We need to spend £ 150 million..............

Rob W

pathetic and you know it

That ones no better, I wonder why?

you're pathetic.

You also predictably ignored the bit about the best 15 years in the last half century, and you don't need a link to prove that.

Do you believe its right to get rid of Owen and Given in the summer? or should we be building a team around these guys and writing off how s**** everyone has been this season?

I can't believe anyone would be mad enough to build a team around a player like Michael Owen, who looks a. distinctly like he doesn't give a s*** and b. past it.

I worry that his name/reputation will convince Keegan to give it another go rather than move on.

If KK has a chance to sign a better player, or someone he feels will be more beneficial to the team and the way he intends to get us playing, Owen will make way. He may not peddle him but he will drop him or have him fighting for his place like everyone else which will be based on merit. I don't think Keegan will have been impressed with Owen, a player he has never really rated even when he was in his pomp. I can see the two parting ways, club and player. It wouldn't surprise me to see Sven come in for him and for us to take a loss.

I'm not so sure.  I mean he made Owen captain, plus Owen has scored a couple of late (and more which have been unfairly ruled off-side).  Plus he's a good selling point for bringing players in... especially when you don't have European football. 

I personally believe his decision to make Owen Captain was more of a peace gesture and to thwart the media from causing trouble between the two and their much publicized difference of opinions relating back to their time together with England. That and to motivate Owen, a player who Keegan would need onside to make his job a little easier and to fire in the goals to take us through to the end of the season. Hasn't quite happened like that but I would hazard a good guess those are very good reasons behind his decision making. Make no mistake about it, KK can be very ruthless. He got rid of the player (David Kelly) who saved us from relegation and whose goals helped fire us to promotion because he didn't believe he was good enough for the Premier League or quite what he had in mind as to how he'd have us playing once we got there. He also sold fans' favourite Andy Cole to our then rivals Manchester United because he wanted to change the way we played which would mean bringing in a player with those different qualities and a different presence we talked about. Sir Les. And on that subject, KK took his number 9 shirt off him and handed it to Shearer, which is something Shearer stipulated if he was to sign for us. Don't be fooled by the nice guy image and the media persona.

None of which means anything. History doesn't always repeat itself you know.

Of course not, but then we are not asking him to repeat that kind of history, we are asking him to stay true to himself which I'm in no doubt he will because why change the habit of a lifetime? He's always been a ruthless person and always will be. Perhaps this facet of Keegan may explain the disappearance of Viduka and Enrique from the scene...

Keegan has said in the past that he rated Viduka. This means his absence from the team is indeed either due to a disagreement, or the simple opinion that he has lost what little mobility that he once had and prefers Smith. Personally I think its a very difficult call this one, Viduka is more likely to score a goal and only Owen, Martins and Viduka have scored more than a couple of goals this season and we need goals to stay up now, whereas the Smith who was at Leeds is a much better player than we have seen here, same as Barton at Man City for that matter.

In Keegans first stint as manager, he preferred david Kelly to Mick Quinn, because Kelly was more mobile of the two. Quinn was one of the best finishers I've seen in a Newcastle shirt by the way, but it cut no ice with Keegan. He played Kelly, but Kelly was superb and repaid all the faith he had showed in him and more.

Keegan is ruthless but I don't believe he would leave Viduka out in the current situation because of a disagreement for too long if we need him playing.

Keegan said: "Mark has only trained three days fully since I've been here. There's a real good chance he'll be fit for Saturday but needs to do training, and by that I mean every day. Every time he's come into training he's had a little setback or a little problem."

Keegan said: "Mark has only trained three days fully since I've been here. There's a real good chance he'll be fit for Saturday but needs to do training, and by that I mean every day. Every time he's come into training he's had a little setback or a little problem."

Where's that from mate? Shocking tbh.

Where's that from mate? Shocking tbh.

I nearly fell out of my chair myself.

V-Bomber completing 3 full days of training already and it's not even March yet!!! Big Man's going to need a long break soon. Normally doesn't pack that much in an entire calender year.

Also sounds like KK is annoyed with these little setbacks and the lak of training Viduka is doing... doubt he would mention it in those terms if he thought it was just one of those things.

Wouldn't you be annoyed if you were KK?  'Little setbacks' means only 3 days training since Keegan's return?  Pathetic.  As an outsider looking in, it seems like Viduka signed on for one last big payday and not a lot else.

Also sounds like KK is annoyed with these little setbacks and the lak of training Viduka is doing... doubt he would mention it in those terms if he thought it was just one of those things.

Wouldn't you be annoyed if you were KK?  'Little setbacks' means only 3 days training since Keegan's return?  Pathetic.  As an outsider looking in, it seems like Viduka signed on for one last big payday and not a lot else.

Yep, that's what I was saying, I just meant the little knocks and niggles that have continually 'stopped him training'.

Reading a hell of a lot into that statement.

I wouldn't have thought so.  Players often get little niggles and miss a training session or tow and it never gets mentioned to the press.  I think KK has said to the press that MV have only done 3 training sessions for a reason.  When KK is working with a squad as small as his, the last thing he needs is someone making the most of a niggle if there is one.

It's not like we didn't know what we were getting into in this respect when we signed him

Notorious for breaking down completely for any injury and taking weeks to get back to fitness