan

We have a great captain in Michael Owen.So I dont think that is the problem.The main problem is that we have no vision going forward and at the back,we defend like kindergarten kids.

What a joke thread.

So, you really believe appointing a dominant captain will solve all our problems?

Our problems are simple: We are not a team, nor have we looked like one all season. We do not defend as a team, we do not create as a team. We have too many weak areas all over the park and too many players who hide when the going gets tough.

Furthermore, we have had and still have, managers who do not understand the basic principles of the game, such as accurate passing, movement off the ball, support in depth and width when defending and attacking.

such as the ineptitude and "tactial naivety" that saw us 12 points clear at the top of the premiership and according to you was failure  ?

mackems.gif

I don't remember any of keegans successors, all those "tactically superior" managers being anywhere near 12 points clear at the top of the premiership.

Perhaps you would care to enlighten us ?

just to remind people of macca888 "opinion" of Keegans last period in charge, copied and pasted from some cockney tabloid no doubt  bluelaugh.gif

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=48415.msg1164978#msg1164978

no doubt macca888 is judging Keegan after 5 games, just like all the other cockney tossers he reads in his sunday papers

mackems.gif

So, NE5, what you are actually saying here is that you are proud of yesterdays performance?

Maybe you were happy to see us gain valuable points against Bolton and Boro too?

Maybe you are also happy to note that the once great messiah has coached his team to get 4 shots on target in 5 games?

Lets be honest here, I dont rate Keegan, never really have to be honest and after conceding 4 against Villa yesterday and still playing the lokes of Carr, Butt and Smith when Viduka, Enrigue and Faye would have been better employed just reminds me what I already know.

Keegan is a nice bloke but we are heading towards the championship under his stewardship.

By the way, you dont need to show yourself up anymore than you normally do as being the prize dope of the forum by making silly little primary schoool remarks.

There again, carry on, dopey. Everyone on here needs to have a good laugh and you are certainly, by a long way, the CLOWN PRINCE of this forum.

What a joke thread.

such as the ineptitude and "tactial naivety" that saw us 12 points clear at the top of the premiership and according to you was failure  ?

mackems.gif

I don't remember any of keegans successors, all those "tactically superior" managers being anywhere near 12 points clear at the top of the premiership.

just to remind people of macca888 "opinion" of Keegans last period in charge, copied and pasted from some cockney tabloid no doubt  bluelaugh.gif

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=48415.msg1164978#msg1164978

no doubt macca888 is judging Keegan after 5 games, just like all the other cockney tossers he reads in his sunday papers

mackems.gif

Touched on it in the previous post, clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Aston Villa, etc. all have by far and away better managers and teams than what they had when Keegan was here first time around.

I think the margin between the decent top 8 teams (like villa etc) and the midtable obscurity like us is actually pretty slim, and the change needed isnt as great as many people might think. If we played beye, taylor (maybe cacapa) faye enrique week in week out at the back the defensive performance would improve by having basic teamwork skills. One or 2 quality players to drive us forward in the midfield and dictate our play would make a huge difference, and enhance the performances of the likes of Duff, N'Zogbia, Milner and as a result get the ball forward to either Martins or Owen who are undoubtedly good enough to stick it in the net more often than not.

Its not a case of "oh my god get rid of the entire team they are shit", its just a few basic things and a buy or two in the right areas. I might be remembering things wrong, but when Robson was in charge and we languished in 11th place, it seemed to me to only take the introduction of Robert and Bellamy to almost revolutionise our team. We are in that same scenario again.

So, NE5, what you are actually saying here is that you are proud of yesterdays performance?

Maybe you were happy to see us gain valuable points against Bolton and Boro too?

Maybe you are also happy to note that the once great messiah has coached his team to get 4 shots on target in 5 games?

Lets be honest here, I dont rate Keegan, never really have to be honest and after conceding 4 against Villa yesterday and still playing the lokes of Carr, Butt and Smith when Viduka, Enrigue and Faye would have been better employed just reminds me what I already know.

Keegan is a nice bloke but we are heading towards the championship under his stewardship.

By the way, you dont need to show yourself up anymore than you normally do as being the prize dope of the forum by making silly little primary schoool remarks.

There again, carry on, dopey. Everyone on here needs to have a good laugh and you are certainly, by a long way, the CLOWN PRINCE of this forum.

shame but the last time you made those sort of comments, a few people came along and told you what a clown you were and agreed with me. See the link in my last post.

Only a complete idiot is judging Keegan after 5 games. Like those in your london press that you read. The same people who assured us ie you, that finishing runners up in the premiership is "tactically naive" and "failure".

I remember you being one of those people who said that Souness should have time, and you deny that of Keegan.

Only one clown here, cobber.

If we go down, the seeds of it were sown by the shit transfer policy and sub standard players we brought in last summer, me and only a handful of others who said so at the time what it was and is now being exposed.

Change your long range telescope, or your newspaper, is my advice.

What a joke thread.

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

Touched on it in the previous post, clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Aston Villa, etc. all have by far and away better managers and teams than what they had when Keegan was here first time around.

rubbish.

What a joke thread.

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

Villa had just finished 2nd last time when we got promoted though.

Guest toonlass

On reflection, the biggest problem that we have at the moment is stability. We need the same blokes playing week in, week out. Smith needs to be dropped, Barton needs to be dropped, and players need to be played in their positions.

What a joke thread.

all your statement surely don't reflect to argue the need of dominant captain...

on other hand your statement on bold red just reflect how dumb you are... ex-england manager doesn't understand the basic principles of the game :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

We have a great captain in Michael Owen.So I dont think that is the problem.The main problem is that we have no vision going forward and at the back,we defend like kindergarten kids.

you contradict your own statement i am afraid i have to say.... you said we got no vision... of course we don't have vision ... because we don't have player that able to lead the vision on the pitch..... that's why we need super captain.... owen leadership i am afraid is very low

Central midfield is the biggest problem for me.

we got problem in all area.... but the problem is... the players we bought all this time is have certain CV as good footballer... but how after they play for us they are so shit... seems to me... they losing their plot... not clue no lead... no aim.... we already bought good CV managers also.... but it seem still doesn't solve it either...  that's why i said... we need super captain.... the player who could lead the team on the pitch

What a joke thread.

all your statement surely don't reflect to argue the need of dominant captain...

on other hand your statement on bold red just reflect how dumb you are... ex-england manager doesn't understand the basic principles of the game :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

that bit in red, is probably Keegans greatest strength. Every team he puts together has emphasised passing, movment and pace.

Guest optimistic nit

Also being out with a major injury doesn't help. I am sure Ramage could have made the team this season if he had not been injured, he was certainly better than Rozenhal.

ha ha ha ha ha.