Grumpy Zog

Guest BooBoo

Smith is a great lad and has a great attitude, we need more Smiths. :thup:

Why do people keep going on about Smith? Both N'Zogbia and Smith are pretty poor.

Surely you're not telling me that the two players have a similar amount of talent?

Why do people keep going on about Smith? Both N'Zogbia and Smith are pretty poor.

Surely you're not telling me that the two players have a similar amount of talent?

N'Zogbia has more potential, but I'd ditch the both of them. Neither are good enough to save us in a relegation fight.

N'Zogbia has more potential, but I'd ditch the both of them. Neither are good enough to save us in a relegation fight.

So who, in our current squad, is good enough to save us in your opinion?

Our squad is desperate as a whole, we need to make the best of what we've got or we will go down. I'm a big fan of N'Zogbia, think he has the potential to be a top class winger, but I'll readily admit he's far from the finished article and can be frustrating.

But he's one of the very few players in our squad that I have any hope for when they get the ball, cos I know he's capable of doing something quality. It's not ideal relying on a moody, streaky player, but it's the best shot we've got.

Guest BooBoo

Its odd that Smith gets torn apart by fans when the likes of Zog, Duff and Barton are equally as poor but nobody blows their top.  :nope:

Its odd that Smith gets torn apart by fans when the likes of Zog, Duff and Barton are equally as poor but nobody blows their top.  :nope:

Mate, didn't you know that N'Zogbia is allowed to be shit and escape criticism because he's got "potential".

Neither Barton nor N'Zogbia get enough games (in their correct position, in the case of N'Zogbia) to warrant anywhere near the same level of criticism though. Give N'Zogbia 5 games in a row on the left wing and I could nearly gaurantee he'll produce something far more helpful to us than Smith has all season. He already has playing at left-back, anyway.

As for Duff, I would agree with you. And you've obviously not read Wullie's posts on the matter. :lol:

Neither Barton nor N'Zogbia get enough games (in their correct position, in the case of N'Zogbia) to warrant anywhere near the same level of criticism though. Give N'Zogbia 5 games in a row on the left wing and I could nearly gaurantee he'll produce something far more helpful to us than Smith has all season. He already has playing at left-back, anyway.

As for Duff, I would agree with you. And you've obviously not read Wullie's posts on the matter. :lol:

Spot on Shakster.

Guest toonlass

Michael Owen has a worse attitude, looks like he would rather be in Ikea than playing for us!

I think he is doing the best he can with limited supply & he is struggling to adept his game since his major operations.

He hardly had limited supply last week and yet couldn't hit a barn door. .

It is shame when them goalkeepers get in the way & make saves. 

bluelaugh.gif

Its funny that whenever anyone dares to critcise Owen, that some people will say "Oh but he needs chances to score, he needs others to make them for him" and then when he has chances to score its all to do with the keeper saving and not him missing the goal! He is yesterday's man, and should be dropped for Oba asap.

So who, in our current squad, is good enough to save us in your opinion?

Our squad is desperate as a whole, we need to make the best of what we've got or we will go down. I'm a big fan of N'Zogbia, think he has the potential to be a top class winger, but I'll readily admit he's far from the finished article and can be frustrating.

But he's one of the very few players in our squad that I have any hope for when they get the ball, cos I know he's capable of doing something quality. It's not ideal relying on a moody, streaky player, but it's the best shot we've got.

Sadly, I don't think many of our players are good enough to save us from the slump we're in.

I do find it strange how much stick Dyer used to get, when he was actually a much better player than N'Zogbia.

Guest MaetihS

Shearer should have retired in 2004 at the very latest.

If so, we will be relegated a long time ago before this season.

He hindered us more than helped us in those last few seasons.

Selling Dyer wasn't a mistake but not replacing him with a creatuve midfielder was.

None of the Champions League/UEFA Cup run players where replaced effectively.

Solano > Milner with ease.

Robert > Duff with ease.

Speed > Butt with ease.

Jenas > Barton with ease.

Dyer is better than all the other shit we have in midfield as well.

ALL 5 of those players had sound basic football ability. ALL have good first touches and could all do the simple things in the game. All those players had their limitations but they are far better than the shit we have today. Also, apart from Dyer all those players had good fitness records. It resulted in some of them being complacent but they all had a good understanding of each others game because they played together week-in week-out.

Nobody was sad when Jenas & Dyer left...they had to move on and we got good fee's but boy did we waste the money on some shit.

Guest MaetihS

Selling Dyer wasn't a mistake but not replacing him with a creatuve midfielder was.

None of the Champions League/UEFA Cup run players where replaced effectively.

Solano > Milner with ease.

Robert > Duff with ease.

Speed > Butt with ease.

Jenas > Barton with ease.

Dyer is better than all the other s*** we have in midfield as well.

ALL 5 of those players had sound basic football ability. ALL have good first touches and could all do the simple things in the game. All those players had their limitations but they are far better than the s*** we have today. Also, apart from Dyer all those players had good fitness records. It resulted in some of them being complacent but they all had a good understanding of each others game because they played together week-in week-out.

Nobody was sad when Jenas & Dyer left...they had to move on and we got good fee's but boy did we waste the money on some s***.

The painful truth.....

Guest MaetihS

no way....

no way....

Please tell me in what way we benefited from having a highly immobile centre forward who was a shadow of his former self up front, while the impact of the name Shearer was detrimental to those around him as it made him undroppable. Especially when Kluivert/Bellamy were forming a good understanding between each other. Shearer came back from injury and Souness never had the bottle to drop him.