Draws will get you relegated

Guest sicko2ndbest

He's obviously trying to say that it's better to always go out with the attitude to try and win the game, rather than playing for a draw, even if you're in a relegation fight.

Which Skirge has just shown doesn't actually work ;)

What if everyone drew every game though, then what?

Goals scored I would assume ;)

All 0-0s. Then what?

Alphabetical order?

Or they'd probably just give the title to Liverpool.

im sure i read somewhere there would be playoffs if that happened...

He's obviously trying to say that it's better to always go out with the attitude to try and win the game, rather than playing for a draw, even if you're in a relegation fight.

You wouldn't draw every game though, would you? Same as you don't win every game when you go out with the attitude to win the games.

You wouldn't draw every game though, would you? Same as you don't win every game when you go out with the attitude to win the games.

You might win some of the ones you were trying to draw though.

Well really a draw in every game gives you 38 points, so be ahead of derby, Fulham, Bolton,Brum,Wigan,Reading,Scum,Boro and us but still 6 games to go soooo, is 38 enough to be safe season by season ?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Liverpool have drawn 11.

I understand your point, but i think it is less important to the top teams because their win/loss ratio is far higher (probably 6-7:1)

I think any mid-bottom table team that draws more than 10 will be in seriuos trouble becaus ethey won't have the win % to make up their points

Doesn't that go against your initial premise though?

I dont think it does because my point is that teams like Reading and Sunderland who havnt drawn many will be safe because they have a win loss ratio of 1:2, Fulhams is at 1:4 because of the amount of draws they have achieved.

You could end up in a situiation where you lose less than 10 games and still be relegated

w 4

d 25

l 9

points 37

Not winning enough gets you relegated then.

Obviously not winning enough will get you relegated

My point in a nutshell is that not converting some of those draws into wins could be disasterous. As a manager it is worth going all out for the win.

Obviously circumstances dictate, and i wouldnt suggest a manager who only needs a point send their keeper up in the last minute when they are drawing. I think for the Readings Birminghams, Sunderlands, Boltons it is worth pushing for the 3 points.

Liverpool have drawn 11.

I understand your point, but i think it is less important to the top teams because their win/loss ratio is far higher (probably 6-7:1)

I think any mid-bottom table team that draws more than 10 will be in seriuos trouble becaus ethey won't have the win % to make up their points

Doesn't that go against your initial premise though?

I dont think it does because my point is that teams like Reading and Sunderland who havnt drawn many will be safe because they have a win loss ratio of 1:2, Fulhams is at 1:4 because of the amount of draws they have achieved.

You could end up in a situiation where you lose less than 10 games and still be relegated

w 4

d 25

l 9

points 37

Not winning enough gets you relegated then.

Obviously not winning enough will get you relegated

My point in a nutshell is that not converting some of those draws into wins could be disasterous. As a manager it is worth going all out for the win.

Obviously circumstances dictate, and i wouldnt suggest a manager who only needs a point send their keeper up in the last minute when they are drawing. I think for the Readings Birminghams, Sunderlands, Boltons it is worth pushing for the 3 points.

I know, I'm just bored.

All 0-0s. Then what?

There'd be a 20 way playoff! God knows how that would work. Probably by replaying every game again!

We'd all play one game in the US or something ;)

More interested in can we win our last 6 games and go to 52 points? :lol: 3 at home 3 away, pompey 6th on 53 points, Blackburn 7th on 50 points. Of course we need all the teams above us to lose every game. :D

All 0-0s. Then what?

Everyone has stopped following the Premier League by Late November, so no-one cares.