Nicky Butt - an appreciation

Guest Knightrider

He's flitted between good and terrible this season, very inconsistent. Looked very good in out mini resurgence though.

You're describing the team there, coincidence?

Hard to say. Could say the same about a lot of players though.

Guest battyleespeed

He's started to look good because he finally has some real movement around him and he doesn't need to carry likes of Barton and Smith anymore. Before that he did what he could in the circumstances, I don't think his effort and form has changed that much.

He's started to look good because he finally has some real movement around him and he doesn't need to carry likes of Barton and Smith anymore. Before that he did what he could in the circumstances, I don't think his effort and form has changed that much.

I'd agree with that.  :thup:

Guest float one in

I'd agree with that.  :thup:

Aye, I've been saying that all along. It's impossible for him to do his job properly if there's no one along side him making himself available to accept simple passes out of defence, who can keep the ball and use it to set up attacks effectively.

Guest Knightrider

He was superb today, brilliant use of the ball at times and read the game expertly. He is definitely enjoying a new lease of life under KK and the way we are now set up, he seems to have more time on the ball, more space and seems fresher too. He must be loving it under KK, all his career he's been instructed to nick the ball and play it safe, or to get stuck in, but under KK he's allowed to play the ball and express himself and you can see he's relishing it. Shame he's not a few years younger as he'd be one player we could build a midfield around.