Geremi - Excellent at right back in African Nations...

buzza

Different manager, different tactics. Give the guy a chance under a decent manager.

If Hughes told David Bentley to hoof the ball up field or pass it sideways at every opportunity he'd look s*** as well.

OMG R U SAYIN GEREMI IS BETTER THAN BENTLEY LOL!!!!!!!1111111111

Guest ChickenKiev

He doesn't have to get to the bi-line to put the ball in the box. Most of his crosses at the ACN were from deep and they were deadly accurate.

Beckham's game doesn't rely on pace but he's still the most effective right-sided midfielder in the game

You've lost me.

You must get lost quite easily. Makes sense what he's saying. You don't have to agree but it's pretty straight forward what he's saying.

He's saying if Beckham was black and playing at the ACON surrounded by healthy mobile black men it could work. Is that right?  :lol:

He said: he's a good crosser

You said: how is he going to cross the ball if he can't get into positions to cross (implying that he has to run lots and get past people)

He said: no he doens't have to get into the sort of position you were implying as he can lob the ball forward with accuray from deep in midfield.

Whether or not this is the case is a different matter :)

He doesn't have to get to the bi-line to put the ball in the box. Most of his crosses at the ACN were from deep and they were deadly accurate.

Beckham's game doesn't rely on pace but he's still the most effective right-sided midfielder in the game

You've lost me.

You must get lost quite easily. Makes sense what he's saying. You don't have to agree but it's pretty straight forward what he's saying.

He's saying if Beckham was black and playing at the ACON surrounded by healthy mobile black men it could work. Is that right?  :lol:

He said: he's a good crosser

You said: how is he going to cross the ball if he can't get into positions to cross (implying that he has to run lots and get past people)

He said: no he doens't have to get into the sort of position you were implying as he can lob the ball forward with accuray from deep in midfield.

Whether or this is the case is a different matter :)

Who are we hitting with these semi-long angled balls? :parky:

Oh i don't know, Viduka, Owen, Martins

YOu can't hit Owen and Martins with crosses from deep Sammy fat Allardyce tried it and got sacked for his idiocy.

Do you understand the difference between a long ball and a cross from deep?

YOu can't hit Owen and Martins with crosses from deep Sammy fat Allardyce tried it and got sacked for his idiocy.

Do you understand the differance with Owen when def have to turn and run toward their own goal or see a ball coming in from in front of them albeit slightly from the side??

What a stupid fucking argument. All he meant was Geremi's ability to deliver a ball wouldn't be hindered too much by him no having the legs he once had.

What a stupid fucking argument. All he meant was Geremi's ability to deliver a ball wouldn't be hindered too much by him no having the legs he once had.

I don't really care as such balls are useless with our forwards.

Viduka prefers balls to feet.

Martins and Owen get outmuscled with balls coming from semi-deep wide right as has been witnessed time and time again this season.

We need pace on the right with someone getting near the byline so def are facing their own goal...It is in this 'window of uncertaintly' the likes of Owen thrive.

Do you understand the differance with Owen when def have to turn and run toward their own goal or see a ball coming in from in front of them albeit slightly from the side??

I appreciate the value of both, which is why i suggested moving someone more attacking with a better chance of playing a through ball ie. Milner to the centre, while playing someone with better crossing ability on the right hand-side of midfield. Are you suggesting we scrap crossing altogether?

When Geremi played for us in central midfield this season:

Cacapa had someone to pass to, the defence hoofed it less, and the defence lost possession less.

He generally had the second or third best passing percentage in the team, after Cacapa and Owen. This was despite receiving more passes than any other midfielder. He was at about 80-85% per game. Butt, Barton and Smith have been 65-75% with less passes. (See Telegraph)

He's been involved in the build up to about four times more goals per game than Butt and Smith. This generally comes from intersecting the opponents from deep then finding Milner or N'Zogbia down the wings.

We've had better results when he's played CM.

However, his legs have gone, and we suffer in the second half like we do with whoever we play CM at the moment. Until we can get a better player who can manage 90 minutes, I'd give Geremi and Emre a half each, partnering Barton or N'Zogbia.

Martins and Owen get outmuscled with balls coming from semi-deep wide right as has been witnessed time and time again this season.

We need pace on the right with someone getting near the byline so def are facing their own goal...It is in this 'window of uncertaintly' the likes of Owen thrive.

You should have just said that instead of being deliberately obtuse in the first place then.

When Geremi played for us in central midfield this season:

Cacapa had someone to pass to, the defence hoofed it less, and the defence lost possession less.

He generally had the second or third best passing percentage in the team, after Cacapa and Owen. This was despite receiving more passes than any other midfielder. He was at about 80-85% per game. Butt, Barton and Smith have been 65-75% with less passes. (See Telegraph)

He's been involved in the build up to about four times more goals per game than Butt and Smith. This generally comes from intersecting the opponents from deep then finding Milner or N'Zogbia down the wings.

We've had better results when he's played CM.

However, his legs have gone, and we suffer in the second half like we do with whoever we play CM at the moment. Until we can get a better player who can manage 90 minutes, I'd give Geremi and Emre a half each, partnering Barton or N'Zogbia.

Oh my fawking gawd James is at it now.

Faye should be the DM.

You should have just said that instead of being deliberately obtuse in the first place then.

I was toying with him.

I was toying with him.

No shit?

What a stupid f****** argument. All he meant was Geremi's ability to deliver a ball wouldn't be hindered too much by him no having the legs he once had.

I was toying with him.

I feel so used.

What a stupid f****** argument. All he meant was Geremi's ability to deliver a ball wouldn't be hindered too much by him no having the legs he once had.

I was toying with him.

I feel so used.

:-*

Geremi should not be picked over Beye.

However, i'd think about playing him in DM for various reasons. His abilty to keep the ball and play a good pass is better than most.

Right.

Especially if we are not playing Emre. Who is going to take the free kicks?

The 2 games I saw Geremi play in he hit the bar from 40 yards with a free kick in one of them but in both games in his RB position he simply booted the ball as far up field as he could...............

Glad to know someone else was watching the same Geremi.  :D