Thank God Shearer didn't get the managers job!

Guest Brazilianbob

What else could he say?

Yes they are shit, later Newcastle.

Maybe it would be for the best, verbal kick up the arse, chances are it could do more damage than good.

Its ok us facing facts, but do you really want someone of Shearer's stature putting the boot in when were down?

Thought not.

should never have said it. I cringed when I saw him say that.

Shades of KK when he said "Id  love it if we beat them".

I hope it doesnt come back to haunt him/us.

Doug

Could you imagine the uproar if he said well they are pretty awful and I think they will go down.

He said he thinks we'll be okay. Which is what a lot of people think, by the way I think we are awful and could go down, but we'll probably survice because Fulham and Reading are even worse, so also IMO we will be too good to go down.

Hope this doesn't come back and bite me.

Guest LucaAltieri

We are, like.

If Bolton, Fulham, Derby etc are setting the "going down" standard then we ARE too good to go down.

No arguments here.

Guest elbee909

What else could he say?

Yes they are shit, later Newcastle.

Maybe it would be for the best, verbal kick up the arse, chances are it could do more damage than good.

Its ok us facing facts, but do you really want someone of Shearer's stature putting the boot in when were down?

Thought not.

"You can prove anything with facts, can't you?"

Guest Bolton Zulu

If we go down, I can see him coming in and doing "a Roy Keane".

What? Snotting someone?

Guest RodrigoPalacio

If we go down, I can see him coming in and doing "a Roy Keane".

What? Snotting someone?

Wanking dogs man.

The majority of people think we are too good to go. i think we could, and alot of other Newcastle fans fear the worst aswell, but alot of other fans think we'll survive.

The majority of people think we are too good to go. i think we could, and alot of other Newcastle fans fear the worst aswell, but alot of other fans think we'll survive.

Unfortunately this is true and it will not help us to put our head in the sand. Until we drop into that bottom three (which might not happen until the last week of the season) people will still feel that way. The players and the crowd need to know that we are more likely to go down than we are to stay up, they need to feel that desire and importance to win a game, it may put the pressure on but some players will thrive on that and stand up to be counted. We need to fight and scrap in every game until the end and the sooner we realise the predictment we are in and the need to do this, the better our chances are. Walking around under the misguided notion that we are in no real danger and that there are plenty teams worse than ourselves will just suck us down.

Guest Brazilianbob

Unfortunately this is true and it will not help us to put our head in the sand. Until we drop into that bottom three (which might not happen until the last week of the season) people will still feel that way. The players and the crowd need to know that we are more likely to go down than we are to stay up, they need to feel that desire and importance to win a game, it may put the pressure on but some players will thrive on that and stand up to be counted. We need to fight and scrap in every game until the end and the sooner we realise the predictment we are in and the need to do this, the better our chances are. Walking around under the misguided notion that we are in no real danger and that there are plenty teams worse than ourselves will just suck us down.

Couldn't put it better myself.  The teams at the bottom know they are in trouble and are fighting to stay up.  As a result, most of the teams below us have all picked up vital points whilst we have picked up zilch.  How many times have we seen teams drop into that third bottom place from a position where they thought they were safe.  We fit quite snugly into that category and if we don't start really fighting tooth and nail for survival we will go down.  Can you see any other team allowing Derbyshire to make the run he did on Saturday.  Any other side would have either blocked the run or brought him down.  OK it might have resulted in a sending off but we would at least have got a point rather than none.