Timing: Our past, the present, our future? by NE5

James

Anyone seen this? :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CD4oRPMf3I

nice to see you get so emotional ... you should get out more.... :lol:

Coming from someone who spent his birthday on here defending Shepherd :lol:

the wider picture still eludes you I see.

And when is my birthday ?

Well according to the bar at the bottom which announces birthdays it was the other day, unless you lied about it for some strange reason.

BTW How does the wider picture elude me?

A lot of talk about "facts" on this thread, so here's a few:

Average league position under Fat Freddy: 8th

Average points total under Fat Freddy: 54

Average points per league game under Fat Freddy: 1.4

Number of managers sacked just a few games into a season: 3

Number of insults to Newcastle supporters: I've lost count

Anyone seen this? :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CD4oRPMf3I

nice to see you get so emotional ... you should get out more.... :lol:

Coming from someone who spent his birthday on here defending Shepherd :lol:

the wider picture still eludes you I see.

And when is my birthday ?

Well according to the bar at the bottom which announces birthdays it was the other day, unless you lied about it for some strange reason.

BTW How does the wider picture elude me?

Sure, I was born in 1805 or whatever it says ...... can't believe how dumb some people are .....

I suggest you read this thread and the posts from sensible posters that are in it if you still don't see it. You can also answer the question "who is sitting on the outside waiting to take over the club and lead us to this glory glory land of trophies galore,  moving up to the level of the only 4 clubs that have done better than us". Take your time..... :roll:

A lot of talk about "facts" on this thread, so here's a few:

Average league position under Fat Freddy: 8th

Average points total under Fat Freddy: 54

Average points per league game under Fat Freddy: 1.4

Number of managers sacked just a few games into a season: 3

Number of insults to Newcastle supporters: I've lost count

Name us the 7 teams with a higher average position ?

PS...you won't get further than 4.

Are you still backing your man Souness ?

5th request.

Sure, I was born in 1805 or whatever it says ...... can't believe how dumb some people are .....

Well obviously you lied about the year you were born but I put that down to you being embarrassed about your age, you find most elderly people (especially women) do it.

I didn't expect you to lie about the actual date of your birthday, not sure why anyone would tbh

I suggest you read this thread and the posts from sensible posters that are in it if you still don't see it. You can also answer the question "who is sitting on the outside waiting to take over the club and lead us to this glory glory land of trophies galore,  moving up to the level of the only 4 clubs that have done better than us". Take your time..... :roll:

So you came to the conclusion about me not seeing the bigger picture because I pointed out you were on here on your birthday?

As for who is on the outside waiting to take over and push us on - I only know of the latest takeover talk, whether they will improve us isn't something I or anyone can predict without some inside knowledge about their intentions, do you actually know of anyone btw or do you presume its something that nobody can realistically answer?

Well obviously you lied about the year you were born but I put that down to you being embarrassed about your age, you find most elderly people (especially women) do it.

I didn't expect you to lie about the actual date of your birthday, not sure why anyone would tbh

So you came to the conclusion about me not seeing the bigger picture because I pointed out you were on here on your birthday?

As for who is on the outside waiting to take over and push us on - I only know of the latest takeover talk, whether they will improve us isn't something I or anyone can predict without some inside knowledge about their intentions, do you actually know of anyone btw or do you presume its something that nobody can realistically answer?

random date picked out of thin air ..... I take it that not many people post on here or message boards on their birthday, Why not ?

The fact that nobody can name a successor at all, never mind one who will guarantee moving upwards when there are only 4 places further upwards to move, is conclusive proof that those who want it so badly and are totally oblivious to the pitfalls of it have their heads up their arse to a huge degree, even more so when they are told this and still choose not to listen.

If it wasn't so sad, and potentially so disastrous for all of us, I would laugh.

Why would he have to?

There may well be only 4 teams who have done better than us since Shepherd took charge but that doesn't mean our average league table finish isn't 8th.

The sum of a list of numbers, divided by the total number of numbers in the list. Also called arithmetic mean

Why would he have to?

There may well be only 4 teams who have done better than us since Shepherd took charge but that doesn't mean our average league table finish isn't 8th.

The sum of a list of numbers, divided by the total number of numbers in the list. Also called arithmetic mean

Well. I am pointing out that only 4 teams have qualified more for europe and have a higher average position.

I would also point out that nobody has an average position of 1st, 5th, 6th or 7th. Strange eh.

Over the last 4 years the clubs "other" costs not including wages have been 20.1m,  20.7m, 21.5m, 26.7m. In the same period the wages have been 32.1m, 45.2m, 44.9m, 50.2m.  The overall total including interest payments have been 70.8m, 84.8m, 82.6m, 95.8m.

I am more than happy to credit them for keeping costs down, which ones are you refering to ?

These figures are from the clubs accounts, not opinions or anything like that, but fomr publications signed off by Shepherd as being accurate.

Plenty of recruits to your crusade out there......

Crozier is your answer, right  :roll:

sorry I must have missed the bit where you highlighted which costs the board had kept under control. You raised the "fact" that they had done this and that I hadn't given them any credit for it. I know others may be shocked that I'm going to say this but I will anyway. I think you made it up. You know the history of the club, so you know how it is. You know they have not controlled costs in the slightest, exactly the opposite,  the costs are going up every year, that they haven't a clue how to control costs. You hoped that you could plant the comment in the midst of you post and that some may actually read it and accept it. Say it aint so. Say you were telling the truth. Say that you weren't just making up facts that were just downright lies. We want to believe something you say and if you just randomly make up some 'facts' how can we trust your other 'facts' to be true.

It is unfair to try and compare Crozier with Shepherd.

Crozier runs a business with £9000m, and rising, turnover; Shepherd a business with under £80m, and sinking turnover.

Crozier runs a business with assets of £3000m, Shepherd one with assets of £150m. Crozier has 193,000 people to manage, Shepherd 300.

Crozier makes money for his business, reduces the business costs, Shepherd doesn't.

The only thing I can find that they have in common is their 'basic' pay. Crozier gets £500,000 per year as his basic, and so does Shepherd. If Crozier meets strict targets he can get a performance bonus. Shephered awards himself a bonus if he thinks he deserves it. Crozier's pay details are at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4114276.stm   

As far as performance from the NUFC is concered the accounts have the wonderful quote on page 18 of last year's accounts "The is no formal evaluation of the performance of the Board or of the individual Directors. The Board considers that is easier to recognise effective performance than to measure it". I think they just ask you.

Over the last 4 years the clubs "other" costs not including wages have been 20.1m,  20.7m, 21.5m, 26.7m. In the same period the wages have been 32.1m, 45.2m, 44.9m, 50.2m.  The overall total including interest payments have been 70.8m, 84.8m, 82.6m, 95.8m.

I am more than happy to credit them for keeping costs down, which ones are you refering to ?

These figures are from the clubs accounts, not opinions or anything like that, but fomr publications signed off by Shepherd as being accurate.

sorry I must have missed the bit where you highlighted which costs the board had kept under control. You raised the "fact" that they had done this and that I hadn't given them any credit for it. I know others may be shocked that I'm going to say this but I will anyway. I think you made it up. You know the history of the club, so you know how it is. You know they have not controlled costs in the slightest, exactly the opposite,  the costs are going up every year, that they haven't a clue how to control costs. You hoped that you could plant the comment in the midst of you post and that some may actually read it and accept it. Say it aint so. Say you were telling the truth. Say that you weren't just making up facts that were just downright lies. We want to believe something you say and if you just randomly make up some 'facts' how can we trust your other 'facts' to be true.

Crozier runs a business with £9000m, and rising, turnover; Shepherd a business with under £80m, and sinking turnover.

Crozier runs a business with assets of £3000m, Shepherd one with assets of £150m. Crozier has 193,000 people to manage, Shepherd 300.

Crozier makes money for his business, reduces the business costs, Shepherd doesn't.

The only thing I can find that they have in common is their 'basic' pay. Crozier gets £500,000 per year as his basic, and so does Shepherd. If Crozier meets strict targets he can get a performance bonus. Shephered awards himself a bonus if he thinks he deserves it. Crozier's pay details are at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4114276.stm     

As far as performance from the NUFC is concered the accounts have the wonderful quote on page 18 of last year's accounts "The is no formal evaluation of the performance of the Board or of the individual Directors. The Board considers that is easier to recognise effective performance than to measure it". I think they just ask you.

Unfortuntately, Crozier appointed a failure manager for 4m quid a year and has sold off the England team from grassroots supporters for the next century.

Which means, your figures are utterly meaningless, proving nothing other than such qualifications have little relevance on the ability to run a football club/association etc.

Unfortuntately, Crozier appointed a failure manager for 4m quid a year and has sold off the England team from grassroots supporters for the next century.

Which means, your figures are utterly meaningless, proving nothing other than such qualifications have little relevance on the ability to run a football club/association etc.

I guess your lack of reply to the costs means I was right. I am so sad. I love arguing with you, but now you've admitted you made something up, makes it all seem so cheap and dirty.

I guess Crozier should have appointed Souness ?

Guest Pugwash

Why would he have to?

Well. I am pointing out that only 4 teams have qualified more for europe and have a higher average position.

I would also point out that nobody has an average position of 1st, 5th, 6th or 7th. Strange eh.

Hi.  Sorry but I'm new to this game; can i ask, please, where you get these figures from, and I also take it that if 4 teams have average higher finish than us but only 3 places, 2nd, 3rd and 4th are occupied that 2 teams are equal?

Thanks

Why would he have to?

Hi.  Sorry but I'm new to this game; can i ask, please, where you get these figures from, and I also take it that if 4 teams have average higher finish than us but only 3 places, 2nd, 3rd and 4th are occupied that 2 teams are equal?

Thanks

more or less. Work them out. Take league positions over the last decade and divide by 10.

I have them somewhere, they are also somewhere on the site. You don't even need to work them out, look down the list of clubs and you can clearly see the only 4 clubs that have qualified for europe more than us.

Guest Gemmill

Why would he have to?

Thanks

more or less. Work them out. Take league positions over the last decade and divide by 10.

I have them somewhere, they are also somewhere on the site. You don't even need to work them out, look down the list of clubs and you can clearly see the only 4 clubs that have qualified for europe more than us.

Tell him.  Go on, tell him.  Don't be coy!  Tell him that using this measure, until last season Aston Villa were bang on level with us, which makes Doug Ellis as good as Shepherd. 

Why are you still using this measure of success when it's come back and slapped you in the face so spectacularly? :lol:

Thanks

It is a good game.

The 'proof' for the 5th best is found by taking the position for all sides over the last 9 or 10 seasons.  You add up all the finishing positions and you end up with a points total for each club. You sort this into smallest to highest. You then get Man U with the lowest points total, and an average finishing position of something 1.8. Next best is Arsenal, avergae 2.0, Chelsea average 3.8, and then Liverpool average 4.0. The next best is Newcastle with an average finishing position of 8.3, then Villa with 8.8. So on this league table we finish 5th best. This is the fact used by NE5 to justify saying we are 5th best.

Now many of us feel this just doesn't seem right. 4 times in those ten years have we finished in the top 5, and 5 times we have finished in the bottom half. Those that feel this discomfort prefer to look at the actual average finishing position of 8.3. This would mean that on average every year 7 sides finish above us. That feels more like reality than  suggesting there are only 4 sides better than us.

Such is the way of averaging figures that even if we were relegated this season we would still be 6th best over the last 11 seasons, and NE5 could continue to be justified in telling us we've never had it so good

Why would he have to?

Thanks

Tell him.  Go on, tell him.  Don't be coy!  Tell him that using this measure, until last season Aston Villa were bang on level with us, which makes Doug Ellis as good as Shepherd. 

Why are you still using this measure of success when it's come back and slapped you in the face so spectacularly? :lol:

eeerrrr....only 4 teams have a higher average position and the same 4 teams are the only ones that have qualified more for europe ?

I can see my lead article and HTL's post, not to mention the few other good ones by others, still don't make an impression on you, you STILL believe that any chairman who takes over NUFC is automatically going to challenge those top 4 clubs ?????

:obi:

Actually Gem, a question. How old are you, 35 ? Is that right ?

Guest Gemmill

Thanks

It is a good game.

The 'proof' for the 5th best is found by taking the position for all sides over the last 9 or 10 seasons.  You add up all the finishing positions and you end up with a points total for each club. You sort this into smallest to highest. You then get Man U with the lowest points total, and an average finishing position of something 1.8. Next best is Arsenal, avergae 2.0, Chelsea average 3.8, and then Liverpool average 4.0. The next best is Newcastle with an average finishing position of 8.3, then Villa with 8.8. So on this league table we finish 5th best. This is the fact used by NE5 to justify saying we are 5th best.

Now many of us feel this just doesn't seem right. 4 times in those ten years have we finished in the top 5, and 5 times we have finished in the bottom half. Those that feel this discomfort prefer to look at the actual average finishing position of 8.3. This would mean that on average every year 7 sides finish above us. That feels more like reality than  suggesting there are only 4 sides better than us.

Such is the way of averaging figures that even if we were relegated this season we would still be 6th best over the last 11 seasons, and NE5 could continue to be justified in telling us we've never had it so good

Once again NE5 sees his argument DEMOLISHED in front of his very eyes.  It's like on Game For A Laugh when they used to take a monster truck to some bloke's car and the hidden camera would catch all the action as he looked on, head in hands, disbelieving.  Only on Game For a Laugh, the bloke would discover at the end that it wasn't really his pride and joy they'd destroyed and it was all fake.  Unfortunately for NE5, this really IS his pride and joy getting the monster truck treatment.

Now THAT is an analogy.  :cool:

Thanks

It is a good game.

Once again NE5 sees his argument DEMOLISHED in front of his very eyes.  It's like on Game For A Laugh when they used to take a monster truck to some bloke's car and the hidden camera would catch all the action as he looked on, head in hands, disbelieving.  Only on Game For a Laugh, the bloke would discover at the end that it wasn't really his pride and joy they'd destroyed and it was all fake.  Unfortunately for NE5, this really IS his pride and joy getting the monster truck treatment.

Now THAT is an analogy.  :cool:

On the contrary, nothing has changed to show I am wrong. Only 4 clubs have qualified for europe, and how many clubs "with better boards" aren't in europe...in your "opinion"

And BTW - edited the last post to ask you a question

Man Utd        1.8

Arsenal          2

Chelsea        3.8

Liverpool      4

Newcastle    8.3

Aston Villa    8.8

Tottenham    10.4

Leeds            12.6

Everton        12.9

West Ham    13.8

Boro              13.9

Blackburn      15

Southampton 15.1

Charlton        17.4

Leicester        17.8

Bolton            19.3

Sunderland    20

Guest Gemmill

Why would he have to?

Thanks

eeerrrr....only 4 teams have a higher average position and the same 4 teams are the only ones that have qualified more for europe ?

I can see my lead article and HTL's post, not to mention the few other good ones by others, still don't make an impression on you, you STILL believe that any chairman who takes over NUFC is automatically going to challenge those top 4 clubs ?????

:obi:

Actually Gem, a question. How old are you, 35 ? Is that right ?

30, you cheeky twat!  I'm a regular oil of olay user too so I look about 23.

Or put another way...

Team      Average number oif sides finishing above that team each season

Man Utd        0.8

Arsenal          1

Chelsea        2.8

Liverpool      3

Newcastle    7.3

Aston Villa    7.8

Tottenham    9.4

Leeds            11.6

Everton        11.9

West Ham    12.8