A small ray of hope

steve_69

Kevin Keegan confirmed on Saturday that Newcastle's Joey Barton would be unable to play in either of our upcoming away fixtures on Merseyside due to the terms of his bail release.

Barton will miss the trip to Anfield on Saturday week and theoretically also the season closer at Goodison Park in May as he's unable to set foot in Liverpool city centre.

The 25 year-old midfielder is due in court on March 15th to answer charges arising from an incident in the early hours of December 27th 2007.

And Barton is also due to stand trial in Manchester on June 30th over the training ground clash with former Man City team mate Ousmane Dabo on May 1st 2007.

How sad is it that we as fans, quite fairly, have gotten to a point where we actually wish suspensions on some of our players because the management seem too clueless (or know something thousands of us can't see) to drop them and try something new.

Out with the shite and in with the shite.

At least if Smith plays in midfield it means he's not up front doing the sum total of fuck all

If Smith plays in midfield he's in a more influential position where he offers even less.

Out with the s**** and in with the s****.

At least if Smith plays in midfield it means he's not up front doing the sum total of f*** all

If Smith plays in midfield he's in a more influential position where he offers even less.

How can he offer less than nothing?

At least if Smith plays in midfield it means he's not up front doing the sum total of f*** all

Because he's sh*t.

He definitely can offer less than nothing!

In midfield he will give away free kicks on the edge of our box all game, which means opportunities to score and therefore most likely goals for the other team!

No coincidence that we are going to be facing Arteta and Gerrard in those games. They will probably score from 10 Alan Smith Free-kicks between them.

Keep him upfront where he can't make things even worse for us please!

I'd rather see Ameobi, Carroll, Viduka, Martins, Owen, Terry McDermott, Noddy, The Jolly Green Giant or Free Willy up front than Alan Smith - he's fucking useless.

In fact, i'd go so far as to say he's one of the least effective strikers i've ever seen in a black and white shirt.

More of Butt and Smith in midfield. Yay.

Errr i hope not.... play Faye and Emre with Lua Lua and Geremi on the bench.

Mind you i fully expect your right, KK will not want to upset the likes of Smith and Butt and go ahead and play them regardless of their shiteness, oh Joy.