Mike Ashley - Sport Relief

kirkwdavis2001

Guest nufc 4 life

bought 3 tickets for £100,000 in the aid for charity, doesn't have to much to do with Newcastle FC, but just shows you what a generous chairman we have and links in with the previous thread on Randy Lerner.  :thup:

.. bought three tickets to their Alan Sugar thingy for 100k, top bloke!

aye, smashing.

Never mind that the team is in the shite though,

150k last December FFS (and no, that does not stand for Fat Freddy Shepherd)

Hardly going to make a difference given Ashley's wealth and business interests.

Charity FFS.

aye, smashing.

Charity FFS.

the point is that I don't really care if the chairman/owner is a "good bloke" or not, I just want them to back their managers and run good football teams.

aye, smashing.

Charity FFS.

the point is that I don't really care if the chairman/owner is a "good bloke" or not, I just want them to back their managers and run good football teams.

Who says both can't happen?

As Ashley is unlikely to make a profit from NUFC in the foreseeable future (haven't noticed any undeserved dividends recently), its probably just as well that he is portrayed as having a generous nature.

Who is better, Aston Villa's Randy Lerner, or Freddy Shepherd?

aye, smashing.

Charity FFS.

As Ashley is unlikely to make a profit from NUFC in the foreseeable future (haven't noticed any undeserved dividends recently), its probably just as well that he is portrayed as having a generous nature.

get the football club sorted out first then, before trying to show he's a "good bloke" or embarking on poxy PR gimmicks like buying people beer in pubs.

I'm not interested in Randy Lerner. We qualified for europe more than anybody but 4 during the time the Halls and Shepherd ran the club which should suggest to anyone with any sort of logical brain that it makes them a damn sight better than the vast majority of their competition.

We are in a relegation fight, and they should have tried to prevent it in January.

aye, smashing.

Charity FFS.

get the football club sorted out first then, before trying to show he's a "good bloke" or embarking on poxy PR gimmicks like buying people beer in pubs.

I'm not interested in Randy Lerner. We qualified for europe more than anybody but 4 during the time the Halls and Shepherd ran the club which should suggest to anyone with any sort of logical brain that it makes them a damn sight better than the vast majority of their competition.

We are in a relegation fight, and they should have tried to prevent it in January.

For the record, he donated to Sport Relief before Allardyce was sacked.

We were in a relegation fight before we sacked Allardyce due to our oncoming fixtures. He tried to do something in January by pushing the boat out to Keegan. He even attempted to back the manager in the transfer market, only a mixture of player preference (Woodgate) and Keegan's personal choices prevented this.

You should care about Lerner, as he's currently showing chairmen at other clubs how it should be done. It took him time (over a year) to make results on the pitch happen. Perhaps we should give our new board time.

aye, smashing.

Charity FFS.

For the record, he donated to Sport Relief before Allardyce was sacked.

We were in a relegation fight before we sacked Allardyce due to our oncoming fixtures. He tried to do something in January by pushing the boat out to Keegan. He even attempted to back the manager in the transfer market, only a mixture of player preference (Woodgate) and Keegan's personal choices prevented this.

You should care about Lerner, as he's currently showing chairmen at other clubs how it should be done. It took him time (over a year) to make results on the pitch happen. Perhaps we should give our new board time.

The progress he has made at Villa is no different to the progress we made under the Halls and Shepherd, who took over clubs that had previously been ran by shite people.

His current manager is currently doing a good job, but who's to say he will match Keegans first era at Newcastle ? I doubt it. Then we will see what he does. Think about it if you can.

Fairly typical for someone like you to pick one example and ignore the rest, deluding yourself that everybody has done better than us.

I simply don't believe that Keegan wouldn't have wanted to bring in immediate forward players. You can believe it if you like. Strange that only deluded Newcastle supporters think they did the right thing by buying nobody, given the position we are in.

How much was raised on the night then?

Was £15m at 11pm when I tuned in, just after someone rich and anonymous had contacted Sports Relief to pledge £5.5m. Hope it wasn't Ashley, as this thread could become 5.5m pages long.

Guest Geordiesned

aye, smashing.

Never mind that the transfer window is now closed so no money can be spent on the team and he did make money available in January but it was not spent.  :rolleyes:

aye, smashing.

Never mind that the transfer window is now closed so no money can be spent on the team and he did make money available in January but it was not spent.  :rolleyes:

how much ? Why wasn't it spent ? Keep deluding yourself. If you think that it is OK that we can't force the hand of small clubs like Blackburn to sell us their best players, welcome to true mediocrity the likes of which you clearly don't understand. But soon will if this is the path they are choosing to follow.

At the end of the day, I don't really give a toss how good a bloke runs the football club if we are struggling and they don't capitalise on the fanbase.