charlie nicholas

lovejoy

Guest nufc_geordie

Thought he talked a lot of truth to be honest. I for one agree with almost everything that he said. Too many people on here have blind faith in keegan, I have stated before and will state again he should never have came back although I do respect him for doind so. He had his whole reputation to lose and is slowly doing so.

Guest nufc_geordie

People have short memories, not too long ago many people on here were talking of him giving us an outside chance of qualifying for Europe this season! I agree todays p[erformance was unlucky and we should have won comfortably but we didn't, part of the managers job is to keep confidence as high as possible.

People have short memories, not too long ago many people on here were talking of him giving us an outside chance of qualifying for Europe this season! I agree todays p[erformance was unlucky and we should have won comfortably but we didn't, part of the managers job is to keep confidence as high as possible.

Which people where those?  One or maybe two nutters at most?  What on earth does that have to do with Keegan and what he should be expected to achieve anyway?

i remember after the opening day of the season, on the sunday supplement show, the wankers who slate us now cimed we were the only one's who were capable of breaking the top 4.

Guest Brazilianbob

Charlie Nicholas is a fking nobody. He's the Franny Jeffers of the 80's.

You obviously never saw him play or you wouldn't say that.

Guest nufc_geordie

i remember after the opening day of the season, on the sunday supplement show, the wankers who slate us now cimed we were the only one's who were capable of breaking the top 4.

and anyone who thought that really didn't know what they were talking about.........At best a top half finish should have been what we were looking at this season, then maybe try and kick on into Europe next year.  From where we are now obviously survival is first priority, next season mid table, season after top half and then Europe in three years time!

i like him tbh, even tho i don't always agree with him, as he has a bit of humility and actually backs up his opinions.

like when he said martins was a panic buy, he didn't come out all indignant and shout "martins is a panic buy FACT" like some of the other panellist cunts would, but said he thought he might be a panic buy cos he thought newcastle needed someone who could link play and hold up the ball and martins didn't really fulfill that criteria.

in this instance i thought he was a bit too easy on us, saying he thought butt and smith are players other clubs would like to have  :idiot2:

I quite like Charlie Nicholas too, usually he seems to like Newcastle as well. He's entitled to his opinion, shame he was right.

He was a good player too. Saw him play at Highbury against us in 1984 just after he joined them and was the best player on the pitch although it was early days and before Beardsley and Waddle had became big 1st division players.

Charlie Nicholas is a fking nobody. He's the Franny Jeffers of the 80's.

You obviously never saw him play or you wouldn't say that.

Arsenal:   1983-1984     Played   41     Scored   11   goals

1984-1985     Played   38     Scored   9   goals  

1985-1986     Played   41     Scored   10   goals

1986-1987     Played   28     Scored   4   goals

1987-1988     Played   3     Scored   0   goals

He scored a goal every four games for Arsenal. Wow, what a legend.