Keegan is the Messiah

James

For me it just confirms that all the science, technology and coaching badges in the world mean very little. KK of course has technical and coaching ability but I firmly believe that it is purely his ability to talk to people, his personality and his ability to breathe confidence into players, that bring the results that we are now starting to see.

I don't think we need intertoto next year we have to develop what we have plus 4 or 5 quailty we will push the teams out side of the top 4 run for their money then we will see where we can go from there.

Keegan is the only person in this world who can move this club forward.

Guest f***thepress

I don't think we need intertoto next year we have to develop what we have plus 4 or 5 quailty we will push the teams out side of the top 4 run for their money then we will see where we can go from there.

Keegan is the only person in this world who can move this club forward.

RIGHT ON BROTHER :  )

Very happy at the moment! Really desperate not to put a dampner on things but theres a lot of assumption that the players will take to keegans method in the summer as well. Im citing Roeder and Allardyce and even Souness as examples of newcastle united players records of summer training.

Roeder and Allardyce especially are good examples of managers whose pre season effect haent been seen on the squad, one manager had a similar confidences boosting run the season before that got them into europe and the other was reknowned for his prep skills and fitness training etc.

Just a thought.

I'm just hoping that, with a new coaching and back-room set up, KK can do this time what he should have been able to do last time - finally put our trophy curse to flight and finish the job he so ably did from 92-97.

The signs look good, and crucially, we look better defensively than during periods of his previous spell in charge - if we can sign a couple of really good Central defenders and a midfield general, we could be heading for good times again, but there is still much to be done ; we also will need to beef up the squad generally to cope with injuries, and Viduka will need replacing as target man very soon, so the re-building job will not be cheap.

As long as we see progress next season - and for a club like NUFC that means achieving European Football - we'll all be happy

Guest toon_army46

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3766/10588708yo3.jpg

It makes me laugh how a couple of weeks back, people on here were stressing saying there were going to get relegated and all this rubbish, but when you look at the tabe now, were 12th, the last couple fo seasons we've finished roughly in that position anyway, imagine where we could be if we hadnt of have a dodgey 1st half of the season.  :cheesy:

The table puts our current situation in perspective... exactly half the points of Manure and a goal difference of 71.... it will be at least a decade before we are able to match them and that would need them to decline dramatically and us to improve dramatically. In the meantime, the Cockernies and Bin-dippers could improve. Lets just enjoy Kev's footie and not get hung up on winning something. It is a media obsession, I don't believe it's a fan obsession... just look how the cnuts droned on and on about him not winning a game.

Very happy at the moment! Really desperate not to put a dampner on things but theres a lot of assumption that the players will take to keegans method in the summer as well. Im citing Roeder and Allardyce and even Souness as examples of newcastle united players records of summer training.

Roeder and Allardyce especially are good examples of managers whose pre season effect haent been seen on the squad, one manager had a similar confidences boosting run the season before that got them into europe and the other was reknowned for his prep skills and fitness training etc.

Just a thought.

In some respects, the first 8 games or so will have helped ground the players, and everyone else concerned, into not thinking that KK was going to turn on some kind of magical tap that would fix things instantaneously. That difficult start I think has helped focus the players onto realising what hard work has needed to be done.

With any manager, there is no way of knowing how a full pre-season will change things but from previous experience with Kevin, I think we can have confidence that the pre-seaons is going to have nothing other than a positive effect on the players.